Roblox is an online game platform and game creation system that allows users to design their own games and play a wide variety of different games created by other users. In today’s post, we will identify some potential known causes that can trigger the online gaming platform Roblox error codes 106, 116, 110 on Xbox One or Windows 10, as well as provide the possible solutions you can try to help remediate the issue as it relates to the three aforementioned error codes.
To successfully resolve any of the Roblox error codes 106, 116, 110, you can follow the instructions outlined below associated with each error.
Roblox error code 106
The Roblox error code 106 is triggered due to a change the developer made on the Xbox One application. As of now, you will no longer be able to join a friend’s game unless your friend is featured in your Roblox Friend list and your Xbox One list.
If you’re faced with the Roblox error code 106, the fix is as simple as logging into Roblox’s website via console browser, laptop, PC or mobile device and adding your friend to the built-in friend list. Then, get your friend to do the same thing and accept your friend request.
Once this is done, make sure that you have your friend added to your Xbox One friend list. Upon restarting the game, you should be able to join the game session without the error.
Do the following:
- Visit the Roblox website from laptop/Desktop PC/mobile device and log-in with your user account.
- Once you are logged in to your Roblox account, use the Search bar at the top to search for your friend’s account name.
- You’ll be presented with a list, click on Search “friend account name” in Players option.
- Next, click the Add Friend icon associated with your Friend’s account.
- Once you add your friend, ask him to log in on Roblox.com with his user credentials and click on the Notification icon and accept your friend request.
- Once you and your friend have each other in your friend lists, you can safely exit the Roblox website.
- Return to your Xbox One console, and make sure your friend is added to your Friends list. Otherwise, press the Xbox button and select Find someone from the Friends & clubs list.
- Next, search for his gamer tag and click on Add friend.
- Open Roblox again and try to join your friend’s session. You should be able to do so without issues.
Roblox error code 116
Users reported they encountered the error message below when they try to play Featured, Popular, or any type of user-generated content via the Roblox Xbox One app.
Unable to Join
Your Xbox account settings prevent you from playing user generated content. You can change this in your Xbox Settings or on Xbox.com Error Code: 116
This error is reported to occur on Xbox One, Xbox One S and Xbox One X. Before the actual error code described above is encountered, users get the following brief message;
You are unable to see content other people make because of how your account is set up.
This Roblox error code 116 occurs because most Roblox games require access to both online multiplayer games and user-created content. The error code is typically encountered with child account that is part of a Family account – these accounts have limited permissions, you will be required to make a series of adjustments in order to ensure that access to the Roblox app is properly configured.
Do the following:
- Tap the Xbox home button to bring up the side menu.
- Use your controller to navigate down to select the Settings icon (gears icon) and press the A button to open it.
- Next, select All settings and press the A button again.
- Now, use your left thumbstick to select Account from the left-hand side menu.
- Then, use the same left thumbstick to navigate to Privacy & online safety and press the A button again.
- Select Xbox Live Privacy, then scroll down to View details & customize and press the A button again.
- In the next screen, scroll down and access the Game content menu.
- Next, use the left thumbstick to select You can see and share content. Now, change the menu from Block to Everybody.
- Force-close and re-open the Roblox application. You should be able to play any game without issues.
Roblox error code 110
This Roblox error code 110 is mostly seen on Xbox One and Windows and it indicates an issue with the Roblox servers. This particular error might also highlights an issue with your internet connection and it can also be triggered if there are certain privacy restrictions on your computer.
On investigation, it was discovered that the main causes for this error, but not limited to, are as follows:
- Content Restriction: The Xbox console you are using might be preventing you from being able to receive and share content. This is done to protect the users’ privacy and to safeguard them from third party frauds. However, it can sometimes prevent the user from being able to join a game mode that hasn’t been developed by the official developers. These settings can be changed in the console settings but it might open you up to certain risks to be cautious.
- Roblox Servers: If the server is under maintenance, it will be down temporarily. It is also possible that the servers might be blocking your connection based on a ban or restriction in your area.
- Internet Connection: If you’re experiencing frequent connection/disconnection issues, this can prevent the game from being able to establish a stable connection with the servers and hinder the ability of the console to play the game.
If you’re faced with the Roblox error code 110, you can try either of our two recommended solutions below in no particular order and see if that helps to resolve the issue.
- Check Roblox server status
- Disable content restriction
Let’s take a look at the description of the process involved in relation to each of the listed solutions.
1] Check Roblox server status
This solution requires you to check whether the issue is on your side or on the developers’ side. You can do this by checking if the Roblox servers are functioning properly and aren’t under maintenance.
Do the following:
On a computer, launch any browser of your choice and navigate to this address and check if the servers are down or not.
The site will state No Problems with Roblox under its name if it is fully functional.
If the servers are down, there’s nothing much you can do but to wait it out. But if the servers are functional and you are still receiving the error code 110, you can proceed with the next solution.
2] Disable content restriction
This solution requires you to disable content restriction if you have restricted content access on your Xbox One because this Roblox error code 110 might be triggered because it blocks you from joining certain games.
Caution: Disabling content restriction, may put you at risk.
Do the following:
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the settings panel.
- Navigate down and highlight the Gear icon.
- Press A to select the option and in the next screen, highlight the All Settings option.
- Press A again to select this and in the next screen, press Right from your Joystick on the Account tab.
- In the right pane, select the Privacy and Online Safety by highlighting it and selecting A.
- Highlight the Xbox Live Privacy option and press A to select.
- In the next screen, select the View Details and Customize option.
- Scroll down further and select the Game Content option.
- Move to the right using your Joystick and highlight the You Can See and Share Content option.
- Press A to open the menu and select Everybody from the list.
- Now press the Xbox button to navigate back to the home screen and launch the game.
Check to see if the issue persists.
If none of the troubleshooting steps outlined in this post for Roblox error codes 106, 116, 110 doesn’t help you, you may need to contact Roblox customer support for assistance.
Let’s know in the comments section below if you tried other solutions not listed in this post that fixed the Roblox error codes 106, 116, 110 for you!
Related post: How to fix Roblox error codes 279, 6, 610.
- Tags: XBox