Your Windows computer or the attached printers, scanners and other devices may need fresh driver download. Here is a list of official device driver download sites for HP, Lenovo, Dell, Toshiba, Asus, Acer, etc. Desktop & Laptop from where you can download drivers for your Windows computers.
Device Drivers are the software through which, the kernel of a computer communicates with different hardware, without having to go into the details of how the hardware works. It is a software that controls a hardware part attached to a computer and allows the computer to use the hardware by providing a suitable interface. This means that the operating system need not go into the details about how the hardware part works. It also provides a common interface so that the operating system or the kernel can communicate with the hardware.
How & where to download drivers for Windows 10
If Microsoft Update detects that you are using an older version of a particular Driver, it will immediately offer to update the driver with a compatible newer version. If no compatible one is available, it will prompt you to search for driver software. Windows 10, will by default, install drivers from trusted publishers without prompts. In other cases, you will be presented with a consent dialog box.
The Windows OS lets you download and install the required device drivers automatically.
- You can make Windows Update download Drivers automatically from the Microsoft website, using Windows Update.
- You can use the built-in Device Manager to manually check for driver updates.
These posts will show you how to:
- Download Surface drivers & firmware
- Download Realtek HD Audio driver
- Install or update Graphics Drivers
- Install WiFi drivers
- How to update Bluetooth drivers
- Download TAP-Windows adapter drivers
- Download NVIDIA drivers.
Manufacturers have also released special driver download software for their brands:
- Dell Update utility will help you download or update Dell Drivers
- Lenovo System Update helps you download Lenovo Drivers, Software, Firmware, Update BIOS.
- AMD users may use AMD Driver Autodetect.
- Intel users may use Intel Driver & Support Assistant.
You can also consider using a third-party free driver update software.
Manufacturer driver download websites
You may visit your computer manufacturer’s website to download the device drivers. Here is the list. If you think any official driver download site is missing, do add its link in the comments section below:
- Apple Boot Camp Drivers
- Brother printers, scanners, FAX
- Cannon printers, scanners
- Epson printers, scanners
- Logitech devices.
Do remember to create a system restore point first before you install or update your device drivers.