Bitdefender Safepay is a new addition to Bitdefender’s arsenal. It offers the best possible protection against attacks which target online banking and shopping related activities. Its brand name is enough to justify its worth. Let’s take a look into the applications details.
Bitdefender Safepay is basically a safe browser which operates in Secure Desktop only. Once you download the 85MB file, you will be required to create a free BitDefender account. The installation will then commence and take less than a minute.
When you click on its icon, your desktop will go dark and the browser will launch in Secure Desktop environment. You can now use this browser to visitbanking and other sensitive websites and carry out your transactions in a secured manner.
A small switch in the corner, will let you toggle between your desktop and the browser.
Using Bitdefender Safepay, you can carry out your sensitive online activities knowing that you are safe. To keep your online activity secure and private, double-click the Bitdefender Safepay icon on your desktop. The Bitdefender Safepay browser will appear. Click the icon to access the Virtual Keyboard. Use the Virtual Keyboard to access the web page.
Bitdefender Safepay Features
- It monitors sensitive online transactions continuously without any breaks thereby preventing any kind of hacking attacks. It is especially safe against phishing attacks. Thus the user can continue with his online business, shopping, etc without fear.
- It provides security to your laptop while connecting to an unsecured Wi-Fi. This is especially useful to people who ravel a lot or have a business which requires mobility.
- Unlike other anti-phishing software’s, Bitdefender Safepay does not interfere with your anti-virus software. Thus they work smoothly side by side.
- The software assesses the security of your PC from time to time and informs about all possible threats.
- The application uses cloud technology for protection.
Turn off or disable Bitdefender Safepay
To turn off or disable Bitdefender Safepay, double-click the Bitdefender Safepay icon on your desktop. Bitdefender Safepay browser will appear. Click the Settings button on the upper right corner of the browser. Select “Do not use Safepay”. To revert to the previous settings, select “Every time” or “Automatically open” from the same location.
The anti phishing application has 2 versions: 32 bit and 64 bit. The 32 bit version setup will take 76.8 MB of your hard disk space, whereas the 64 bit version setup will take 85.6 MB of your data space. You will need 2GB of free memory if you are using the 64 bit version and a little less for the 32 bit version.
The system Requirements for Bitdefender Safepay are as follows:
- Operation System: Windows XP SP3 or higher. It is incompatible with Windows RT.
- CPU: More than 800 GHz. However, it works really slow with processing units below 2GHz. Intel Core 2 Duo or higher is recommended in the case.
- Hard Disk Space: 1GB or higher. However, it is better to keep 2GB plus space free on your hard disk memory in case you are using the 64 bit version.
Bitdefender Safepay download
Bitdefender Safepay can be downloaded from Bitdefender’s official website. Do note that it is currently in Beta.
BitDefender also offers several other free tools for Windows, you may want to have a look at: