Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Service has released a Fix It solution to automatically diagnose & fix performance and security issues that may reduce safety in Internet Explorer or cause Internet Explorer to respond slowly or crash.
Internet Explorer Troubleshooter Fix It
What it fixes:
- Defective Internet Explorer add-ons. Disables defective add-ons.
- Phishing filter is turned off. Turns the phishing filter on.
- Pop-up blocker is turned off. Turns the Pop-up blocker on to block pop-ups.
- Security settings are not set to recommended settings. Resets security to recommended settings.
- Internet Explore does not update cached pages or updates them inefficiently, causing launch to be slow. Resets the page sync policy to automatic.
- Cache size is too small or too big, causing slow performance. Resets the cache size to be within 50-250 MB of the default range.
- Concurrent server connections set too low or too high causing slow performance. Restore IE concurrent connection settings to defaults.
- Pop-up blocker is turned off allowing pop screens. Turns the Pop Up Blocker on.
- Resets Internet Explorer security settings to the default (recommended) levels.
- Enable the Phishing Filter.
- Enable Data Execution Prevention for Internet Explorer.
So if your Internet Explorer Freezes or Crashes frequently, simply click the Run Now button to launch the file and click the Continue / Allow button to let the troubleshooter fix the problem for you.
Details @ Microsoft. Do check if it applies toy your version of IE and Windows.
Fix Freezes or Crashes with these resources from TheWindowsClub:
Windows freezes | Windows Explorer crashes | Internet Explorer freezing| Google Chrome Browser crashes | Mozilla Firefox Browser freezing | Windows Media Player freezes | Computer hardware freezes. Need more? Try FixWin, the Windows Doctor!