Here is a full guide on how you can fix FPS drops and stuttering issues with the GTFO game on Windows 11/10 PC. GTFO is a survival horror first-person shooter game developed by 10 Chambers for Microsoft Windows. It is loved by millions of gaming enthusiasts. But, it is not uncommon to face issues with the game on your PC. Many users have complained of experiencing FPS drops and stuttering issues with the GTFO game on your Windows PC. If you are one of those who keep facing the same problem with GTFO, this guide will help you get rid of the issue. Simply follow the fixes we have mentioned and you should be able to get rid of FPS drops or stuttering issues in GTFO.
What can cause FPS drops and stuttering in GTFO?
There can be different reasons due to which you might experience FPS drops and stuttering issues in a game like GTFO. Here are the possible causes:
- The problem might be caused if you haven’t installed the latest game patches for the GTFO game. If the scenario is applicable, install the latest game patches to fix the problem.
- It can also be caused due to outdated or faulty graphics drivers. So, try updating your graphics drivers and see if it improves the performance of the game.
- If you have chosen balanced power mode on your PC, you might experience performance issues with your game. In that case, you can try changing your PC’s power mode to Best performance.
- Some incorrect graphics settings can also cause the issue at hand. Hence, try changing the graphics settings and see it resolves the issue.
- In-game overlays can also cause FPS drops, stutters, and other performance issues with your game. If the scenario is applicable, disable overlays to fix the problem.
- If you have enabled the game recording feature, it might slow down the game and cause FPS drops or stutters. So, turn off the game recording and Xbox Game Bar features on your PC.
TIP: Red Eclipse is a free First Person Shooter Game you may want to check out.
How do you fix GTFO Stutters and FPS drops?
To fix stutters and FPS drops during gaming on Windows PC, change your graphics card settings, update your graphics drivers, set power mode to Best performance, or use GPU instead of CPU. Apart from that, try disabling the background application, turning off background recording, disabling antivirus during gaming, running SFC scan to deal with system file corruption, etc.
Fix GTFO FPS drops, lag and stuttering issues on Windows PC
Here are the methods that you can try to fix FPS drops, alg and stuttering issues with GTFO on Windows PC:
- Install the latest game patch.
- Make sure you have an up-to-date graphics driver.
- Change your PC’s Power Plan to Best performance.
- Change graphics card settings.
- Disable overlays.
- Turn off background recording and Xbox Game Bar.
1] Install the latest game patch
The developers of GTFO i.e., 10 Chambers keep releasing new updates with bug fixes and performance improvement. Hence, it is always recommended to install the latest game patches for GTFO to avoid any performance issues including FPS drops and stuttering issues.
Steam automatically detects and installs the latest game patches. However, make sure the corresponding option is enabled in Steam settings. You can try relaunching the game after the game patch is installed and see if the problem s gone now. In case this doesn’t work for you, go ahead and try the next potential fix to resolve the issues.
2] Make sure you have an up-to-date graphics driver
One of the common reasons that cause FPS drops or stuttering issues with heavy-duty games like GTFO is corrupted or outdated graphics drivers. Hence, you should always keep your graphics driver updated to get the best performance from your games.
To update graphics drivers on Windows, you can use the following methods:
- You can easily update graphics drivers by using the Optional Updates features present under the Settings > Windows Update section.
- The official website of the device manufacturer provides you with the latest drivers. You can download the latest graphics drivers from there.
- You can use Device Manager using the below steps:
- Press Win+X and select Device Manager.
- Click on Display adapters to expand the menu.
- Choose your graphics and then right-click on them.
- Tap on the Update Driver option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
After updating your graphics driver using one of the above methods, restart your PC and then launch the GTFO game. Hopefully, the FPS drops and stuttering issues will be resolved now. However, if the problem still persists, you can move down to the next potential solution to resolve the issue.
3] Change your PC’s Power Plan to Best performance
There are several power plans provided in Windows that allow you to choose how your PC will consume power. In case you have set your PC’s power plan to Balanced or Battery Saver, you are likely to encounter FPS drops or stutters with games like GTFO. Hence, if the scenario applies, you can try changing the power plan to Best performance and then see if the problem is gone or not.
Here are the steps to change the power plan of your PC:
- First of all, press Windows+I hotkey to open up the Settings app.
- Then, in the System tab, tap on the Power & battery option from the right-hand side panel.
- Now, look for the Power mode option and then press the drop-down menu button present beside it.
- After that, choose Best performance as the Power mode.
- Finally, relaunch the GTFO game and check whether you still face FPS drops or stuttering issues with it.
If you don’t find any luck with this fix, we got some more solutions to resolve the problem. So, move on to the next method.
4] Change graphics card settings
If you haven’t set correct graphics card settings, it is likely to cause FPS drops, stutters, or some other performance issues with your games. In that case, you can try changing or adjusting graphics card settings and see if it helps you resolve the problem.
NVIDIA users can follow the below steps:
- Firstly, right-click on your desktop, and from the context menu, choose NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Now, tap on Click Manage 3D Settings from the left pane and go to the Program Settings tab.
- Next, from the Select a program to customize section, simply add the GTFO game to the program list.
- Under the Specify the settings for this program section, change the below settings accordingly:
–Max Frame Rate: Choose a frame rate less than your monitor’s current refresh rate
–Preferred Refresh Rate: set to “Highest available”
–OpenGL rendering GPU: Set it to your Nvidia GPU
–Maximum pre-rendered frames: select 1
–Power Management: “Prefer Maximum Performance”
–Low Latency Mode: “Ultra”
–Vertical sync: “Fast”
–Texture filtering – Quality: “Performance”
- When done customizing the above graphics settings, select Apply to save the changes.
The AMD users can try the below steps to change graphics settings:
- Firstly, launch the AMD Radeon Settings window.
- Now, navigate to Gaming > Global Settings.
- Next, change the graphics settings as below:
–Anti-aliasing Mode: Use application settings
–Anti-aliasing method: Multisampling
–Surface Format Optimization: On
–Tessellation Mode: AMD optimized
–Shader Cache: AMD optimized
–Texture Filtering Quality: Performance
–Frame Rate Target Control: 150 FPS
After changing graphics settings, try relaunching the game and see if the issue is fixed.
5] Disable overlays
Overlays are useful, but they can cause performance issues with your game. Hence, you can try disabling overlays and see if the problem is fixed. Here are the steps to disable overlays using the below steps:
- Firstly, start the Steam client and click LIBRARY.
- Now, right-click on the GTFO game title and then select the Properties option.
- Next, from the GENERAL section, uncheck the Enable Steam Overlay while in-game option
See if this fixes the issue for you. If not, we have one more solution that you can try to resolve the issue.
6] Turn off background recording and Xbox Game Bar
If you have enabled background recording to record gameplay, it might cause performance issues with your game. So, to resolve the problem, try disabling background recording and Xbox Game Bar. Here are the steps to do that:
- Firstly, press Win+I hotkey to launch the Settings app.
- Now, go to the Gaming section and click on the Xbox Game Bar option.
- Next, turn off the toggle associated with the Open Xbox Game Bar using this button on a controller option.
- After that, go back and click on the Captures option.
- Then, disable the Record what happened toggle.
- Finally, relaunch the GTFO game and see if the FPS drops or stuttering issue is fixed.