Are you encountering no sound issue on Twitch when streaming? Some Twitch users have reported that they can hear no sound on multiple streams. This issue could occur if there are audio issues on your PC in general. Or, the problem might also be caused due to issues with your web browser. Now, in any case, you can try the fixes mentioned in this post to resolve the problem.
Twitch audio not working when streaming
Why can’t I hear some streams on Twitch?
Here are the potential causes why you are unable to listen to streams on Twitch:
- If your PC is on mute, you will face this issue. So, before trying out advanced methods, make sure that the sound is not muted.
- This issue might occur if you have out-of-date audio drivers on your PC. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, you should update your audio driver to fix the problem.
- Some settings in your Internet Properties can also trigger the issue at hand. Hence, make sure the “Play sounds in webpages” setting is enabled on your system.
- If you are dealing with bad and corrupted cookies and cache in your web browser, you are likely to experience the problem at hand. So, try clearing your browser cache and cookies to fix the issue.
- In case you have enabled the audio enhancements for your speaker, you might face the issue at hand. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, disable audio enhancements to resolve the problem.
- The corrupted settings in your browser can be another reason for the same issue. So, try resetting your web browser and see if the issue is resolved.
You can try a suitable fix based on the scenario best suited to you.
Twitch No Sound when streaming
Here are the fixes you can try if Twitch audio is not working when streaming:
- Try some general troubleshooting tricks.
- Run the Playing Audio troubleshooter.
- Update your audio driver.
- Check your Internet Properties.
- Clear your browser cookies and cache.
- Use Twitch on some other web browser.
- Disable audio enhancements.
- Reset your web browser.
No audio on some Twitch streams
1] Try some general troubleshooting tricks
At first, you can try using some general tips and tricks to get rid of the issue. In most cases, there are some temporary glitches that cause the issue at hand. So, before using advanced troubleshooting methods, you can try the below methods to fix the problem:
- First of all, make sure your PC is not on mute and the sound is working fine on your computer. You can check that from the taskbar by clicking on the volume icon.
- Try restarting your web browser and see if the issue is fixed.
- You can even reboot your PC to clear any temporary system glitch that might be causing the issue at hand.
If these methods don’t work for you, move on to the next potential fix to resolve it.
TIP: Check out this post if Twitch is not working on Chrome.
2] Run the Playing Audio troubleshooter
You can also use Windows built-in Playing Audio troubleshooter to scan and fix audio issues on your system. Here is how you can run the Playing Audio troubleshooter on Windows 11:
- Firstly, press the Windows+I hotkey to open the Settings app.
- Now, navigate to the System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooter section.
- After that, select Playing Audio and click on the Run button associated with it.
- Once the troubleshooter is done identifying audio problems, it will recommend you some fixes. You can apply a suitable fix.
- Lastly, reboot your PC and check if the problem is fixed now.
In case the troubleshooter gives you no luck in fixing the problem, try the next potential solution.
3] Update your audio driver
In most cases, the audio-related issues are linked to outdated and corrupted audio drivers. Hence, make sure your audio drivers are updated to avoid such issues. There are multiple methods to update your audio driver on Windows 11. Here are the methods:
- Windows provides a dedicated feature in Settings to download and install driver updates. You can open the Settings app and then go to the Windows Update section. From here, click on the Optional Updates option and then install the available audio driver update.
- You can also download and install the latest version of your driver directly from the official website of the device manufacturer.
- The Device Manager app is another option to update our audio driver. Try the below steps:
- Hit Win+X and choose Device Manager.
- Locate the Sound category and expand the drop-down menu.
- Right-click on your audio device.
- Tao on the Update Driver option.
- Use free driver update software to automatically update your audio and other device drivers.
After updating your audio driver, reboot your PC and open Twitch in your web browser. See if updating your audio driver fixes the issue for you. In case you still get the same issue, move on to the next potential fix.
4] Check your Internet Properties
If the setting for sound on web pages in your Internet Properties is disabled due to some recent changes or unknown reasons, you will face this issue. So, make sure sound is not mute in web browsers. For that, you can check the settings in Internet Properties. Here is how to do that:
- Firstly, open the Internet Properties window by searching for the same in the taskbar search.
- Now, go to the Advanced tab and locate the Multimedia listings.
- Next, make sure the Play sounds in webpages checkbox is enabled. If not, enable it and press the Apply > OK button to save changes.
- Finally, go to Twitch in your web browser and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Does the problem still persist? No worries, try the next potential fix.
5] Clear your browser cookies and cache
The corrupted browser cookies and cache are known to cause issues in the browser. So, if the scenario is applicable, try deleting browser cookies and cache to fix the issue. If that doesn’t help, you can move on to the next potential fix to resolve the problem.
6] Use Twitch on some other web browser
You can try switching the web browser to use Twitch. For example, if you are using Google Chrome and getting the sound issue, try an alternate web browser like Mozilla Firefox. In case you are using Microsoft Edge, try Chrome or Firefox. This is a kind of workaround and might resolve the problem for you for the time being.
7] Disable audio enhancements
You can also try disabling audio enhancements on your PC and see if the problem is resolved. Audio enhancements can cause sound issues in your system at times. Hence, turning them off is a better idea.
Here is how you can disable audio enhancements:
- Firstly, press Win+I to open Settings and go to System > Sound.
- Now, click on the More sound settings option.
- Next, from the Playback tab, click on the output audio device you are using and press the Properties button.
- After that, in the Speaker Properties window, go to the Enhancements tab.
- Then, enable the Disable all enhancements checkbox and press the Apply > OK button.
Hopefully, the problem will be resolved now.
8] Reset your web browser
The last resort to fix the issue is to reset your web browser. There might be some stubborn corruption in your web browser that is causing the issue at hand. Hence, you can try resetting your browser to its default settings to fix the issue. But, do note that this will clear all your personal data and preferences. So, opt for this method only if you are sure of what you are doing.
To reset your Chrome browser, you can follow the below steps:
- Firstly, go to the three-dot menu option in Chrome and then select the Settings option.
- Now, locate the Advanced section and expand its menu.
- Next, click on the Reset and clean up option and then press the Restore settings to their original defaults option.
- After that, confirm the process, and once done, check if the problem is fixed.
Hopefully, this post helps you fix the no sound issue on Twitch streams.
How do I get the sound to work on my Twitch stream?
To get the sound to work on your Twitch stream, make sure that your system is not on mute. Other than that, you can try running the Playing Audio troubleshooter, updating your audio driver, clearing browser cookies and cache, using an alternate web browser, or disabling audio enhancements. If that doesn’t;t work, reset your web browser to its default settings to resolve the issue.
Why do some Twitch VODS have no sound?
If some Twitch VODs have no sound, it might be on mute. Twitch basically mutes the parts of portions of a VOD that contain copyrighted material like music, songs, etc.