Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Service has released a Fix It solution to automatically diagnose & fix performance and security issues that may reduce safety in Internet Explorer or cause Internet Explorer to respond slowly or crash.
Internet Explorer Troubleshooter Fix It
What it fixes:
- Defective Internet Explorer add-ons. Disables defective add-ons.
- Phishing filter is turned off. Turns the phishing filter on.
- Pop-up blocker is turned off. Turns the Pop-up blocker on to block pop-ups.
- Security settings are not set to recommended settings. Resets security to recommended settings.
- Internet Explore does not update cached pages or updates them inefficiently, causinglaunch to be slow. Resets the page sync policy to automatic.
- Cache size is too small or too big, causing slow performance. Resets the cache size to be within 50-250 MB of the default range.
- Concurrent server connections set too low or too high causing slow performance. Restore IE concurrent connection settings to defaults.
- Pop-up blocker is turned off allowing pop screens. Turns the Pop Up Blocker on.
- Resets Internet Explorer security settings to the default (recommended) levels.
- Enable the Phishing Filter.
- Enable Data Execution Prevention for Internet Explorer.
So if your Internet Explorer Freezes or Crashes frequently, simply click the Run Now button to launch the file and click the Continue / Allow button to let the troubleshooter fix the problem for you.
Details @ Microsoft.
If you feel the need to Repair Internet Explorer, or manually troubleshoot Internet Explorer freezing issues, or check out Microsoft’s Interactive SelfHelpPage for IE, go here.
Fix Freezes or Crashes with these resources from TheWindowsClub:
Windows 7 freezes | Windows Explorer crashes | Internet Explorer freezing| Google Chrome Browser crashes | Mozilla Firefox Browser freezing | Windows Media Playes freezes | Computer hardware freezes. Need more? Try FixWin, the Windows Doctor!