In this post, we will see what you can do if Gas Station Simulator is crashing, freezing, or not loading on your Windows 11/10 PC. As the name says, Gas Station Simulator is a simulator game about running a gas station in the middle of a desert. The game is completely new in the market; it still has grabbed everyone’s attention. However, like any other game, it isn’t free from issues. There are a lot of reports of users facing crashing, freezing and not loading issues with the game. Continue with the guide if you are struggling with the problem as well.
Gas Station Simulator crashing, freezing, not loading on PC
Here are some effective solutions to try to help you if Gas Station Simulator is crashing, freezing, or not loading on your Windows PC.
- Run with administrative privileges
- Close background running applications
- Update Graphics Driver
- Verify integrity of game files
- Turn off Game DVR
- Download the latest patch update
Now let’s check out all the solutions in detail.
1] Run with administrative privileges
You can first try to run the game with administrative privileges. As it turns out, games like Gas Station Simulator requires administrative rights to run without any issue. If this isn’t the case, you will always be surrounded by the crashing problem. Below are the steps you need to follow to run the game with admin rights.
- Right-click on the Gas Station Simulator, and choose the Properties option from the context menu.
- Switch to the Compatibility tab.
- Checkmark Run this program as an administrator option.
- Click on Apply > OK.
Now, launch the game and check if you are still facing the problem. If yes, try the next solution on the list.
2] Close background running applications
Different background running applications often consume the system resources and let the main application left with limited options. This can be the case with Gas Station Simulator as well. So, close all the unnecessary background applications to fix the issue. Here’s how.
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc shortcut key to open the Task Manager.
- Right-click on all the applications running in the background without any use, and choose End task from the context menu.
Launch the game again and check if the crashing problem is fixed.
3] Update Graphics Driver
Modern games, including Gas Station Simulator, requires you to have the latest graphics driver update to run without any problem. If this isn’t the case, it’s no surprise you are regularly facing crashing issues in the game. Below are the steps you need to follow to download the latest graphics driver update.
- Download the graphics driver update by visiting the manufacturer’s official website.
- You can check for available graphics driver updates via Windows Driver & Optional Update.
Once the update process is complete, restart your system. Launch the game and check if the problem continues. If yes, try the next solution on the list.
4] Verify integrity of game files
The problem in question can occur due to corrupted or missing game files. If this is the case, you will have to run Steam to verify the integrity of game files. Below are the steps on how to do it.
- To begin with, open Steam on your Windows PC.
- Click on the Library option present at the top of the window.
- From the list of all the installed games, right-click on Gas Station Simulator.
- Select Properties from the context menu.
- Switch to the Local Files tab.
- Select Verify integrity of game files.
Now, wait until the process is complete. Once done, restart Steam and launch the game. Check if the problem is fixed or not.
5] Turn off Game DVR
Game DVR is the Windows feature that helps record gameplays and upload them on different social media platforms like YouTube. But it can also be why you face the problem in question. You will have to disable this feature to fix the problem. Here’s how to do it.
- Open Settings by pressing the Windows + I shortcut key.
- Click on the Gaming tab present on the left panel of the screen.
- In this following window, choose Xbox Game Bar.
- Turn off the toggle present next to Open Xbox Game Bar using the button on a controller.
6] Download the latest patch update
If you are still facing the problem, the possibility is high that it is related to the game update. As it turns out, not having the latest game update can trigger different issues, including the crashing problem. So, download the latest game patch update to fix the issue.
How do you fix a Gas Station Simulator that is stuck on the loading screen?
If Gas Station Simulator is stuck on the loading screen, the possibility is high that you don’t have the latest graphics driver update on your system. Update the driver to fix the issue. Additionally, you can try downloading the latest game patch update if the problem continues.
How do I reduce game loading time?
A long loading time is mainly the result of a weak system. The best thing you can do in this situation is to upgrade your system. Download the latest driver updates, upgrade to SSD, increase the RAM, and remove all the unnecessary applications from the system.