USB Security Utilities is a freeware portable USB security software that will vaccinate & disinfect your USB drive. It also helps you manage files and make backups. It includes a virus scanner, file backup, suspicious file seeker, vaccine, or device immunization function.
USB Security Utilities
USB Security Utilities is a lightweight utility that can help you to maximize the security of the data in your portable memory drive, such as USB sticks, portable hard drives, memory cards, etc, by handling various functions in one single window.
- Allows you to view device information, such as total size, used space, and file system, and can change the label of your drive.
- It can search for malware with 3 kinds of analysis: standard (based on virus signatures), generic, and New Technology, which looks for executables based on a series of attributes.
- Allows to immunize folders of common malware, like RECYCLER, MsoCache, and ice, also the Autorun.inf, giving better protection against other software, like Panda Vaccine.
- It can explore the files on the device, and in the base of the attributes, it can give a risk level.
- Makes backups of your files, and later it can restore them.
The installer will simply extract the portable .exe file to the folder destination of your choice.
The first thing you will have to do is to click on Configuration tab and change the language from the default Spanish to English.
USB Security Utilities can be downloaded here. It is a pretty interesting tool that you might want to check out.
Works just fine on Windows 10 and Windows 8/7 too!