Are you facing a high ping issue in FIFA 22 on your Windows PC? Here is a complete guide to help you fix the high ping issue in FIFA 22. FIFA 22 is one of the most popular and loved football simulation video games by Electronic Arts. However, while playing the game, a lot of gamers reported experiencing a high ping issue due to which they were unable to play the game smoothly. Now, if you are one of the affected users facing the same problem, you can find the fixes in this post.
Why am I experiencing High Ping in FIFA 22?
Here are the potential causes of high ping in FIFA 22:
- The issue could be triggered because of overheating or overloading of your router and modem. If the scenario is applicable, perform a power cycle on your router and modem to get rid of the problem.
- Another reason for the same issue could be an unstable or weak internet connection. So, you can try optimizing your internet connection to fix the problem.
- Inconsistency with your DNS server can also be one of the reasons you are facing high ping in FIFA 22. In that case, you can try switching to a more reliable DNS server e.g., Google DNS to resolve the problem.
- It could also be caused due to your outdated network drivers. Hence, try updating your network driver to fix the problem.
- If you have too many bandwidth-hungry programs running in the background, you are likely to face the issue at hand. So, close the unnecessary background programs to avoid the lag issue.
- The corrupted DNS cache and other network settings can also cause the problem. So, flush the DNS cache to fix the issue.
Now that you know the scenarios that might trigger the problem try the below-mentioned fixes to eliminate the issue.
Fix FIFA 22 High Ping issue on PC
Here are the solutions you can try to fix the high ping issue in FIFA 22 on Windows 11/10 PC:
- Restart your system and game.
- Check your internet connection.
- Update your network driver.
- Change Power Management settings for your network.
- Perform a power cycle on your networking device.
- Flush DNS cache.
- Set up Google DNS.
- Close background apps.
1] Restart your system and game
Before trying any advanced fix, make sure you restart your system and the FIFA 22 game. This could be some temporary issue and thus, restarting might help you fix it. So, restart your PC and then launch the game to check if the high ping issue is resolved or not. If not, there are many fixes you can try to resolve the issue.
2] Check your internet connection
It could be your internet connection which might be the main culprit that you are facing a high ping issue in FIFA 22. Hence, test your internet connection and make sure that you are connected to a stable and high-speed (good for gaming) internet connection. We recommend you use a wired connection as gamers prefer it over a wireless connection for better gaming performance. You can set up ethernet and see if the problem is resolved or not.
But, if you want to use a wireless connection, you can optimize your internet connection using the below tips:
- Try detecting and fixing WiFi issues on your Windows PC.
- You can also disconnect all other devices connected on the same networks to avoid bandwidth throttling.
- You can check your internet speed and see if it is good enough for online gaming.
If your internet connection is not at fault, try the next potential fix.
3] Update your network driver
The issue could also be triggered because of your outdated network adapter drivers. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, go ahead and update your network driver to fix the issue.
There are several methods using which you can easily update network drivers on Windows 11/10 PC. You can manually update network drivers by going to your Settings app. Then, move to the Windows Update > Advanced options option and click on the Optional Update option. From here, you can download and install pending driver updates including network driver updates.
You can also use the Device Manager app to keep your network adapter drivers. Apart from that, the official website of your device manufacturer can also be used to download and install the latest version of your network drivers. If you want to automatically update your network drivers, try free third-party driver updater software.
Once your network driver is updated, restart your PC and then launch FIFA 22 to see if the problem is resolved.
4] Change Power Management settings for your network
If the above solutions didn’t work, try changing power management settings for your network and see if it works for you. Here’s how to do that:
- Firstly, press Win+X and select Device Manager from the shortcut menu.
- Now, locate your network adapter in the list and right-click on it.
- Next, from the appeared context menu, select the Properties option.
- After that, in the Properties window, go to the Power Management tab.
- Then, make sure the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option is unchecked.
See if this helps you fix the problem.
See: Fix Warzone High Ping or Lag Spike on PC.
5] Perform a power cycle on your networking device
The next thing you can do to get rid of the high ping issue in FIFA 22 is to power cycle your router/ modem. If there is a network issue due to a bad router cache, this should fix the issue for you. Here’s how to perform a power cycle on your router:
- Firstly, turn off your router and then remove its power cords from the main switch.
- Now, wait about a minute or so, and then connect the power cord back to the switch.
- Next, turn on your router and then reconnect your PC to the internet connection.
- Finally, launch FIFA 22 and check if the problem is gone or not.
If the problem is still not resolved, check out the next potential fix to resolve the problem.
6] Flush DNS cache
The issue at hand could be a result of the bulked-up DNS cache. Hence, you can try fixing the problem by flushing the DNS cache and resetting network settings. Here’s how to flush the DNS on Windows 11/10:
Firstly, launch the Command Prompt with administrator rights.
Now, enter the below commands in CMD one by one:
ipconfig /release ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew netsh int ip reset netsh winsock
Once all the above commands are executed successfully, close CMD and see if the problem is resolved or not. If the issue still persists, you can try the next potential solution to resolve the problem.
Read: League of Legends ping spikes on Windows PC.
7] Set up Google DNS
You may also consider setting up a more reliable DNS server on your PC to fix the issue. The problem might be caused due to DNS inconsistency. Hence, this method would fix the problem for you. You can try changing to the Google DNS server:
- Firstly, tap on the Windows + R hotkey to evoke the Run dialog box and enter ncpa.cpl in it to bring up the Network Connections window.
- Now, right-click on your active internet connection and choose the Properties option from the context menu.
- In the opened Properties dialog window, click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option and hit the Properties button.
- Next, select the Use the following DNS server addresses button and enter the below addresses in the respective fields:
Preferred DNS server: 188.8.131.52 Alternate DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Then, go back to the previous screen, choose the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPV6) option, and click on the Properties button.
- After that, select the Use the following DNS server addresses option and write the following addresses in their respective fields:
Preferred DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8888 Alternate DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8844
- Once done, press the Apply > OK button to apply changes.
- Finally, try relaunching the FIFA 22 game and see if the problem is resolved or not.
8] Close background apps
It could also be caused due too many bandwidth-hungry applications running in the background. So, close such apps and then see if the problem is resolved or not. Simply open Task Manager using Ctrl + Shift + Esc hotkey and click on a bandwidth-hogging program. After that, click on the End Task button to close it.
Now read: There is a problem with your game’s setup in FIFA 22 or FIFA 21.
Why is FIFA 22 so laggy?
FIFA 22 might lag on your PC if your system doesn’t meet the minimum requirements to play the game. Apart from that, outdated graphics drivers, a VSync error, and an incorrect DirectX version can be other reasons for FIFA 22 being so laggy.
How do I fix high ping on FIFA 22?
To fix the high ping issue in FIFA 22, you can try optimizing your internet connection, power cycling your router, or updating your network adapter driver. Besides that, you can also try closing bandwidth-hogging programs, flushing the DNS cache, or setting up a Google DNS server. We have discussed these fixes in detail below, so check out.