For some PC users, you may notice that the On-Screen keyboard appears on login or startup on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC. In this post, we will show you how to Turn On or Off the Show Voice Typing Mic Button on Touch Keyboard on Windows 11.
Just like the Voice Dictation Tool in Windows 10, PC users can also use the Voice Typing Tool in Windows 11- and central to both these tools is the microphone. If the internal Microphone is missing on your Windows 11/10 device, you’ll have issues using either of the aforementioned tools.
Show or Hide Voice Typing Mic Button on Touch Keyboard
PC users can turn on or off the Show the voice typing mic button key on the Touch Keyboard in Windows 11 in either of two ways. We will discuss this topic under the following subheadings in this section as follows:
Turn On or Off Show Voice Typing Mic Button on Touch Keyboard via Settings app
To Turn On or Off Show Voice Typing Mic Button on Touch Keyboard via Settings app on Windows 11, do the following:
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings app.
- Click/tap on Time & language on the left side.
- Click/tap on Typing on the right side.
- Click/tap on Touch keyboard.
- Check (on – default) or uncheck (off) Show the voice typing mic button option per your requirement.
- Exit Settings app when done.
Turn On or Off Show Voice Typing Mic Button on Touch Keyboard via Registry Editor
To Turn On or Off Show Voice Typing Mic Button on Touch Keyboard via Registry Editor on Windows 11, do the following:
- Press Windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog box, type regedit and hit Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Navigate or jump to the registry key path below:
- At the location, on the right pane, double-click the IsVoiceTypingKeyEnabled entry to edit its properties.
If the key is not present, right-click on the blank space on the right pane and then select New > DWORD 932-bit) Value to create the registry key and then rename the key as IsVoiceTypingKeyEnabled and hit Enter.
- Double-click on the new entry to edit its properties.
- Input 1 (for On) or 0 (for Off) in the Value data field, per your requirement.
- Click OK or hit Enter to save the change.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart PC.
That’s it on how to Turn On or Off Show Voice Typing Mic Button on Touch Keyboard in Windows 11!
Related post: How to turn On/Off Speech Recognition in Windows 11/10
Where is the microphone button on the Touch Keyboard?
To use dictation with the touch keyboard in Windows 10, click on the microphone button in the top left corner of the Touch Keyboard. Alternatively, you can press Win + H shortcut keys. This hotkey works in any app. You can also use a number of voice commands to edit your input or to insert punctuation.
How do I enable Voice Typing on my computer?
To enable Voice Typing on your computer or use speech-to-text on Windows, do the following:
- Open the app or window you want to dictate into.
- Press Win + H. This keyboard shortcut opens the speech recognition control at the top of the screen.
- Now just start speaking normally, and you should see text appear.
How do I switch between touchscreen and keyboard?
To switch between touchscreen and keyboard or to view your Touch Keyboard on Windows, do the following:
- Click the Start button.
- Click the Settings (gear icon) button.
- Click Devices.
- Click Typing.
- Toggle the switch below Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there’s no keyboard attached so that it turns on.
How do I make my Touch Keyboard stay on?
To make the Touch Keyboard stay on, do the following:
- Open the Start menu.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Ease of Access under Windows Settings.
- Select Keyboard under the heading Interaction.
- Click X to close the Keyboard dialogue box. The on-screen keyboard will remain in place.