If you find that you are facing any issues in running Windows Updates, including Service Pack, due to any reasons, you might want to check out this Automated Fix It Solution, Windows Update Troubleshooter from Microsoft.
Windows Update Troubleshooter
Open the Windows Update Troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
The troubleshooter will run and attempt to identify if any problems exist which prevent your computer from downloading and installing Windows Updates.
It will clear the Windows Update related temporary files, clear the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder, check the status of Windows Update-related Services, repair and reset Windows Update components, check for pending updates and more.
You can let it fix it for you automatically or you can choose to see the fixes and decide to apply them.
If your computer is having problems finding and installing operating system updates, try using this Windows Update troubleshooter to fix the problem.
Windows 10: Open Settings > Updates and security > Troubleshoot tab and run it. Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 has this tool built-in.
- Windows 7/8 users may download it here from Microsoft.
- Windows 10 users may download it here from Microsoft.
You may also use Microsoft’s online troubleshooter to Fix Windows Update Errors.
These links may also interest you:
- Troubleshoot problems with installing Windows Updates in Windows – FAQ
- Potential Windows Update Database error detected
- Complete Master List of Windows Update Error Codes
- Manually reset each Windows Update component
- Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt Windows Update Error
- There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later
- Service Registration is Missing or Corrupt
- We couldn’t connect to the update service
- How to delete Downloaded, Failed & Pending Windows Updates
- There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later.