Here is a full guide on how to fix the issue of Roblox crashing on Windows 11/10 PC. Roblox is a great gaming platform to play a variety of games. However, a lot of users have complained that Roblox keeps crashing in the middle of the game or on startup on their PC. This problem can be caused due to different factors like faulty graphics drivers, higher graphics settings on low-powered PC, background programs, etc. Now, if you are facing the same issue where Roblox keeps on crashing preventing you from playing games, this post is for you. In this article, we are going to list down several fixes that will help you to resolve the problem.
Roblox Crash – An unexpected error and Roblox needs to quit. We’re sorry!
Why does the Roblox keep crashing?
There can be different reasons for Roblox crashes. Some of the possible causes are:
- In most cases, outdated and faulty graphics drivers generally cause games to crash including Roblox. You can try updating all your graphics drivers to fix the issue.
- If there are unnecessary background applications running on your PC that are consuming too much memory and resources, it might cause Roblox to crash.
- Another reason for the same might be the fact that your over-protective antivirus is blocking Roblox and causing it to crash. You can try disabling antivirus to fix the issue.
- In case you have set high graphics quality on Roblox on a low-powered PC, Roblox will most probably crash. If the scenario is applicable, you should try adjusting graphics quality accordingly to resolve the issue.
- Roblox crashing issues can also be caused due to corrupted installation of the application. In this case, you can reinstall Roblox to resolve the problem.
Based on the scenario that applies to you, you can try the below fixes to resolve the problem.
Fix Roblox keeps crashing on Windows PC
Here are the fixes that you can try to resolve the issue of Roblox crashing or getting disconnected on your Windows 11/10 PC:
- Run Roblox as an administrator.
- Update Graphics Drivers.
- Update Windows.
- Close unnecessary background applications.
- Disable your antivirus/ firewall.
- Disable Proxy Setting.
- Change Roblox Graphics Quality.
- Reinstall Roblox.
1] Run Roblox as an administrator
Sometimes, all you need to do is run a program as an administrator to fix the issue. Roblox might be crashing if you are running it without due administrator privileges. So, make sure to launch Roblox as an administrator and then see if the issue is fixed.
To run Roblox as admin, right-click on the Roblox program icon and then select the Run as an administrator option from the context menu. Also, to ensure that you always run Roblox with admin privilege, you can try these steps:
- Firstly, right-click on Roblox executable file, and from the context menu, click on the Properties option.
- Now, in the Properties window, go to the Compatibility tab.
- Next, you will see a Run this program as an administrator option here; simply enable this option.
- After that, click Apply > OK button to save changes.
- Try launching Roblox now and see if it has stopped crashing.
2] Update Graphics Drivers
Graphics drivers are prominent for playing games on PC. If you are using outdated or faulty graphics drivers, it is most likely to cause your game to crash including Roblox. So, consider updating your graphics drivers to the latest version and hopefully, it will fix the problem for you.
You can update your graphics drivers manually by using the Settings > Windows Updates > Optional Updates option. Besides that, you can get the latest versions of your graphics drivers from the manufacturer’s official website to update drivers.
If your graphics drivers are up-to-date and you are still facing Roblox crashes, there must be some other reason for the problem. So, you can move on to the next potential fix.
3] Update Windows
For gamers, it is recommended to keep their system up-to-date to minimize system glitches, compatibility issues, as well as crashes. If you have some pending Windows updates, download and install them. To do that, open the Settings app and then go to the Windows Update tab. Here, check for updates and install them on your PC. After that, restart your PC, let the updates finish, and then launch Roblox to check if the problem is resolved now.
4] Close unnecessary background applications
The reason behind Roblox crashing or not working as intended might be the fact that there are too many programs running in the background. If you have multiple unnecessary background applications running on your PC, they must be consuming a lot of memory and other resources. Games usually require significant memory and resources and that might be a cause of Roblox crashing. So, if the scenario applies, shut down all the unnecessary background programs and see if the issue is fixed.
Firstly, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc hotkey to open the Task Manager and then select the extensive programs and close them using the End Task button. Now, relaunch Roblxo and hopefully, it won’t crash anymore.
5] Disable your antivirus/ firewall
Roblox might be crashing if you are using an overprotective third-party antivirus that is mistakenly blocking Roblox. If the scenario is applicable, you should disable your antivirus to enjoy gaming on Roblox without crashes.
However, disabling your antivirus can put your PC to threats and risks. So, you have an option to add Roblox to the exception list of your antivirus so that it doesn’t detect Roblox as a threat. The exception or exclusion settings vary a bit for different antivirus. For example, you can navigate to Home > Settings > General > Exclusions in Avast antivirus and browse and select Roblox to add to the exclusion list. If you use AVG antivirus, go to Home > Settings > Components > Web Shield > Exceptions and add the Roblox application to the list. Similarly, you can whitelist Roblox to other antiviruses.
In a similar manner, you can disable your firewall. Alternately, you can allow Roblox through Windows Firewall and see if that fixes the issue for you.
6] Disable Proxy Setting
You can also try disabling proxy settings to fix the issue. Some users have reportedly fixed the problem using this method and it might just work for you as well. Here are the steps to disable proxy settings on Windows PC:
- Firstly, open the Run dialog box by using Win+R hotkey and then enter inetcpl.cpl in it. It will open up the Internet Properties window.
- Now, go to the Connections tab and click on the LAN settings button.
- In the next dialog window, uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN option under the Proxy server section.
- Next, press the Apply > OK button to save changes.
- Finally, relaunch the Roblox app and see if the problem is fixed now.
7] Change Roblox Graphics Quality
If you have set high graphics quality on a low-powered computer, Roblox might crash. So, in this case, you can adjust the graphics settings in Roblox accordingly. Here are the steps to change Roblox graphics quality:
- Firstly, open the Roblox app and once you get inside it, click on the three-bar menu icon present at the upper-left corner.
- Now, go to the Settings tab and then choose Graphics Mode to Manual.
- Next, drag the Graphics Quality slider towards the left to lower the graphics quality.
- After that, restart Roblox and check whether the problem is now fixed.
8] Reinstall Roblox
If nothing works, you should consider reinstalling Roblox. The crashes might be caused due to corrupted installation of the Roblox app or corrupted installation files. If this is what causing the problem, you should be able to fix it up with the fresh installation of Roblox.
So, first, uninstall Roblox completely from your PC; it is recommended to use a third-party uninstaller that removes leftover and residual files as well. After that, restart your PC and then open the Roblox page on Microsoft Store and install it from here. Now, see if the issue is fixed.
Related: How to fix Roblox error codes 106, 110, 116 on Xbox One.
How do you clear your Roblox cache?
To clear your Roblox cache, you can follow the below steps:
- First, press Windows + R to evoke the Run dialog box.
- Now, type %Temp%\Roblox and press the Enter button.
- Next, select all the files using Ctrl + A hotkey.
- After that, use the Delete button or option to clear all the files.
This will clear your Roblox cache, and if there is some problem caused due to corrupted cache, it will be resolved.
What is Roblox error code 277?
The error code 277 on Roblox is triggered when you are disconnected from the Roblox server. It can be caused if the server is down, due to internet problems, damaged system files, etc.