Windows Store is probably the best way to get new stuff in Windows 8, but sometimes it may embarrass you with error messages. Like in the past we have covered fix on unable to install apps, Error 0x80073cf9, error 0x8024600e when trying to install or update Windows Store Apps. Today we’re again going to resolve a similar issue with Windows Store while installing updates or new apps.
This Application Wasn’t Installed, Please try again, Error code 0x8024001e
We always recommend you to reset the app cache before make any new download using Windows Store. In certain scenarios, you may receive the error even after resetting the app cache, because this can’t be guaranteed. However, let’s see how to fix the error 0x8024001e as received while attempting to updates for new apps inside Store.
The issue looks similar to the error 0x8024600e, but unfortunately doesn’t get solved using the treatment of 0x8024600e. We tried the Windows App Troubleshooter to solve it, but it encountered some errors related to video drivers. But finally, this worked.
1. Open Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
2. Type following commands one by one:
- rename SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bck
3. That’s it! Your issue should be resolved now. You may close the Command Prompt and reboot.
Hope you find the article useful.
More Apps troubleshooting posts you may want to check out:
- Troubleshoot and Fix Apps problems with Windows Apps Troubleshooter
- Fix: Metro Tiles are not responding in Windows
- Error Code 0x8024600e When Trying To Install Or Update Windows Store Apps
- Unable to update Windows Store applications on Windows
- Random Windows Metro App Crashes & Freezes
- Fix: Windows Store apps crashing in Windows, by performing Clean Uninstall using PowerShell.