Here is a guide on how you can fix the ‘Packet burst’ error on Call of Duty Vanguard. A lot of Call of Duty Vanguard players have complained of experiencing the ‘Packet burst’ error during the gameplay. The error eventually causes game lag issues. The issue is reported to occur on both PC and consoles. Now, if you are also facing the same error, this post is for you. In this guide, we are going to discuss several working fixes using which you can get rid of this issue.
Before talking about the solutions, let us try and understand the possible causes that might trigger the error at hand.
Why do I keep getting packet loss in Vanguard?
Here are the potential causes that might cause the Packet burst error in the Call of Duty Vanguard game:
- This error can be facilitated due to an ongoing server issue. In case the Call of Duty Vanguard servers are facing some maintenance or outrage issue. Hence, make sure the servers are not down at the moment. If there is indeed a server problem, you will have to wait until the problem is resolved from the server side.
- Some reports have also suggested that the error might be facilitated if you are using the new in-game settings option called On-Demand Texture Streaming. You can try disabling the feature and see if that fixes the issue for you.
- It can also be caused due to inconsistency with your router cache or corrupted router cache. If the scenario is applicable, you can try performing a power cycle on your router/ modem to fix the problem.
- Inconsistency with your DNS server can also trigger the same error. In that case, you can try switching your default DNS server to a more reliable one (i.e., Google DNS Server) to fix the error.
There might be some other scenarios that can cause the error in hand. Now that you know the scenarios that might trigger the error, you can apply a suitable fix to resolve the issue.
How do I get rid of Vanguard packet loss?
To stop packet loss on Vanguard, you can try disabling the On-demand Texture Streaming feature from in-game graphics settings. If that doesn’t help, you restart your router or perform a power cycle on your networking device, or try using a wired connection. Besides that, using the Google DNS server might also help you deal with the packet loss issue in Vanguard. We have shared all these fixes in detail that you can check out below in this article.
How do I fix packet loss on Call of Duty?
To fix packet loss on Call of Duty, the first thing you should do is make sure the servers are not down. Besides that, turn off the On-demand Texture Streaming feature, perform a power cycle on your router, or switch to a different DNS server. You can try the solutions we have mentioned in this post to get rid of the issue.
Fix Packet burst error in Vanguard Call of Duty
Here are the methods that you can try to fix the Packet burst error in Call of Duty Vanguard:
- Make sure the server is not down.
- Disable On-Demand Texture Streaming.
- Perform a power cycle on your router.
- Use Google DNS Server.
Let us discuss the above fixes in detail now!
1] Make sure the server is not down
This error might be a result of server issues from the Call of Duty Vanguard’s side. In case there is a server outage or the server is under maintenance. So, make sure there is no server problem. If there is some ongoing server issue, you will have to wait until the problem is resolved from the server-side.
To check the server status of Call of Duty Vanguard, you can use a free server status checker tool. Other than that, you can also check the official accounts of COD Vanguard on social networking websites to get notified regarding its server status. You can also directly contact the official support team of Call of Duty Vanguard on their website to query them regarding the same. If you find out that the server is down, wait for some time and try again. Most server issues are resolved within some time.
However, if you are sure it is not a server issue, move on to the next potential fix to resolve the error.
2] Disable On-Demand Texture Streaming
This error can also be triggered if you are using the Texture Streaming feature. The new on-demand texture streaming feature is useful in improving texture and color palettes by streaming data from the web. However, it can also cause the error in hand and cause gameplay lagging. This scenario is especially applicable to gamers having limited internet connections.
Hence, if you are using this new setting in COD Vanguard, it is recommended to disable the On-demand Texture Streaming feature and then check if the error is fixed or not. Here are the steps to turn off this feature:
- Firstly, launch the Call of Duty Vanguard via the game launcher or directly via standalone executable.
- Now, go to the main Settings menu of the game.
- Next, inside the Settings section, go to the Graphics tab and locate the On-Demand Texture Streaming option.
- After that, turn off the toggle associated with the On-Demand Texture Streaming function.
- When done, save changes and relaunch the game. See if you are able to play the game without the Packet Burst error.
Hopefully, this will fix the error for you. In case you still get the same error, go ahead and try the next potential solution to resolve the error.
3] Perform a power cycle on your router
This error can also be facilitated due to the corrupted or bad router cache. So, you can try restarting your router and reconnecting to your internet to see if the error is fixed or not. If a simple restart doesn’t work, consider performing a power cycle on your router to fix the error. Here is how to do that:
- Firstly, press and hold the On / Off button present on your router until the device is switched off.
- Now, plug off the device from the main switch and wait for at least 30 seconds to let it completely turn off.
- After that, plug in the router and then restart your router.
- Next, reconnect your PC to the internet and then relaunch the COD Vanguard game. Check whether the error is now gone or not.
If the error still persists, we have one more fix for you that you can try to get rid of the error. So, move on to the next potential solution.
4] Use Google DNS Server
Inconsistencies with your DNS server can be another cause of this error. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, you can try switching to a more reliable DNS server to fix the error. A lot of users have reported that using the Google DNS server helped them to get rid of the error. So, you can also try doing the same and see if it helps you fix the error.
Here are the steps to use Google DNS Server:
- Firstly, evoke the Run dialog box by pressing the Win+R hotkey and then enter ncpa.cpl in it to launch the Network Connections window.
- Now, press the right-click on your active internet connection and then click on the Properties option.
- Next, in the Properties window, tap on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option and then press on the Properties button.
- Then, choose the Use the following DNS server addresses option and then use the below addresses:
Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52 Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Now, go back to previous settings, select the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPV6) option, and select the Properties button.
- After that, choose the Use the following DNS server addresses option and enter the following addresses:
Preferred DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8888 Alternate DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8844
- Lastly, click the Apply > OK button to apply changes.
If you want to change DNS Server to Google on Xbox One and Xbox Series X, try the below steps:
- Firstly, on the main dashboard menu on your Xbox console, and then press the Xbox button to bring up the guide menu.
- Now, click on the All Settings option, go to the Network tab, and click on the Network Settings sub-menu.
- Next, choose the Advanced Settings option, select DNS settings, and tap on the Manual option.
- After that, enter the following default DNS values:
Primary DNS: 220.127.116.11 Secondary DNS: 18.104.22.168
Note: In the case of IPv6, enter the following values:
Primary DNS: 22.214.171.124 Secondary DNS: 126.96.36.199
- Then, save changes and then see if the error is fixed or not.
Hopefully, this method will resolve the error for you.