Crowned as the best Windows junk and temporary file cleaning and optimizing tool, CCleaner, has received an update from its developers. CCleaner 5 is now available for download. Besides improved performance, better cleaning speeds and a changed UI, it offers better compatibility for Windows 10/8/7 systems.
While the built-in Disk Cleanup utility does a good job, this utility cleans more and is safe to use! It removes unused files from your system and frees up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally, it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it’s fast!
The Junk File Cleaner Tool lets you clean out Windows junk as well as junk files generated by installed software.
It cleans the following:
- Windows: Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files, and Log files, etc.
- Internet Explorer: Temporary files, history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat, etc.
- Firefox: Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history, etc.
- Google Chrome: Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history, etc.
- Opera: Temporary files, history, cookies, etc.
- Safari: Temporary files, history, cookies, form history, etc.
- Third-party applications: Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more.
- Registry Cleaner: CCleaner also includes a free registry cleaner. Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more. It also comes with a comprehensive registry backup feature.
The Registry Cleaning Tool is quite a safe tool to use. It also allows you to back up the registry before deleting entries.
Features in a nutshell
- Improved internal architecture for better performance
- New, improved GUI
- Improved internal architecture for better performance
- Google Chrome plugin management
- Improved Google Chrome Startup item detection
- Improved system restore detection routine
- Updated exception handling and reporting architecture
- Optimized 64-bit builds on Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Duplicate File Finder
- Many performance improvements and bug fixes
- New, improved graphics and icon.
- Optimized and improved Registry Cleaning.
- Improved Drive Wiper performance.
- Optimized Startup item detection algorithm. Helps you disable startup programs.
In the Tools section, you will see sections that will let you Uninstall programs, Update installed programs, Find Duplicate files, Securely wipe the Disk, Manage Startups of Windows, Browser plugins, Context Menu, System Restore Points as well as Scheduled Tasks.
The modules are:
- Software Updater
- Browser Plugins
- Disk Analyzer
- Duplicate Finder
- System Restore
- Drive Wiper.
Quite useful is the Context Menu management tool which allows you to manage third-party context menu items in the program interface. Here you see a list of third-party Windows Explorer context menu items that you can Disable or Delete. Disabling basically just deactivate and hides the item from the menu list, it will be helpful in cases where you are uncertain about the future requirement of that particular item. Deleting will permanently remove the item from the Context Menu list and can never bring back to use.
CCleaner also includes a Disk Analyzer Tool that lets you see the files which are occupying your disk-space.
The Options section lets you change the program settings, manage Cookies and its exceptions, and more. You can also enable or disable Easy Clean.
CCleaner Custom Clean or Easy Clean home screen options
CCleaner offers the Easy Clean home screen which you can toggle on or off via its Settings. It provides a simpler, more intuitive interface and uses everyday language to explain the types of files that can be cleaned. Files are now categorized as either ‘Trackers or Junk,’ and when a user wishes to customize their clean, the purposes of each file type is explained.
CCleaner free download
CCleaner is one of the best free registry cleaning software for Windows. It is one of the most preferred junk temporary files cleaner and free registry cleaning software for clearing disk space and removing invalid registry entries from your Windows PC.
The basic version of CCleaner is available for free to download and use and is more than enough for a computer which is being used as a personal machine. To download CCleaner Free, visit its official product website. Apart from the regular Installer version, it also offers a Portable version.
Apart from the free version, CCleaner also offers three paid options:
- CCleaner Professional version offers more cleaning options, real-time junk monitoring, automatic history cleaning, and automatic updating options. It costs $24.95.
- CCleaner Professional Plus version offers all these and even Defragmentation, File Recovery & Hardware Analysis functions. Also included in this 4-in-1 cleaning and recovery toolkit are Recuva, Defraggler, and Speccy. It costs just $39.95.
- CCleaner Business Edition is designed for any size business that wants an on-premise version of our award-winning product installed on multiple end points.It costs $29.44.
You might want to also check out CCEnhancer. It is an add-on that lets you add some 1000+ programs to CCleaner.
Any CCleaner users here? Do let us have your feedback and observations about this freeware for Windows.
Now read about CCleaner Cloud.