Here is a complete guide on how to get rid of GTA V Error Code 134. GTA V or Grand Theft Auto V is an action-adventure game by Rockstar Games which is popular amongst millions of gamers. It is a great game, but it is not devoid of errors just like any other game. The error code 134 is one among several errors that are experienced by users of GTA V. When triggered, you will see the following error message along with error code 134:
The Rockstar Games Services are unavailable and offline play could not be verified (code 134). Please check your connection and try again later. If you continue to have problems playing the game, please contact Rockstar Games Customer Service at https://support.rockstargames.com.
If you are one of the affected users getting the same error, this guide will help you out. here, we are going to mention different fixes that should help you get rid of the error at hand.
Fix Error Code 134 in GTA V on Windows PC
Here are the fixes that you can try to resolve the error code 134 on GTA V on your Windows 11/10 gaming rig:
- Reboot your PC.
- Make sure it is not a server error.
- Check your internet connection.
- Update your network and graphics drivers.
- Verify the integrity of game files.
- Update Rockstar Games Launcher.
- Reinstall GTA V.
Let us discuss the above solutions in detail now!
1] Reboot your PC
As it turns out that the error might be facilitated due to some temporary glitch on your PC. Hence, before trying some advanced fixes, it is recommended to simply restart your PC and then launch the game again. If there was some temporary issue causing the error at hand, this method should fix it. However, if the error still persists even after restarting the system, there might be some other reason causing the error. So, try the next potential fix to resolve the error.
2] Make sure it is not a server error
As the error message suggests, this error can be caused due to an ongoing server issue. Hence, it is recommended to check the current server status of Rockstar Games Services. If their server is facing an outage issue or if the servers are down for maintenance, you will have to wait for some time for the error to be fixed.
You can check the server status of Rockstar Games Services using one of these multiple free server-status detector tools that show if the servers are down or not. Or, you can check the posts by the official team on social networks to learn about the current server status.
In case there is no server issue, you can move on to the next potential fix to resolve the error.
3] Check your internet connection
This error can also be a result of your weak and unstable internet connection. If the scenario is applicable, make sure you are connected to a strong internet connection that is stable. You can optimize your internet connection using the following tricks:
- You can use a wired connection instead of a wireless one.
- Try disconnecting all other devices that are connected to the same network.
- Troubleshoot WiFi issues if there are any.
4] Update your network and graphics drivers
Having outdated and corrupted network or graphics drivers can cause a lot of problems and errors with your games. Hence, it is very important to keep your graphics, network, and other drivers up-to-date to enjoy a hassle-free gaming experience. The error code 134 on GTA V could be very well facilitated due to out-of-date or faulty GPU drivers. So, if the scenario is applicable, update your graphics and network drivers and then see if the error is fixed or not.
Here are the different methods to update graphics drivers and network drivers on Windows 11/10:
- You can update network or graphics drivers through the Settings app. Just open the Settings app by pressing the Win+I hotkey and go to the Windows Update tab. After that, tap on the Optional Updates option and install the latest updates for your graphics and network driver.
- Try updating your network and graphics drivers conventionally. Simply visit the official website of the device manufacturer and then get the latest version of your network and graphics driver from there. You can run the driver installer and follow the prompted instructions to install the latest network and graphics drivers on your system.
- The Device Manager app can also be used to do the same using the below steps:
- Press the Win+X hotkey and from the appeared shortcut menu, choose Device Manager.
- Move to the Display adapters category and expand the respective menu.
- Press the right-click on your graphics card.
- Select the Update Driver option.
- Finish the update process using the prompted guide.
- There are multiple free driver update software using which you can automatically update your graphics, network, and other system drivers. Try software like WinZip Driver Updater, Intel Driver Update Utility, or IObit Driver Booster Free to update your network and graphics drivers.
After updating your drivers, restart your PC and then launch the game. See if the error is now fixed or not. If the error still persists, you can try the next potential fix to resolve the error.
RELATED: Fix GTA V Error Code 1000.50 on Steam.
5] Verify the integrity of game files
The error might be triggered if you are dealing with corrupted, broken, or missing game files of GTA V. In that case, you can fix the error by verifying and preparing the integrity of the game files. You can verify the game files with the help of a dedicated function available in Rockstar Games Launcher. Here are the steps to do that:
- Firstly, start Rockstar Games Launcher and from its home screen, tap on the Settings option.
- Now, go to the My installed games section present on the left-hand side pane and select the GTA V game to verify its game files.
- Next, press the Verify Integrity button that you can find under the Verify game file integrity option.
- After that, let the launcher verify and repair your game files.
- When the verification process is done, a message will pop up. You can now try relaunching the GTA V game and see if the error is now fixed or not.
If you are using Steam as the game launcher to play GTA V, you can try verifying the integrity of the game files using the below steps:
- Firstly, start the Steam client and navigate to LIBRARY.
- Next, locate the GTA V game and right-click on its game title.
- After that, from the appeared context menu, click on the Properties option.
- Now, move to the Local Files tab and press the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
- When the process is complete, try relaunching the GTA V game and see if the error code 134 is resolved or not.
In case you still get the same error, no worries. We got a few more fixes for you. So, move down to the next potential fix to get rid of the error.
6] Update Rockstar Games Launcher
The error might also be caused due to an unknown issue with the game launcher i.e., Rockstar Games Launcher. It might be the case that you haven’t updated the game launcher to its latest version. Hence, it is recommended to update your Rockstar Games Launcher and then see if the problem is fixed.
You can try getting the latest version of Rockstar Games Launcher from its official website. And then, run the installer to install the most recent version of Rockstar Games Launcher on your system. After that, restart your PC and try launching GTA V to check whether or not the error is resolved.
7] Reinstall GTA V
If none of the above solutions worked for you, the last resort is to reinstall the GTA V game. There are chances that there might be some corruption in the installation files of the game. Hence, to eliminate the corrupted installation files, you will have to start with a fresh installation of the game. So, first, uninstall the game from your game launcher. After that, install the game again from the online library or store. Hopefully, reinstalling the game will help you fix the error.
Read: Fix Grand Theft Auto V Launcher has stopped working.
How do I fix the GTA 5 launcher error?
To fix the GTA 5 launch error, you can try running the game as an administrator or updating the graphics drivers. If that doesn’t work, other fixes you can try include verifying the integrity of the game files, reinstalling Visual C++, deleting the cache files, or disabling your antivirus suite. In case nothing works, you can try reinstalling the Rockstar Games Launcher and Social Club applications.
How do I fix my GTA V verification?
To fix the GTA V verification error, you can verify the game files on Rockstar Games Launcher. On the launcher interface, access Settings, and select the GTA V game under My installed games. Click on the VERIFY INTEGRITY button to verify and repair game files. You should also update the graphics drivers on your PC. If the issue is still not resolved, close the background apps, and delete the Rockstar Games folder. You should first back up that folder before deleting it.