When trying to update the firmware of your Windows 11, Windows 10, or Surface device, you receive an Install error – 0x8007012a, then here are some steps you need to take to resolve the issue.
Windows Update Install Error 0x8007012a
To resolve the Firmware Install error – 0x8007012a on your Windows 11/10 device, try the following suggestions:
- Check your internet connection
- Disconnect all external USB devices
- Stay connected to the Mains power supply
- Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Use the OEM’s dedicated tool to install the firmware
- Download the firmware from the manufacturer’s website.
Let us take a look at them.
1] Check your internet connection
Make sure that you have a strong internet connection. If possible change the internet connection.
2] Disconnect all external USB devices
Remove all external devices like Printers, etc that you may have connected to your system.
3] Stay connected to the Mains power supply
It is best to connect to the power supply when updating the firmware, instead of being on battery power.
4] Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and see if that makes a difference.
5] Use the OEM’s dedicated tool to install the firmware
Most OEM manufacturers offer a Support tool from their brands to help you install BIOS updates, Driver as well as firmware updates. Check if it exists on your computer and use it. If not go to the manufacturer’s website and download and install it – and then use it to update the firmware.
- If you own a Dell laptop, you can head over to Dell.com or use Dell Update Utility.
- ASUS users can download the MyASUS BIOS update utility from the ASUS support site.
- ACER users can go here. Enter your Serial Number/SNID or search for your product by Model, select BIOS/Firmware, and click the Download link for the file you want to download.
- Lenovo users can use the Lenovo System Update Tool.
- HP users can use the bundled HP Support Assistant.
6] Download the firmware from the manufacturer’s website
Identify the make of your device and search for – eg. “download abcd firmware“, Visit the manufacturer’s website, locate, download and install the firmware for your device manually.
Hope something here helps you.