If when you try to connect your Bluetooth device to your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, you see an error message That didn’t work, Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, then try again, then this post offers suggestions to help you resolve the issue.
Make sure your Bluetooth device is still discoverable
When this occurs, the Bluetooth device may be paired but not connected. If Bluetooth is not working properly, then to resolve the issue, we suggest you carry out the following troubleshooting suggestions:
- Remove and reconnect Bluetooth device
- Turn Off and then On the Bluetooth switch
- Restart the Bluetooth Services
- Run Bluetooth Troubleshooter
- Update Bluetooth drivers.
1] Remove and reconnect Bluetooth device
Switch Off and then On again, the device. Remove the Bluetooth device and then try to connect it again and see if that works.
2] Turn Off and then On the Bluetooth switch
Open Windows Settings > Bluetooth and devices and here, turn Off the Bluetooth switch.
Wait for a few seconds and then turn On Bluetooth again.
3] Restart the Bluetooth Services
Open Service Manager and restart the Bluetooth-related Services and then try again and see. Righ-click on each and select Restart.
Specifically, these three services should have Startup type as Manual (Triggered) and they should be Running:
- Bluetooth Audio Gateway Service
- Bluetooth Support Service
- Bluetooth User Service.
4] Run Bluetooth Troubleshooter
From the Windows Settings page, open and run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter and see if that helps you.
5] Update Bluetooth drivers
You may need to update the following Bluetooth Drivers if, after expanding the lists, you see them. After updating, the names of the entries will change:
- From Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (Sink) To Microsoft Bluetooth A2dp Source
- From Audio/Video Remote Control To Microsoft Bluetooth Avrcp Transport Driver
- From Audio/Video Remote Control (Target) To Microsoft Bluetooth Avrcp Transport Driver
- From Hands-Free Profile To Microsoft Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile AudioGateway role
Alternatively again, you could go to the manufacturer’s website and download the drivers and then install them on your computer.
How do I make sure my Bluetooth device is still discoverable?
To ensure that your Bluetooth device is still discoverable, open the Bluetooth & devices Settings in Windows 11 or Windows 10 and ensure that the Bluetooth ‘Discoverable;’ switch is set to the On positions.
Why isn’t my Bluetooth device discoverable?
If your Bluetooth device isn’t discoverable then it could be because the devices are out of range, or aren’t in pairing mode. make your devices ‘Forget’ the connection and try to pair them again afresh.