After one of my recent Windows Updates, Microsoft Outlook has stopped syncing the emails and was not sending, receiving, refreshing or downloading any new email. While my other accounts were syncing, one Hotmail email account had stopped syncing. If you face such a problem, and maybe see a message Problem connecting to Server, this is what you could repair your Outlook account. That helped me.
Outlook not syncing, sending, receiving email
Open Microsoft Outlook and click on the File tab. Now under Info, click on Account Settings and open the settings for the affected account.
When the Account Settings open, select the email account which is not syncing and then click on the Repair button.
The Repair Account box will open. Check your settings and fields and then click Next.
Repair Outlook Account
Outlook will start the process to repair the Outlook account.
It will enable network connection, search for the email account settings and log on to the server to confirm that all is fine.
Once the process is completed, you may want to also click on the Change Account link, check the settings and then click Next.
Outlook will test the account settings and give you a message if all is well.
Click Close, and you will see this box. Click on Finish.
Restart your Outlook and see if this has helped you. If need me sync manually by clicking on the Send/Receive button, the first time.
If this does not help, maybe you need to create a new email profile.
Problem connecting to Server
If Outlook displays a message Problem connecting to Server, then you may need to reconnect Outlook to Outlook.com for uninterrupted email access.
Set TCP/IP as the default protocol
Run ncpa.cpl and select your connection. Right-click on it and select Properties, and ensure that the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) check box is selected.
Hope something here helps you!
Read these posts if you have other Outlook problems:
- Fix Outlook problems like freezing, corrupt PST, Profile, Add-in, etc.
- Not Implemented error in Outlook
- Microsoft Outlook stuck on Loading Profile
- Troubleshoot issues after reconnecting Microsoft Outlook client to Outlook.com
- Microsoft Outlook Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close
- The operation failed, An object cannot be found
- Outlook is not responding, has stopped working, freezes or hangs
- Unable to access PST File or start Outlook after upgrading to Windows 10.