If COD Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer is not working on your Windows PC, this post will help you.
Why is my Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War multiplayer not working?
Multiplayer may not work in COD Black Ops Cold War due to server and internet connection issues. However, there are several potential reasons why this problem occurs. Some of them are:
- System incompatibility
- Outdated/corrupted graphics drivers
- Corrupted game files
- Lack of permissions
- Interruptions from security apps
Fix COD Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer not working
If COD Black Ops Cold War Multiplayer is not working on Windows 11/10, then restart the game and PC and update both to their latest version and then follow these suggestions:
- Check system compatibility
- Verify network connection
- Check servers of COD Black Ops
- Run the game as an admin
- Update graphics drivers
- Scan the game files
- Allow the game through Windows Defender Firewall
- Clear Battle.net’s cache data
- Run these network commands
- Reinstall the game
Let’s now see these in detail.
1] Check system compatibility
Before you start with different suggestions, check if your PC is compatible with running the game.
- OS: Windows® 11/10 64-bit (latest update)
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K or AMD Ryzen™ R5 1600X Processor
- Memory: 12 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 970 / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660 Super or AMD Radeon™ R9 390 / AMD Radeon™ RX 580
- DirectX: Version 12
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 175 GB available space
2] Verify network connection
COD Black Ops Cold War multiplayer may not work if the internet connection is slow or unstable.
Verify your internet connection by running a internet speed test. However, if the speed comes less than the plan you’ve opted for, consider restarting the router/modem or contacting your service provider.
3] Check servers of COD Black Ops
The COD Black Ops Cold War servers can sometimes face downtime or are under maintenance. If that’s the case, you can do nothing but wait. Follow @Treyarch on Twitter to stay updated on scheduled downtimes and maintenance.
4] Run the game as an admin
Running the game as an administrator will make sure the game doesn’t crash due to a lack of permissions.
To do so, right-click on the COD Black Ops Cold War.exe file and select Run as Administrator.
5] Update graphics drivers
Next, check if the graphics drivers installed on your PC are updated to the latest version. These can get outdated or corrupted, which could be why multiplayer is not working in COD Black Ops Cold War. Update the graphics drivers and see if the error’s fixed.
6] Scan the game files
Game file corruption can cause this issue. To fix this, Verify the game files of game files on Steam and scan the game files on the Battle.net client.
- Open Steam and click on Library.
- Right-click on Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War from the list.
- Select Properties > Local Files
- Then click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Launch the Battle.net client and click on Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War.
- Click on the Gear icon and select Scan and Repair.
- Now click on Begin Scan and wait for the process to complete.
- Close the Battle.net launcher, and restart your PC once done.
7] Allow the game through Windows Defender Firewall
Windows Firewall can interfere with the games and their processes and cause COD Black Ops Cold War multiplayer to not work. Allowing a program in Windows Firewall can help fix this error on the game.
You may also add its executable process to your antivirus Exclusions and see if that works.
8] Clear Battle.net’s cache data
The COD Black Ops Cold War multiplayer not working can occur if the Battle.net client’s cache data gets corrupted. Clear it and see if the error’s fixed. Here’s how:
- Close the Battle.net client.
- Press Windows + R to open Run.
- Type %ProgramData% and hit Enter.
- Here, right-click on the Battle.net folder and delete it.
- Restart your device and relaunch Battle.net, COD Black Ops and see if the error’s fixed.
Read: Free multiplayer games for Windows PC to play with friends from home
9] Run these network commands
Our portable freeware FixWin lets you reset this and most other Windows settings or functions with a single click.
10] Reinstall the game
If none of these suggestions helped you consider reinstalling COD Black Ops Cold War. The error sometimes lies within the game’s core files and cannot be fixed manually. Reinstall the game and see if multiplayer starts working.
We hope these suggestions help you.
Why can’t I connect to Call of Duty servers?
If you have trouble connecting to the Call of Duty servers, check your internet connection and verify if the server is under maintenance or facing downtime. If that’s the case, you can do nothing but wait.
Why is my Cod multiplayer not working?
COD multiplayer may not work due to an unstable internet connection or if the game files are outdated or corrupted. However, if that doesn’t help, allow the game through Windows Defender Firewall and update it to the latest version available.