Windows 11 Installation Assistant is one of the best ways to upgrade your computer to Windows 11. If you want to upgrade your PC from Windows 10 to Windows 11, this step-by-step guide could be handy for you. Here is how you can use Windows 11 Installation Assistant to install Windows 11.
Before going ahead with the steps, you must know a few things:
- Your PC must support Windows 11 in terms of hardware. Otherwise, you cannot use this method to install or upgrade to Windows 11.
- You must have an internet connection to download Windows 11 and complete the installation.
- It allows you to keep your Windows 10 settings, apps, and files intact. However, you can remove them if you wish.
- You must have a valid Windows 10 license.
- It is mandatory to have Windows 10 version 2004 or later. Otherwise, the Windows 11 Installation Assistant won’t work.
- You must have the PC Health Check app on your PC.
If your hardware meets these requirements, please proceed.
Use Windows 11 Installation Assistant to install Windows 11
To use Windows 11 Installation Assistant to install Windows 11, follow these steps:
- Visit the official Microsoft website to download the Installation Assistant.
- Double-click on the setup file.
- Click on the Refresh button if you haven’t downloaded the PC Health Check app earlier.
- Click the Accept and Install
- Let it download and verify everything from the official resource.
- Click the Restart now
- Continue with the installation.
Let’s delve into these steps in detail.
To get started, visit the official Microsoft website at microsoft.com to download the Windows 11 Installation Assistant on your computer. Then, double-click on the setup file.
If you already have the PC Health Check app on your computer, you can click the Accept and Install button.
However, if your PC doesn’t have the PC Health Check app, you need to download it, verify if your computer meets t the Windows 11 hardware requirements, and click the Refresh button.
Once done, the Windows 11 Installation Assistant will start downloading and verifying the update.
After that, it will start installing Windows 11 automatically. Meanwhile, you need to save your ongoing work since your PC will restart automatically after a specific time once it reaches 100%.
If you do not want to wait and restart immediately, click the Restart now button.
Following that, it will continue with the installation. Do not turn off your computer in the meantime.
Once done, you can find the lock screen of your computer. You need to enter your passcode/PIN to log in to your user account.
How do I install Windows 11 officially?
There are three ways to install Windows 11 officially on supported hardware. You can use the Windows 11 Installation Assistant to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Other than that, you can create a bootable Windows 11 USB flash drive using Media Creation Tool or download Windows 11 ISO from the official website and create a bootable installation media using Rufus.
Can you download Windows 11 now?
Yes, you can download Windows 11 now from the official website. Whether you want to download the stable or Insider Preview build, both are possible at this moment. To download the stable version of Windows 11, you can visit the official download page.
Can my device run Windows 11?
To check if your device or PC can run Windows 11 or not, you need to use the PC Health Check app. It tells you whether your hardware is fully compatible with Windows 11 or not. For your information, you can install Windows 11 on unsupported hardware at your own risk.
Hope this guide helped.