In this article, we are going to discuss possible solutions to fix Roblox error code 103 and initialization error 4 on Xbox One or Windows PC. Roblox is an online gaming platform that enables gaming enthusiasts to play a variety of games. But, it has its shares of errors that users encounter. Earlier, we discussed the Roblox errors 279, 529, 106, 116, 110, 279, 6, 610, and some others. Now let us see how to fix Roblox Error Code 103 and Initialization Error 4.
Roblox Error Code 103: Age Restriction Error
The Roblox error code 103 is an age restriction error. It basically shows the following error message:
Unable to Join
The Roblox game you are trying to join is currently not available
Error Code: 103
Now, why does this error code 103 occur on Roblox? Let us find out!
What causes error 103 on Roblox?
Here are the main reasons due to which users face error 103 on Roblox:
- Xbox One uses additional security for child accounts. If you are logged in with an account created on a PC with a Date of Birth (DOB) of under 13 years old, you are likely to receive this error and you won’t be able to join user-created worlds unless you set up privacy options.
- In case the content from other people is disabled for the child account (if you are using one), you will get this error.
- This error may also arise if there is some NAT issue and ports used by Roblox are forwarded incorrectly.
- Other reasons for Roblox error 103 may include a firmware glitch or bad game installation.
What does Roblox Error 103 mean?
We have already explained earlier in this guide that Roblox error 103 basically mean that you are unable to join a game. It is an age restriction error that occurs due to reasons like below 13 years DOB, blocked content from other users, etc.
Now, if you receive error 103 on Roblox, you don’t need to panic. Here, we will be discussing possible methods to fix Roblox error 103. Let’s get straight to the solutions.
How to fix Roblox Error Code 103 – Age Restriction
Here are the possible fixes for error 103 on Roblox:
- Make a new ROBLOX Account without Age Restriction.
- Allow Content from other people.
- Forward the Ports used by Roblox.
- Perform a Power Cycling Procedure.
- Uninstall, then Reinstall Roblox.
Let us discuss these methods in detail now!
1] Make a new Roblox Account without Age Restriction
The first thing you can try to resolve this error is to create a new Roblox account without age restriction. As we earlier mentioned that one of the reasons triggering this error is the fact that you might be using a child account that is made on PC with a DOB under 13 years. So, you can try making a new Roblox account without a DOB restriction. And then, use this new account to sign in to your Xbox One Console.
Here are the steps to create a new Roblox account with a DIB over 18 years of age:
- Open the account creation web page of Roblox on your Windows PC or a mobile phone.
- On the sign-up page, enter your details including your Date of Birth. Ensure that whatever DOB you enter makes you above 18 years old.
- Enter other details including username, password, and gender.
- Click on the Sign Up button to finish up creating a new Roblox account with over 18 years of DOB.
- Now, go back to your Xbox One Console and tap on the Sign in as your Roblox account.
- Once signed in with a new account, see if the error 103 is gone.
If this method doesn’t fix the error for you, try any other method from this list.
2] Allow Content from other people
If you are on a child account and are encountering error 103, there is a high chance that you are seeing the error because of a privacy setting on the parent account that has blocked content from other people. It is an important settings option when trying to join user-created worlds. In case this scenario fits you, you can try to tweak a privacy setting and enable content from other users.
Here are the steps to allow content from other people on Child’s account on Roblox:
- Log in to your Parent account on the Xbox One console
- From the main dashboard menu, click on the My apps & games option.
- Go to the Settings options from the My Apps and Games menu.
- Now, in the Settings menu, navigate to the Family tab.
- Next, choose the Child account on which you are facing error 103.
- After that, click on the Custom template (under Privacy) in the Settings menu of the Child account.
- Go to the option called See content other people make on the Customize privacy & online safety page.
- Set the status of See content other people make to Allow and then save the changes to privacy settings.
- Restart Xbox One Console and log in to the child’s account on which you faced error 103. See if the issue is fixed now.
3] Forward the Ports used by Roblox
If none of the above solutions work, you might be dealing with a NAT issue. So, in that case, forward the ports used by Roblox. You can use two methods to do so which are:
- Enable Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) in your Router Settings
- Manually forward the ports used by Roblox
1] Enable Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) in your Router Settings
Follow the below steps for enabling Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) in your router settings:
- Open a web browser on your PC and open your router login page.
- Now, enter the login credentials to go to the router’s settings page.
- Next, navigate the Advanced menu and then NAT Forwarding.
- Locate the UPnP option and enable this option.
- Save the changes to settings tweak.
- Restart your router and Xbox One Console and check if the error is gone or not.
2] Manually forward the ports used by Roblox
In case you are using an older router, you can use the below steps to manually forward the ports used by Roblox:
Follow steps (1), (2), and (3) discussed in the above method to open up the Router Settings page.
In the Port Forwarding menu, look for the menu allowing you to manually forward the ports and enter the following numbers in the boxes:
TCP: 3074 UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500
Save changes, reboot your router and Xbox One Console, and hopefully the issue will be gone.
4] Perform a Power Cycling Procedure
This error might also be caused due to file corruption in the Temp folder. In that case, you might be able to fix error 103 by executing a power cycling procedure. Use the below instructions for that:
- Ensure that your Xbox One COnsole is fully booted.
- Tap and hold on to the Xbox button on your console for a few seconds until the front LED turns off.
- Now, wait for at least a minute after your Xbox console is switched off.
- Disconnect the cable from the console and switch on the console conventionally.
- Turn on the console by pressing and holding the power button.
- When the console is turned on, check if you are still getting the error 103 or not.
5] Uninstall, then Reinstall Roblox
In case the error is caused due to incorrect Roblox installation, uninstall Roblox and then start with a fresh installation of Roblox on your PC. This might fix the issue for you.
What causes Initialization error 4 on Roblox?
Many users of Roblox have reported facing Initialization error 4 when launching a game. This error is generally encountered by Windows 10 and Windows 7 users. If you are also facing this issue, you can try the solutions mentioned here to fix it up. But before that, let us have a look at the causes of this error.
Here are the primary reasons triggering this error on Roblox:
- Your antivirus or firewall might be blocking the connection with the Roblox game server.
- It may arise due to some software conflict.
- If you are using a modified or outdated version of Roblox on your PC, this error may occur,
- The issue can be triggered due to corrupted Roblox registry keys.
How to fix Roblox Initialization Error 4
Here are the methods to fix Roblox Initialization Error 4 on Windows PC:
- Disable Antivirus or Firewall.
- Prevent software conflict.
- Use the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) version of Roblox.
- Uninstall Roblox, Clear the Roblox folder, and Reinstall Roblox.
1] Disable Antivirus or Firewall
In case the error is caused due to an overprotective antivirus suite or firewall, try disabling your antivirus and then check if you still receive the error. If not, your antivirus was the culprit.
If disabling doesn’t work, you might even need to uninstall your antivirus on a temporary basis. Check it resolves the error. If yes, you can be sure the antivirus was the reason behind Roblox Initialization Error 4.
Another fix that you can try is to whitelist the Roblox executable in Windows Firewall. This might be applicable if you are using a modified version of Roblox.
2] Prevent software conflict
Preventing software or app conflict may help you fix the error. So, you can try performing a clean boot in Windows 10 to avoid any app conflict. It will ensure that no third-party services will interfere with Roblox and cause Roblox Initialization Error 4.
3] Use the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) version of Roblox
You might be able to fix this error using the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) version of Roblox. For that, go to the Microsoft Store and access the Roblox app page. Then, download the Roblox app and launch the app on your Windows PC. After that, sign in to your account and check if the error is gone.
4] Uninstall Roblox, Clear the Roblox folder, and Reinstall Roblox
If nothing works, try uninstalling Roblox and then reinstalling it. Before reinstalling, clear up the Roblox folder to remove any corruption related to it. You can go to this path: C:\Users\*Username*\AppData\Local. Here, You will find a Roblox folder; just open it. Select all the data using the Ctrl + A hotkey and then press the Delete key to remove all residual files.