Are your encountering packet loss issue in Halo Infinite? Here is a full guide on how you can fix Halo Infinite packet loss issue. Halo Infinite is a popular first-person shooter game and is the sixth entry to the Halo series. Millions of gamers love to play this game. But, a lot of Halo Infinite users have complained about experiencing packet loss issues in the game. This issue makes it difficult for gamers to play their games smoothly as it keeps you disconnecting from the game servers randomly. Hence, it becomes crucial to get rid of this issue.
You might experience the packet loss issue in Halo Infinite because of several reasons. One of the primary causes is a bad or weak internet connection. If you are not connected to a stable or active internet connection, you are likely to experience the problem at hand. Inconsistent DNS cache or issues with your default DNS server can also cause the same problem. Other than that, outdated and faulty network drivers can also trigger the same problem.
Now, if you are one of the affected users, this post is curated for you. In this guide, we are going to show you multiple fixes to resolve the problem.
Halo Infinite Packet Loss Issue
Here are the methods you can try to fix the packet loss issue in Halo Infinite:
- Try some generic troubleshooting methods.
- Check your internet connection.
- Perform a power cycle on your router.
- Switch to a wired connection.
- Update your network driver.
- Flush DNS cache.
- Try using Google DNS
- Turn off/ on your VPN.
- Check the server status.
- Use port forwarding.
1] Try some generic troubleshooting methods
Before you get into some advanced fixes, we recommend you try some generic methods to fix the packet loss problem in Halo Infinite. In many cases, such issues are caused due to temporary glitches. Hence, you can try the below tips and tricks to get rid of the issue at hand:
- You can try restarting your device i.e. PC or console, and then check if the issue is resolved.
- Ensure that you have installed all the pending Windows updates.
- Make sure that the game is up-to-date as the problem might be caused because of using the outdated version of the game.
If the above methods didn’t help, you can try some other solutions from this guide to resolve the problem.
2] Check your internet connection
The pack loss issues are caused due to connection problems. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, you need to make sure that you are connected to a stable internet connection without any network issues.
You can try testing the speed of your internet connection and ensure that it is fast for smooth online gaming. There are a lot of online network speed testing tools that you can use for that. Also, some internet speed test apps for Windows can also be used for the same. If your internet speed is not good enough, you might need to upgrade your internet plan to play the game without pack loss issues. You can even try checking for internet and network problems on your PC and try fixing all WiFi issues on your computer.
If this scenario doesn’t apply to you, move on to the next potential fix to get rid of the problem at hand.
3] Perform a power cycle on your router
The next thing you can do to fix the problem at hand is to perform a power cycle on your networking device i.e., router/ modem. There might be some connection problems because of your router or a bad router cache. So, if the scenario is applicable, you can try clearing the router cache for power cycling your device. You can follow the below steps to perform a power cycle on your router/ modem:
- Firstly, tap on the power button present on your router until its turns off.
- Now, remove the power cord of your router from the switchboard and then wait for about 30 seconds at least.
- Next, connect the power cord of your router to the main switch and switch on the device.
- Once the router is turned on, connect to the internet and launch Halo Infinite to check if the problem is resolved or not.
If the problem is still the same, you can try using the next potential fix to resolve it.
4] Switch to a wired connection
Gamers usually prefer using a wired connection than a wirlesss connection for online gaming. This is because a wired connection is more reliable and stable, and it ensures a better gaming performance. Hence, you can try switching to a wired connection and then see if the problem is resolved or not. However, if you still want to use a wireless internet connection, mo] ve on to the next potential fix.
5] Update your network driver
This problem might be caused due to a network issue facilitated by an outdated or faulty network driver. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, you can fix the issue by updating your network driver. You can update network drivers using the below methods:
- You can use a manual method to update your network drivers using the Settings app. You can open your Settings app using Win+I and then go to Windows Update > Advanced options. Then, click on the Optional Update option and download and install pending driver updates to update your network and other device drivers.
- The Device Manager app is another popular method to update your network adapter drivers.
- You can also go to the official website of your device manufacturer and search and download network drivers.
- Another method is to automatically update your network and other device drivers using free third-party driver updater software.
Once you are done updating your network drivers, reboot your PC and launch Halo Infinite to check if the problem is resolved. If the issue is still not fixed, you can move on to the next potential fix to resolve it.
6] Flush DNS cache
The packet loss issue in Halo Infinite might be caused due to invalid or corrupted DNS cache. Hence, you can try flushing the DNS cache and then relaunch the game to check if the problem is fixed or not. You can follow the below steps to flush the DNS on Windows 11/10:
Firstly, launch the Command Prompt with administrator rights. Simply enter cmd in the taskbar search box, hover the mouse over the Command Prompt app, and then select the Run as administrator option.
Next, write the below command in your Command Prompt:
After that, tap on the Enter button to run the above command and wait for it to complete.
Once you get the “Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.” message in CMD, close the window and then open the game to check if the problem is gone or not. If not, try the next potential fix to resolve it.
7] Try using Google DNS
The issue might be caused due to a DNS inconsistency issue. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, you can try switching your default DNS server to the public Google DNS to resolve the problem. Here are the steps using which you can setup and use Google DNS on Windows 11/10:
- Firstly, hit the Win+R hoktey to open the Run dialog box, and then type & enter ncpa.cpl in it to launch the Network Connections window.
- In the newly opened window, press the right-click on your active network and choose the Properties option.
- Now, select the Internet Protocol (TCP / IP4) option and tap on the Properties button.
- After that, click on the Use the following DNS server address option and then type the below values in the respective fields and click on the OK button:
Preferred DNS server: 22.214.171.124
Alternate DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
- Next, move to the previous window and click on Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6), and then click on the Properties button.
- Then, enter the following values and press the OK button:
Preferred DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8888 Alternate DNS Server: 2001:4860:4860::8844
- Finally, restart your PC and check if the problem is resolved.
If you still encounter packet loss issues in Halo Infinite, you can try the next potential fix.
8] Turn off/on your VPN
If you are using a VPN service on your PC, you can try disabling it. Some VPN software might not work well and may cause instability issues with your connection. Hence, you can try disabling your VPN and then check if the problem is resolved or not. On the flip side, if you are currently not using a VPN, you can try VPN software and see if it helps you fix the problem at hand.
9] Check the server status
You can also check the server status of Halo Infinite and make sure the issue is not caused due to an ongoing server issue. To do that, try using a free server-status detector tool and check if the game servers are available at the moment. You can even go to its official social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, etc., and check if there are any server issues.
10] Use port forwarding
You can try forwarding the required ports to fix the problem at hand. If the ports required by the game are not opened, it might cause problems to establish a connection with the game server. So, port forwarding will resolve the issue.
The new routers support Universal Plug and Play (UPnP). So, it automatically handles the ports used by the game. But, the case is not the same with an older router that doesn’t support UPnP. Hence, you can forward the required ports manually to fix the issue. You can do that using the below steps:
Firstly, open your web browser and go to your router setting. For that, in the address bar, you can enter one of the below addresses:
After that, to access your router settings, you will be required to enter your login credentials. Now, on the settings page, move to the Advanced / Expert menu and search for the Port Forwarding / NAT Forwarding option.
Now, to manually forward the ports used by Battlefield 2042, enter the below ports depending on the platform your use:
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074-3075, 3544, 4500
Halo Infinite – Steam
- TCP: 3074, 27015, 27036
- UDP: 88, 500, 3074-3075, 3544, 4500, 27015, 27031-27036
Lastly, apply the new settings and reboot your router. Then, try connecting to the internet and playing Halo Infinite to check if the problem is fixed.
Why is Halo Infinite so laggy?
Halo Infinite lagging issues are usually caused due to different reasons. It can be caused because of internet connection issues and outdated graphics and network drivers. You might experience lagging issues due to too many background applications, corrupted game files, enabled in-game overlays, or your in-game graphics settings.
How do I fix packet loss?
To fix packet loss in games like Halo Infinite, check your internet connection and make sure that you are connected to an optimal and stable internet connection. Other than that, you can try updating your network drivers, flushing the DNS cache, using a wired connection, performing a power cycle on your router, or using Google DNS. If these methods don’t work, you can try using port forwarding. We have discussed these solutions in detail, so check them out above in this post.
Does Halo Infinite have lag issues?
You might face lag issues in Halo Infinite in the multiplayer game mode. The players keep experiencing desync problems in the game that prevent users to play the game smoothly. If you are facing the same issue, you can try the fixes we have mentioned in this guide to resolve the problem.