Are you experiencing the error code 15-7A in Battlefield 2042? Battlefield 2042 is a great first-person shooter video game. It is loved by many. But, a lot of users keep encountering one or other error codes in the game. One such error code is 15-7A. When triggered, you will see the following error message:
Unable to load persistence data. Game will return to start menu. Please check your Internet connection, make sure the Platform Client is online and try again. Please see ea.com/unable-to-connect for more information.
Error code: 15-7A
This error is reported to occur on both PC and consoles. The reasons behind this error could be server problems, internet issues, missing administrator permissions, inconsistency with your default DNS, infected game files, and firewall or antivirus interference. Now, if you are one of the affected users experiencing the same error, we got you covered. In this guide, we will discuss the potential fixes that will help you resolve the error code 15-7A in Battlefield 2042. So, let us check out the solutions.
Fix Battlefield 2042 Error Code 15-7A
Here are the methods you can try if you are experiencing error code 15-7A in Battlefield 2042 on your PC or console:
- Check the current server status of Battlefield 2042.
- Test your internet connection.
- Launch Battlefield 2042 as an administrator.
- Disable Cross-Play.
- Change your default DNS to Google DNS.
- Soft reboot your Xbox console.
- Verify the Integrity of Game Files.
- Allow Battlefield 2042 through Windows Firewall.
1] Check the current server status of Battlefield 2042
First and foremost, you need to ensure that the game servers of Battlefield 2042 are available at the moment. It might be the case that Battlefield 2042’s servers are experiencing technical difficulties such as server outrage issues, maintenance work, etc. If that is the case, you might get the error code 15-7A.
Hence, check the current server status of Battlefield 2042 and make sure it is up and running. You can use a free server status detector website to learn whether Battlefield 2042 servers are down or not. If you follow the official page of Battlefield 2042 on social media like Twitter, Facebook, etc., you can check there to learn about its current server status.
If you find out that the Battlefield 2042 servers are down currently, you will have to wait for the error to be resolved from the server side. Else, you can move on to the next potential fix to resolve the error.
2] Test your internet connection
The error code 15-7A in Battlefield 2042 might be facilitated due to a weak internet connection or connectivity issue on your PC or console. Hence, you can try checking your internet connection and make sure it is stable.
You can check your internet speed and see whether it is good enough for smooth online gaming. There are multiple free online network speed testing tools as well as internet speed test apps for Windows using which you can measure the speed of your internet connection. If it is not fast enough, you may need to upgrade your internet plan to avoid such errors in games.
There might be some internet connectivity issues on your computer. So, try checking and fixing all WiFi problems on your PC. Besides that, switching to a wired connection or performing a power cycle on your router might help you fix the error at hand. Additionally, make sure your network drivers are up-to-date.
If you are facing the error on your Xbox console, you can try the below steps to test your internet connection:
- Firstly, press the Xbox button on your controller to bring up the guide menu.
- Now, navigate to the Profile & System > Settings > General > Network Settings section.
- Next, click on the Test Internet Connection option and let the test run.
If your internet connection is working fine and you still get the same error, go ahead and try the next potential fix to resolve it.
3] Launch Battlefield 2042 as an administrator
The lack of sufficient permissions can be a triggering point for this error. As some games and applications need administrator privileges to run properly, you can check if the same case applies to Battlefield 2042. You can right-click on Battlefield 2042’s executable file and select the Run as administrator option from the context menu. If the error 15-7A is fixed, you can make the game run as an administrator always using the below steps:
- Firstly, open Steam and go to its LIBRARY to check or access your installed games.
- Now, right-click on Battlefield 2042 and choose the Properties option.
- In the Properties window, go to the Local Files tab and press the Browse Local Files button to navigate to the installation directory of Battlefield 2042 on your PC
- Now, find the main executable file of Battlefield 2042 (BF2042.exe), right-click on it, and tap on the Properties option.
- After that, move to the Compatibility tab and tick the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- Then, click on the Apply > OK button to save the new changes.
- Finally, reopen the game and check whether or not the error is now fixed.
If you still get the same error, move on to the next potential fix to resolve it.
4] Disable Cross-Play
The next thing you can try is disabling the Cross-Play function in the game. It is a useful feature using which the players can play any game with others irrespective of the platform they are on. But, in some cases, it might also trigger errors like error code 15-7A. Hence, turning off this feature might help you fix the error at hand.
To disable the Cross-Play function, here are the steps to follow:
- Firstly, launch the game and let it open fully.
- Now, click on the Options menu to access its Settings.
- After that, go to the General tab and under the Other options, look for a Cross-Play feature; you need to disable it by setting its value to OFF.
- When done, try reopening the game and check if the error is gone now.
If you still get the same error code 15-7A on Battlefield 2042, move on to the next potential fix.
5] Change your default DNS to Google DNS
The error code might occur because of an inconsistent DNS range or some other DNS-related issue. Inconsistency with your default DNS can trigger issues or errors while connecting to the game servers. So, if the scenario is applicable, you can try switching to a public DNS like Google DNS to fix the error. You can follow the below step to set up Google DNS on your PC:
- Firstly, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Win+R hotkey.
- Now, type and enter ncpa.cpl in it to launch the Network Connections window.
- In the newly opened window, press the right-click on your active network connection and then choose the Properties option from the context menu.
- Now, select the Internet Protocol (TCP / IP4) option and then tap on the Properties button.
- After that, choose the Use the following DNS server address option and type the below values in the respective fields and click the OK button:
Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199
Alternate DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
- Next, move to the previous window, choose the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) option, and click on the Properties button.
- Now, type the below values and press the OK button to save changes.
Preferred DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8888
Alternate DNS Server: 2001:4860:4860::8844
- Finally, restart your computer and see if the error is fixed or not.
If this method doesn’t work, try the next potential fix to resolve the error.
6] Soft reboot your Xbox console
Xbox users can try a soft reboot on their console to fix the error. For doing that, tap and hold the Xbox button on your Xbox controller until you see the What do you want to do? menu. After that, click on the Restart console option to restart it. Once done, try launching the game and check if the error is fixed or not.
7] Verify the Integrity of Game Files
This error could very well facilitate by corrupted and damaged game files of the Battlefield 2042 game. So, if the scenario is applicable, you can try verifying the integrity of the game files and fixing the bad ones to resolve the error.
Steam users can use the below simple steps to verify the integrity of Battlefield 2042’s game files:
- Firstly, open the Steam client and then go to the LIBRARY menu.
- Then, in the list of your games, find the Battlefield 2042 game and right-click on the game.
- Next, press the Properties option from the appeared context menu
- After that, navigate to the LOCAL FILES tab and then tap on the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
- Steam will then start verifying and repairing your game files by comparing them with the updated and clean game files present on its servers. The process might take a few minutes; so be patient.
- Once done, reopen your game and check if the error is gone.
Here are the steps to verify game files on Epic Games Launcher:
- Firstly, start the Epic Games Launcher app and go to Library.
- Now, press the three-dot menu button present under the Battlefield 2042 game title.
- Next, click on the Verify option and follow the onscreen guide to finish the process.
- When the process is done, open the game to check if the error is fixed or not.
If this fix works for you, great! But, if the problem is still the same, you can try the next potential fix to resolve it.
8] Allow Battlefield 2042 through Windows Firewall
It might be the case that your firewall or antivirus is blocking the connection between the game and the game servers. And thus, you are receiving the error at hand. To check that, you can try disabling your antivirus or firewall and see if the error is fixed. If yes, you can be sure that the error was triggered due to antivirus interference. In that case, you can try allowing the game through your firewall or add the game to the whitelist of your antivirus.
To allow Battlefield 2042 through Windows Firewall, you can try the below steps:
- First, launch the Windows Security app by manually searching for it from the Start Menu.
- Next, move to Firewall & network protection and press the Allow an app through firewall option.
- After that, tap on the Change settings button.
- Next, locate the Battlefield 2042 game in the list of apps. If it is not listed, press the Allow another app > Browse option to browse and select the main executable of Battlefield 2042.
- Once done, tick the checkbox for Battlefield 2042 and allows it through both Private and Public networks.
- Finally, you can try relaunching the game, and hopefully, you won’t see the error code 15-7A anymore.
How do you fix error 15 7A in Battlefield 2042?
To fix the error code 15-7A in Battlefield 2042, first, make sure that the game servers are not down. Other than that, you can check your internet connection and ensure that there are no internet connectivity issues. Besides that, you can verify the game files, allow the game through your firewall, launch the game with administrator rights, change to Google DNS, or disable the Cross-Play feature in the game. We have discussed these fixes in detail, so check them out above in this guide.
Are the servers down on Battlefield 2042?
To check if the Battlefield 2042 servers are down at the moment, you can use a free website like DownDetector, IsItDownRightNow.com, etc. There might be a server outrage issue or some maintenance work might be going on because of which the servers are down.
Why is Battlefield 2042 not loading?
If Battlefield 2042 is not loading or opening on your PC, it could be because your PC doesn’t meet its minimum system requirements. Apart from that, missing admin rights, corrupted game files, faulty graphics drivers, and enabled in-game overlays can also cause the same issue. Also, it might not launch if your firewall or antivirus is preventing it from launching.