Are you experiencing FPS drops and stuttering issues with the Rainbow Six Extraction game on your Windows 11/10 PC? Here is a complete guide that will help you fix the FPS drops issue with the game.
Rainbow Six Extraction is a recent multiplayer tactical shooter game developed by Ubisoft. However, gamers have complained of being experiencing FPS drops and stuttering issues with the game. FPS drops deteriorates the performance of the game leaving the gamer frustrated. Now, if you are dealing with the same problem with the game, this post is for you. In this article, we are going to mention several fixes that should help you get rid of the issue. So, let us check out.
What causes FPS drops in Rainbow Six Extraction?
Here are the possible causes that may result in FPS drops in Rainbow Six Extraction:
- If your system doesn’t meet the minimum requirements to play the game, you will experience FPS drops with the game. So, do ensure that your PC fulfills the minimum specification to play the game without any hiccups.
- An outdated or faulty graphics driver can also cause the same problem. If the scenario is applicable, go ahead and update your graphics driver to counter the issue.
- The problem might also be caused if you are on an outdated system. It can cause stability issues with the game, resulting in FPS drops in the game. So, make sure you have installed all the pending Windows updates to fix the issue.
- If you are using the fullscreen optimization feature, it can also be one of the reasons causing FPS drops with the game. In that case, simply disable fullscreen optimization for the game and then see if the problem is fixed or not.
- In case you have chosen Balanced power mode on your PC, you might experience FPS drops and other performance issues with CPU extensive games like Rainbow Six Extraction. So, change your PC’s power plan to Best performance and then see if the problem is fixed or not.
- Your in-game graphics settings can also cause the same issue. Hence, try lowering your in-game graphics configurations to resolve the issue.
Based on the above scenarios, you can try a potential fix from the below-listed ones to get rid of the problem.
Why does Rainbow Six Extraction stutter?
The stuttering issues with the Rainbow Six Extraction game might be caused if your system doesn’t fulfill the minimum requirements to play the game. Other than that, it can also be caused due to corrupted or outdated graphics drivers, an outdated system, your in-game graphics settings, etc. Nonetheless, you can fix the stuttering problem by following the fixes listed in this post.
Fix Rainbow Six Extraction FPS Drops and Stuttering Issues
Here are the methods that you can try to fix FPS drops in Rainbow Six Extraction:
- Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements to play Rainbow Six Extraction.
- Update your graphics driver.
- Ensure that your system is up-to-date
- Turn off fullscreen optimization.
- Change your PC’s power plan.
- Allow high graphics performance for the game.
- Modify in-game settings.
Let us discuss the above fixes in detail now!
1] Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements to play Rainbow Six Extraction
The first thing you should do is to check your PC meets the minimum requirements to play the Rainbow Six Extraction game. For the game to work smoothly, your PC must fulfill the minimum requirements. You are likely to experience FPS drops, stuttering issues, and other performance issues with the game in case your system doesn’t meet the minimum specifications. In that case, you will have to upgrade your system to play the game without any hassle.
Here are the minimum system requirements for Rainbow Six Extraction:
System: Windows 10 (64-bit)
Processor: Intel i5-4460 / AMD Ryzem 3 1200
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB / AMD RX 560 4GB
RAM: 8GB (Dual-channel setup)
System: Windows 10 (64-bit)
Processor: Intel i7-4790 / AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB / AMD RX 580 8GB
RAM: 16GB (Dual-channel setup)
If your PC meets the minimum requirements and you still get the same problem with the game, you can move on to the next potential fix to resolve the issue.
2] Update your graphics driver
Most of the time, FPS drops and other gaming issues are caused due to corrupted or faulty graphics drivers. So, make sure you have up-to-date graphics drivers on your system to get rid of the issue. There are multiple ways to update your graphics drivers:
- You can update your graphics drivers using the Optional Updates feature which you can find under the Settings > Windows Update section.
- You can update your graphics drivers conventionally by visiting the official website of the device manufacturer. Just download the installers for your graphics drivers and then install them on your system.
- Device Manager is another method to update GPU card drivers using the below steps:
- Launch Device Manager from Win+X menu.
- Choose Display adapters and expand its menu.
- Right-click on your graphics card.
- Select the Update Driver option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update graphics drivers.
- Use a free driver update to automatically update your graphics drivers.
See if you are able to play the game without FPS drops or stuttering issues after updating your graphics drivers. If not, no worries; we got some more fixes to resolve the issue.
3] Ensure that your system is up-to-date
Along with graphics drivers, you also need to make sure that you are on an up-to-date system. An outdated system can cause stability issues with your game. So, update your Windows system and then see if the issue is fixed or not. You can open the Settings app using Windows + I hotkey and then go to the Windows Update tab. After that, press the Check for updates button and then install all the pending updates. See if you are able to fix the FPS drops issue with this method. If not, you can move on to the next potential solution.
4] Turn off fullscreen optimization
Windows fullscreen optimization feature helps gamers optimize their game. However, many users have experienced FPS drops due to this feature. So, if you have enabled the fullscreen optimization feature, turn it off and then check if the problem is fixed or not.
Here are the steps to disable fullscreen optimization:
- Firstly, open File Explorer using Windows + E hotkey and then navigate to your game executable file. You are likely to find it at the below location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games
- Now, select the game executable and press the right-click on it.
- Next, click on the Properties option from the newly appeared context menu.
- After that, move to the Compatibility tab and enable the checkbox called Disable fullscreen optimizations.
- Finally, press Apply > OK and then relaunch your game to check whether or not the issue is resolved.
In case you continue to deal with the same problem with the game, go ahead and try the next solution to fix it up.
5] Change your PC’s power plan
If you have set balanced power mode on your PC, you might not get the best performance from games and other applications. So, change your PC’s power plan and set it to Best performance. After that, relaunch the game and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Here are the steps to modify the power plan on Windows 11/10:
- Firstly, press Windows + I to open up the Settings app and go to System > Power & battery.
- Now, select the drop-down button associated with the Power mode option.
- Next, choose the Best performance option.
6] Allow high graphics performance for game
You can also try setting high graphics performance for your game by going to your graphics settings. Here are the steps to do that:
- Firstly, open Settings using Windows + I and then go to System > Display > Graphics.
- Now, click on the Browse button and select the RainbowSixExtraction.exe file. The default location of the files is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games
- Next, when you are done adding the game executable, press Options.
- After that, choose High performance and click Save.
- Then, relaunch the game and see if the issue is fixed or not.
Check whether or not the problem is resolved using this solution.
7] Modify in-game settings
If none of the above solutions worked for you, consider lowering your in-game graphics settings to fix the problem. Just open the game and go to the section of its main settings. After that, move to the Graphics tab and try setting the options to Low. It might give an FPS boost to your game and make your game run better.
Hopefully, this will help you fix the FPS drops and stuttering issues with the game.