If you are stuck while downloading Windows 11 2022 version 22H2 Feature Update, and the Update does not install, then this post will help resolve the issue. It’s not uncommon to see no change in the progress bar while downloading or installing a feature update in Windows. You could be stuck at 40%, 70%, or even 99% in the worst case. While this can be annoying, you can fix the issue using some troubleshooting tips described in this post.
There could be several factors responsible for Windows 11 Feature Update being stuck at 0 or 100 % downloading. You may be having a slow internet that’s delaying the download, or you may run out of space while in the middle of downloading the update, or maybe some firewall software is blocking the feature update. Whatsoever the reason, you can use the fixes suggested in this post to resolve the issue.
Windows 11 2022 version 22H2 Feature Update Stuck at 0 or 100 % downloading
Connect to a different network, free up disc space, temporarily disable the firewall and see if it helps. If these quick fixes won’t work, the following suggestions help you if Windows 11 2022 version 22H2 Feature Update is stuck at 0 or 100 % downloading:
- Run Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- Clear Windows Update Cache.
- Enable Windows Modules Installer.
- Download the update using Windows 11 Installation Assistant.
- Use Media Creation Tool to download its ISO.
Exit the installation, restart your computer and router, and then try the following suggestions.
1] Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows Update Troubleshooter is one of the Windows built-in troubleshooters that can help rectify errors while downloading or installing Windows Updates.
Go to Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Other Troubleshooters and click on the Run button next to the Windows Update option. Windows Update Troubleshooter will start diagnosing your operating system for update problems. In case it finds any issue, it will fix it automatically.
2] Clear Windows Update Cache
Clearing the Windows Update cache may help fix update errors in Windows 11/10, where Windows Update is stuck downloading updates.
To clear the Windows Update Cache, you need to stop the Windows Update service, clear the Software Distribution folder and then restart the Windows Update service.
- Press Win + R, type services.msc and press the Enter key.
- In the ‘Services’ window, right-click on Windows Update and click on Stop.
- Then open File Explorer, go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and press Ctrl + A to select all files and folders.
- Click on the Trash icon in the File Explorer toolbar to clear the components of the Software Distribution folder.
- Now again press Win + R, type services.msc and press the Enter key. In the ‘Services’ window, right-click on Windows Update and click on Start.
This action also tries fixing the corrupted files by installing fresh updates.
3] Enable Windows Modules Installer Services
Windows Modules Installer, also known as Windows Modules Installer Worker (WMIW), is a core Microsoft component that automatically checks for necessary updates and installs them on your Windows 11/10 PC. If Windows Modules Installer is disabled, you may face issues with installing updates on your PC.
- To see if the service is disabled, open Task Manager and switch to the Services tab.
- Right-click on Windows Modules Installer and select Open Services.
- In the ‘Services’ window, right-click on Windows Modules Installer and select Properties.
- See if the Startup type field is set to ‘Disabled’. If it is, then set it to Manual which is the Windows default setting and then retry click on the Start button to start the service.
- Now try downloading and installing the update.
4] Download the update using Windows 11 Installation Assistant
Windows 11 Installation Assistant is one of the many ways in which you can install a Windows feature update. If your system isn’t getting the update or is stuck at downloading the update through Windows Update, you may use the Installation Assistant to upgrade.
Download the Installation Assistant from Microsoft’s software download page. Double-click on the downloaded file to launch the program. Click on the Accept and Install button and allow the Installation Assistant to install the feature update on your Windows PC. Click on the Restart Now button to finish installing the update.
TIP: This post will help you if the Windows Feature Update is not INSTALLING.
5] Use Media Creation Tool to download its ISO
Use Media Creation Tool to download the ISO and create its Installation Media if the Windows Feature Update is stuck downloading on your system.
How do I fix Windows 11 download stuck at 100?
Downloading stuck at 100% is a common issue with Windows update when nothing happens even after hours of waiting. In most common scenarios, the reason could be an uninterrupted power supply or an unstable internet connection. Other reasons could be insufficient RAM, a corrupt downloaded file, or a firewall software that may be interrupting the installation of Windows update. If the feature update is stuck at 100 % downloading, you can use the fixes suggested in this post to resolve the problem.
Why is Windows update stuck on 100% downloading?
If you’re stuck at downloading Windows 11 feature update, try connecting to a different network or temporarily disabling your firewall software to see if it fixes the issue. If not, you may try other troubleshooting methods, such as running the Windows Update Troubleshooter, enabling Windows Modules Installer, and flushing the Software Distribution folder. You can also run the DISM tool to fix corrupted update system files.