Here is a complete guide to fix the black screen issue on Battlefield 2042 on your Windows PC. Battlefield 2042 is a first-person shooter game developed by Electronic Arts. This is a very popular game amongst Gamers, but some bugs and errors are creating hindrances for gamers to enjoy. Recently, many players have reported the frozen black screen issue coming upon on the launch of the game which is troubling PC gamers a lot. Some users also have experienced the issue in the middle of the game. This bug is reported only on PC, not on any other platform.
Now, if you are one of those getting the same black screen problem, you have landed on the correct page. In this post, we are going to discuss multiple fixes that will help you resolve the issue at hand. Let us check out.
What causes the black screen issue on Battlefield 2042?
The reason for getting a black screen on Battlefield 2042 may vary for individuals. Here are the potential causes that might trigger a black screen on Battlefield 2042:
- The possible chance of getting a frozen black screen issue increases when you are running an outdated version of the game on your PC that is no longer compatible with your system. This is the most known reason to have any issues while launching the game. Hence, update your game to fix the issue.
- If you have an old version of graphic card drivers, it can trigger a black screen issue on Battlefield 2042. So, if you have outdated graphics drivers, update them and then relaunch your game to check whether or not the problem is resolved.
- Using an outdated Windows version is another reason that can cause the black screen issue at hand. So, install all the pending Windows updates to fix the issue.
- Cache memories are important memory on which game applications depend for smooth running. So, corrupted files in the cache memory can also create black screen issues. If the scenario is applicable, clear the cache associated with the game to fix the problem.
- It can also be caused due to corrupted game files of Battlefield 2042. So, repair the game files to resolve the issue.
- Too many unnecessary programs running in the background can also cause the issue at hand. Hence, close all the background applications that you don’t need at the time.
Battlefield 2042 Black Screen on startup or while loading
Here are the methods that you can use to fix Battlefield 2042 Black Screen crash on startup, while loading or after update on your Windows 11/10 PC:
- Update your game.
- Launch the game through Origin.
- Update your graphics drivers and Windows.
- Close Unnecessary background tasks.
- Repair the game files.
- Clear cache.
- Troubleshoot in a clean boot state.
1] Update your game
The first thing you should try to fix the issue is to update your game as the problem can be caused due to an outdated game version. With new updates, the bugs and stability issues with the game are resolved. So, you can update the Battlefield 2042 game using the below steps:
- Firstly, launch Origin and navigate to My Game Library.
- Now, right-click on Battlefield 2042 game title and then select the Update game option.
- When the update process is complete, relaunch the game and see if the problem is now resolved or not.
2] Launch the game through Origin
For the gamers who are using EA desktop, Steam, or Epic Game launcher to launch the game, it is recommended to use Origin to launch it. Before launching, make sure you force stop all these processes in the background: EADesktopServices.exe, EALauncher.exe, and EABackgroundServices.exe. For that, use Task Manager and then try launching the game through Origin. Hopefully, this will fix the issue for you. If not, move on to the next potential fix.
3] Update your graphics drivers and Windows
It is likely for outdated drivers to cause issues like this. It is very important to update GPU drivers as it comes with bugs and error fixes to improve the performance of GPU. Hence, make sure you have the latest version of your graphics driver to fix the issue. Also, make sure you are using the latest Windows version.
Here is how you can update graphics drivers on Windows 11/10:
- You can launch the Settings app using Win+I hotkey and navigate to the Windows Update tab. Here, click on the Optional Updates feature and then download and install the latest updates available for your graphics driver.
- Try visiting the official website of the device manufacturer and download the graphics driver installer directly from the website. After that, double click on the installer and follow the onscreen guide to install the latest graphics drivers on your PC.
- You can also update graphics drivers through the Device Manager app. Try the below steps for that:
- Hit the Win+X hotkey and then select Device Manager from the appeared menu.
- Navigate to Display adapters and expand the respective menu.
- Right-click on your graphics card.
- Click on the Update Driver option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- Use a free driver update software that lets you automatically update your graphics and other drivers.
Additionally, update Windows by going to Settings > Windows update and clicking on the Check for updates button.
4] Close Unnecessary background tasks
Background tasks and applications that are not being used can cause systems to respond lately as they use memory. So, closing those processes can help you to fix issues like these in gaming applications. You can follow the below steps for that:
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab and Right-click on the task you want to close.
- Select the End Task button to close the task.
- When done closing all the unnecessary background tasks, relaunch the game and check if the problem is resolved or not.
5] Repair the game files
You are likely to face the black screen issue if the files of the game are infected with any kind of bug or corruption. If the scenario is applicable and you are dealing with corrupted game files, you can try verifying the integrity of game files and repairing them.
For Origin users, here are the steps to repair game files:
- Firstly, start Origin and go to My Game Library.
- Now, right-click on Battlefield 2042 and click on the Repair option.
- When the process is done, relaunch the game and see if the problem is fixed or not.
The Steam users can follow the below steps:
- Firstly, launch Steam and go to Library.
- Now, right-click on Battlefield 2042 and choose the Properties option.
- Next, click on Local Files and then tap on the Verify Integrity of Game Files button.
- Once the verification process is done, relaunch the game and see if the black screen issue is resolved or not.
6] Clear cache
You are likely to experience the issue in case you are dealing with the corrupted cache associated with Battlefield 2042. So, if the scenario is applicable, clearing the cache can resolve the issue.
On Steam, you can try clearing the download cache to fix the issue. Here’s how to do that:
- Firstly, open Steam and then go to Steam > Settings.
- Now, in the Settings window, go to the Download tab.
- Next, tap on the Clear Download Cache button.
- When done, relaunch the game and see if the issue is resolved.
Also, you can try clearing the cache from your PC using the below steps:
- Firstly, launch File Explorer using WIn+E hotkey and go to the following (default) location:
- Now, double-click to open the Cache folder and select all files by pressing Ctrl+A.
- Next, click on the Delete button to clear all the cache files.
Read: Battlefield 2042 FPS Drops and Stuttering Issues on PC.
7] Troubleshoot in a clean boot state
The problem might be caused due to conflicts with background applications. If the scenario applies, you should be able to fix the issue by performing a clean boot. Here are the steps to perform a clean boot on Windows 11/10:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
- Type msconfig and hit Enter to launch System Configuration.
- Go to the Services tab and enable the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Click on Disable all and then press on Apply > OK to save changes.
- Move to the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager. The Task Manager interface will open. Here go to the Startup tab.
- Disable all the startup programs.
- Once done, make sure you restart your computer to apply changes.
Hopefully, on the next startup, you will not encounter a black screen on Battlefield 2042.
See: How to Fix Battlefield 2042 Error Code 25
Why does my Battlefield 2042 not work?
There can be multiple reasons why Battlefield 2042 might not work on your PC. Some common reasons include lack of administrator rights to run the game, outdated graphics drivers, in-game overlay features, or corrupted installation of the game.
How do I fix black screen on Battlefield 5?
To fix the black screen on Battlefield 5, you can try updating your graphics drivers, verifying the integrity of game files, or updating your game. You can also try performing a clean boot to avoid software conflicts that might cause the black screen issue.