Windows 7 Service Pack 1 is now available for the general public at the Microsoft Download Center. You should soon be able to see it being offered in your Windows Update too.
If you do not see Windows 7 SP1 being offered in your Windows Update, the following could be the reasons:
- Windows 7 SP1 may not be yet available for you in your market. Run Windows Update and see if it appears. Be patient. it will appear in a day or two.
- Either Windows SP1 is already installed or a pre-release version of Windows 7 SP1 has not yet been uninstalled.
- Another update, eg Windows Update KB2454826, has to be installed before Windows 7 SP1 will be available.
- A program on your computer, eg SafeCentral, is preventing Windows 7 SP1 from being installed. If you have used vLite to customize your Windows 7 installation, you could face a problem too. Certain Intel drivers are also know to create problems. You can see more on this here.
- System files that are required to install Windows 7 SP1 are missing from your computer or damaged. Run system file checker and see if it helps.
In case installing SP1 from Windows Updates does not work for you or if you still don’t see it in your Windows Updates, try downloading it directly from Microsoft and then installing it.