If your Bluetooth devices do not work correctly on a computer that is running Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7, then you might want to update device drivers, check the status of the related two services and apply this hotfix from Microsoft and see if something helps you.
Bluetooth not working in Windows 10
1] Update your Bluetooth drivers. This, in most cases, helps resolve the issue.
2] For Bluetooth to work, the Bluetooth, Bluetooth Device Monitor, Bluetooth OBEX Service, and the Bluetooth Support Services have to be running properly, so check if they are started and running. To do so, Run services.msc. To open the Services Manager. Check if they are set to Automatic (delayed) and if the Service is started and running. If not click on the Start Service button to start the service. See if this helps.
3] See this post if your Bluetooth Mouse disconnects randomly.
4] This issue may also occur because of a problem in the PnPlayer. If you have a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 and after installing a Bluetooth adapter on the computer, you find that:
- The Bluetooth Support Service cannot start after you restart the computer. Additionally, Bluetooth devices do not work correctly.
- When you search for Bluetooth devices in Control Panel, the search operation may not finish. Additionally, you may notice that the progress bar seems never to finish and the pointer remains at an hourglass
Let us know if any of these tips helped you or if you have other suggestions to make.
Have a look at these posts too:
- Bluetooth devices not showing or connecting
- Bluetooth Mouse disconnects randomly in Windows.
- Bluetooth speaker paired, but no sound or music
- Cannot send or receive file via Bluetooth.