Is the voice chat or your mic not working on Call of Duty: Vanguard? Call of Duty: Vanguard is the most recent installment of the Call of Duty franchise. It is a first-person shooter game played by millions of gaming enthusiasts. But, a lot of players have reported being unable to use the in-game voice chat feature on COD: Vanguard. Their mic just won’t work and they can’t communicate with their fellow players. As voice chat communication is prominent in online gaming, this issue is frustrating several players.
Now, if you are one of the affected users, this post is going to help you. Her,e we are going to discuss methods to get the voice chat feature working on COD: Vanguard. But, before that, let us elaborate on the scenarios that might trigger the issue at hand.
Why is COD: Vanguard voice chat not working on PC?
Here are the potential causes why the voice chat feature might not work on COD: Vanguard:
- The problem might be with your microphone or headset due to which the voice chat is not working fine. So, check your microphone and make sure it is in proper working condition.
- If you haven’t allowed the game access to your microphone, the voice chat won’t work. In that case, check your settings and grant microphone access to the COD: Vanguard game.
- It could be caused due to outdated audio device drivers. Hence, make sure you have up-to-date audio drivers on your PC.
- Outdated Windows OS can be another reason for the same. If the scenario is applicable, install all the available Windows updates to fix the issue.
- Improper sound settings on your PC can also cause the issue at hand. Hence, check and change sound settings to fix the problem.
- If your in-game voice chat settings are not configured correctly, you will face the issue at hand. So, go ahead and change your in-game audio settings on COD: Vanguard.
Based on the above scenarios, you can try the below-listed fixes to get rid of the problem.
COD: Vanguard Voice Chat or Mic not working on Windows 11/10 PC
Here are the solutions you can try to fix the issue of voice chat not working on COD: Vanguard:
- Try some generic fixes.
- Check if the COD: Vanguard game has access to your microphone.
- Update your audio drivers.
- Install pending Windows updates.
- Verify your sound settings.
- Modify in-game audio settings.
1] Try some generic fixes
Before you perform any advanced troubleshooting, make sure your microphone is in the proper working condition physically and the sound is working fine on your system. So, test your microphone with other devices and see if it works fine. Also, ensure that the volume on your PC is not mute. Here are some other basic troubleshooting methods you can try:
- You can try unplugging your headset and then re-plugging it into your PC, and then check if the voice chat is working on COD: Vanguard or not.
- Close the game, unplug the headset, plug it back, open the game, and check whether the problem is gone.
- Try plugging your headset into a different USB port and see if the problem is resolved or not.
- If there is a mute switch on your headset, ensure that it is unmuted.
If you have tried these generic troubleshooting methods and the problem still persists, you can move on to the next potential fix to resolve the error.
2] Check if the COD: Vanguard game has access to your microphone
The problem might be caused if you haven’t granted the game access to your microphone in your Privacy & security settings. You might have disabled mic access to your desktop apps and thus, you are facing this problem. Hence, if the scenario is applicable to you, allow access to your microphone to the game. Here’s is how to do that:
- Firstly, hit the Windows+I hotkey to launch the Settings app.
- Now, go to the Privacy & security settings tab.
- After that, scroll down to the App permissions section and select Microphone.
- Next, make sure the toggle associated with Microphone access is enabled.
- Then, find the Apex Legends game from the list of apps and see if the toggle is enabled or not. If the toggle is disabled, enable it and exit the Settings window.
- Finally, open your game and check if the voice chat is working fine now.
If the scenario doesn’t apply to you, go ahead and try the next potential fix to resolve the issue.
3] Update your audio drivers
The sound-related issues on a PC are often caused because of outdated on corrupted audio drivers. So, if you are having out-of-date audio drivers, you are likely to have issues with the voice chat on your game. Hence, go ahead and update your audio drivers including input and output audio device drivers.
There are multiple methods to update sound drivers. You can open Settings and go to the Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional Updates section and install Optional Updates to update audio drivers. If you want, you can even download and install the latest versions of audio drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
Once your audio drivers are updated, reboot your system and then open your game to check if the voice chat is working properly or not.
In case you have updated audio drivers, move on to the next potential fix.
4] Install pending Windows updates
Such issues can be triggered because of outdated Windows OS. So, make sure you have installed all the pending Windows updates and your system is using the latest Windows build. For that, you can open Settings using Win+I, go to Windows Update, and press the Check for updates button. After that, download and install all the available Windows updates.
If your system is having the latest Windows build and you still get the same issue, try the next potential solution to resolve the problem.
5] Verify your sound settings
Your sound settings can also cause the issue at hand. For example, too many unnecessary input devices are enabled, the active microphone is not set as default, etc. So, check your sound settings and make sure the settings are configured correctly. Here are the sound settings that you need to check and modify accordingly on your PC as well as on the game launcher:
- Firstly, go to Control Panel using the taskbar search option.
- Now, choose the Sound category to launch the Sound window.
- Next, go to the Recording tab, select your microphone, and click on the Set Default button to set it as the default recording device.
- After that, right-click on the unused device and choose the Disable option from the context menu. Do this for every other unused device.
- Now, open the Battle.net client, tap on the BLIZZARD icon, and choose the Settings option.
- Then, go to the Voice Chat and configure the OUTPUT DEVICE and INPUT DEVICE to your system’s default devices. And, press the Done button.
- Finally, launch COD: Vanguard and check if the voice chat and your mic is working fine now.
If this method works for you, well and good. However, if the voice chat on COD: Vanguard still doesn’t work, try the next potential fix.
6] Modify in-game audio settings
You also need to check your in-game audio settings and make sure the voice chat feature is enabled. Here is how you can do that:
- First, launch the COD: Vanguard game and go to its SETTINGS.
- Now, go to the ACCOUNT & NETWORK section and set CROSSPLAY and CROSSPLAY COMMUNICATION (present under ONLINE) to ON.
- Next, move to the AUDIO tab and ensure that the VOICE CHAT option is set to On.
- After that, select Default Communication Device as VOICE CHAT DEVICE and MICROPHONE DEVICE.
- Then, you can set MICROPHONE ACTIVATION MODE to Open Mic or Push to Talk as per your preference.
- Now, set VOICE CHAT VOLUME and MICROPHONE VOLUME to a higher value and then select VOICE CHAT EFFECT as No Effect.
- Finally, reopen the game and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Hopefully, the voice chat on COD: Vanguard will start working fine now.
More suggestions: Mic not working on Windows PC
How do I fix my Vanguard audio?
To fix audio issues on Vanguard, check if your headset is properly connected and your audio settings are configured rightly. Additionally, ensure that you have updated audio drivers on your PC and that your WIndows are updated.
How do I enable Push to Talk on Vanguard?
To enable the Push to Talk mode on Vanguard, open the game and go to Settings. After that, navigate to the AUDIO tab and set MICROPHONE ACTIVATION MODE to Push to Talk.