You may be faced with the issue whereby the game Forspoken is not opening, or launching is stuck on the loading screen or keeps crashing on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 gaming rig. If so, then this post is intended to help you with solutions to resolve the issues.
Fix Forspoken not opening, launching, keeps crashing or stuck on the loading screen
Suppose on your Windows 11/10 gaming computer, the Forspoken game is not opening, or the launching is stuck on the loading screen or keeps crashing. In that case, the suggested fixes presented below in no particular order are tested and proven and guaranteed to help you resolve the issues on your system.
- Initial checklist
- Configure ‘best’ Settings for Forspoken game on PC
- Run both the client and game executable files with admin privilege
- Update graphics drivers
- End unnecessary background processes
- Disable Steam Overlay
- Disable Steam Input
- Run the game in Windowed Mode
- Temporarily disable DirectX 12
- Set the correct Rendering Device
- Disable multi-threaded rendering
- Temporarily turn off security software
- Repair Game Files
Now, let’s get to the detailed description of these mentioned fixes!
Read: Why are games crashing on my PC
1] Initial checklist
Make sure Windows is updated because sometimes new Windows updates (including the Optional Updates) fix software-related errors and that might be causing the Forspoken not to open, launch, keeps crashing, or stuck on the loading screen issue on your Windows 11/10 gaming PC. Similarly, you need to make sure that Forspoken is updated because an outdated game version can have bugs or stability issues. So, if you haven’t updated your game for a while or you are aware that a patch has recently been released by the game developers, then follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest update.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Click on Forspoken from the left pane.
- The game will now automatically search for the available update. If an update is available, click on Update to start the process.
- Wait some time to install the update.
- Once the update is completed, close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes and launch the game again.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon of Forspoken.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
In addition, and most importantly but often glossed over, you need to make sure your rig meets the minimum PC specs for the Forspoken game to have the best gaming experience on your system. The issue might be that your computer doesn’t have enough specs to run the game — so, below are the minimum requirements that you should take note of.
- OS: Windows 11 or Windows 10 64-bit
- AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.7GHz or better
- Intel® Core i7-3770 3.7GHz or better
- Memory: 16GB RAM Minimum
- AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB
- NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM
If your PC meets the minimum requirement and the Windows OS is up to date, but you’re still having issues with the game, then you can continue with the other suggestions in this post and see what works for you.
2] Configure ‘best’ Settings for Forspoken game on PC
Based on gamers’ experience, below are the ‘best’ settings/configurations for the Forspoken game on PC.
- Resolution: as per the native resolution of your display screen and preference.
- Maximum Frame Rate: depending on your display and preference.
- VSync: Off on a VRR/G-Sync supported display, On otherwise.
- Screen Mode: Fullscreen
- Variable Rate Shading: Off
- Dynamic Resolution: Off
- Model Memory: High (or lower if VRAM is below 12GB)
- Texture Memory: High (or lower if VRAM is below 12GB)
Read: How to increase dedicated Video RAM in Windows
- AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 2: Off on NVIDIA GPUs that support DLSS, On and set to Balanced otherwise.
- NVIDIA DLSS: set to Performance on NVIDIA GPUs that support DLSS, Off otherwise.
- Model Detail Level: High
- Texture Filtering: High
- Reflections: High
- Motion Blur: Off
- Depth of Field: On
- Fog Quality: Standard
- Cloud Quality: High
- Shadow Quality: Medium (or High if GPU headroom is available)
- Ray Traced Shadows: Off
- Ambient Occlusion (AO): High
- Ray Traced Ambient Occlusion: Off
- Anti-Aliasing: Temporal AA
So, before you continue with the rest of the solutions offered in this post, for the best gaming experience, make sure you tick all the boxes above.
Read: Configure COD WARZONE 2 for best Frame Rates or Visuals
3] Run both the client and executable game file with admin privilege
You may be unable to avoid game crashes or not launching issues that require UAC (User Account Control) access. So, we suggest you run both the client and the game executable file with admin privilege.
4] Update graphics drivers
More often than not, an outdated GPU driver may trigger multiple issues for and when gaming on your gaming rig. So, you should make sure to update your graphics driver on the PC. Depending on your PC, manufacturers have made available special driver download software for their brands that you can use to update drivers and firmware:
- Dell Update utility will help you download or update Dell Drivers
- Lenovo System Update helps you download Lenovo Drivers, Software, Firmware, and Update BIOS.
- AMD users may use AMD Driver Autodetect.
- Intel users may use Intel Driver & Support Assistant.
- HP users can use the bundled HP Support Assistant.
You can as well download the latest version of the driver from the graphics hardware manufacturer’s website.
Read: Prodeus not installing, launching, or opening on PC
5] End unnecessary background processes
Unnecessary background processes running on your system can cause games or resource-intensive apps to not run properly, hence giving rise to various issues including system lag or high system resource usage. So, you should use Task Manager to kill all unwanted processes.
6] Disable Steam Overlay
As reported by some affected PC gamers, if the Steam overlay runs in the background, it could lead to the issue you’re experiencing. This is because it’s known that In-Game overlay apps may consume higher system resources which can easily trigger issues with the game launching. So, to disable Steam Overlay, follow these steps:
- Open the Steam client.
- Go to Library.
- Now, right-click on Forspoken.
- Select Properties.
- Head over to the General section.
- Now, uncheck the Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game option.
- Go back to Library and launch Forspoken to check if the game is still not launching.
7] Disable Steam Input
Some affected PC gamers reported they were able to fix the game not launching or stuck at the loading screen issue by disabling the Steam Input option. To perform this task, follow these steps:
- Launch the Steam client.
- Go to Library.
- Right-click on Forspoken.
- Click on Controller.
- Now, set the OVERRIDE FOR Forspoken option to Disable Steam Input.
- Launch the game again.
Read: Ready or Not stuck on Black or Loading screen
8] Run the game in Windowed Mode
Setting the game Display Mode to Windowed from Full Screen could fix the game crashing issue. To perform this task, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog box, copy and paste or type the environment variable below and hit Enter.
- In the folder that opens, look for the Prospect folder and open it.
- In the folder, go to the Saved > Config > WindowsNoEditor directory.
- Under the WindowsNoEditor folder, find and open the GameUserSettings file using the text editor.
- Now, set FullscreenMode=1 to FullscreenMode=0.
- Save changes and exit.
- Finally, launch the game again.
9] Temporarily disable DirectX 12
If you use DirectX 12 on the PC, you can try turning it off. As the DirectX 12 version is the latest version available for the Windows 11/10 operating system. It may be possible that your PC configuration isn’t capable of running it. So, you can temporarily disable DirectX 12 by following these steps:
- Head over to the game Settings > Video.
- Now, set the Enable DX12 option to ‘Off’.
- Restart Forspoken game after applying changes.
10] Set the correct Rendering Device
For this fix, follow the steps below to make sure that the correct rendering device is selected from the game settings menu.
- Open the Steam client.
- Launch Forspoken game.
- Go to the Video Settings menu from the game.
- Go to Selected Rendering Device.
- Now, select your dedicated GPU to make sure the option is not set to Default.
- Once done, relaunch the game to save changes.
Read: Gas Station Simulator crashing, freezing, not loading on PC
11] Disable multi-threaded rendering
If the Forspoken in-game video settings have the multi-threaded rendering option enabled, then it could be the reason for the game crashing due to conflicts. In this case, to resolve the issue, make sure to disable the multi-threaded rendering option from the game menu. If you’re using an AMD processor, turn it off and reboot the game to apply changes.
12] Temporarily turn off security software
Depending on the security software in use on your Windows 11/10 gaming PC, you can temporarily disable the security software to ensure the game files are not being blocked from running correctly. If you prefer not to disable the antivirus software on your PC, then you can just add the game file, specifically the Prospect-Win64-Shipping file to the antivirus software exclusion/exception list. The file is located in the game installation folder, under the Prospect > Binaries > Win64 folders.
13] Repair Game Files
A corrupted or missing game file on the PC can eventually trigger multiple issues with the game crashing, launching, or performing. In this case, depending on the client, you can repair the Forspoken game files and see if that solves your problem.
I hope this post helps you!
Also read: MultiVersus not launching, opening, or stuck at the loading screen
Why does my PS4 keep getting stuck on the loading screen?
If you’re having this issue, make sure your game is up to date. To do this, go to the PlayStation home screen. Highlight the game you’re playing and press the Options button on your controller. Select Check For Update and install any updates that are available for the game on your console.
How do you fix a white screen when loading Elden Ring?
If a white blank screen appears when you try to load Elden Ring and the game crashes on your Windows 11/10 gaming PC, the following suggestions should help you resolve the issue:
- Reboot the game and PC
- Set power plan to High Performance for Elden Ring
- Update the graphics driver
- Close unnecessary tasks running in the background
- Verify the Integrity of Game Files
- Update the game
Read next: Fix the Black screen when playing games on Windows.