The other day I was trying to install an application on Windows 8, but it failed … couldn’t figure out the problem. Seems like people are having issues while installing applications from Windows Store. In some cases it install about 50% and then just gets stuck there, or you might get some error code or it may just say, Unable to install it. The message could be:
Something happened and this app couldn’t be installed. Please try again.
Cannot Install Windows 8 Apps
After hours on research I found that the solution to problem was rather simple, so thought of sharing it here. There are multiple reasons why this could happen. I’ll list all of them hre so that you can try each option and see which one works for you.
Windows Firewall is disabled
Seems like, if the Windows Firewall is disabled, you will not be able to install application from Windows Store. So the first thing you have to check is whether the Windows 8 Firewall is turn off or not. To access it on Metro screen, just type in Windows Firewall, open it and make sure it’s turned on.
If some strange reason your unable to turn on Windows Firewall, check if the Windows Firewall service is stopped. On the Metro screen type in Services and look for Windows Firewall. Now make sure that the service is set to automatic and started.
Incorrect Date and Time
If you have incorrect Date and Time being set on your computer, you’ll have issues installing applications from Windows Store. You may even receive a message: The time setting on your PC might be incorrect. Go to PC settings, make sure the date, time, and time zone are set correctly, and then try again. So make sure you have the correct date, time. You can change it from Regional Settings from the Control Panel.
Licensing on Windows Store is not synced
If the licensing on the Windows Store is not synced properly, you will not be able to install apps on your Windows 8 computer. To manually sync it:
- Go to Windows Store
- Press Windows Key + C
- Open Settings
- Select App Updates
- Sync Licenses
Now reboot the system and try to download again.
The Windows 8 App Troubleshooter is a great ATS from Microsoft which can help you with apps installation problems. You may want to run that if nothing helps.
These are the major causes that I noticed across lot of users. The other troubleshooting steps you may want to consider are: Selective Startup and Refresh PC.
Reboot in Selective Startup mode
- To reboot the system in Selective Startup
- On Desktop press Windows key + R. This opens the run window
- Type in MSCONFIGand press Enter
- Under General tab uncheck on “Load Startup items”
- Under Services tab check on “Hide all Microsoft services” and click on Disable all
- Now reboot the system and try to install it again
Refresh Windows 8 PC
To Refresh the PC also refered to as Repair Install, you can follow this article on how to Repair Install or Refresh Windows 8.
See this if you are Unable to update Windows Store applications on Windows 8.
Still have problems? Feel free to post it in our TWC forums – we’ll be glad to assist you.
We have already written a few articles that will help you troubleshoot Windows Store app problems:
- Windows 8 Apps Troubleshooter
- Error 0x80073cf9 While Installing Apps From Windows Store In Windows 8
- Error Code 0x8024600e When Trying To Install Or Update Windows Store Apps
- Random Windows 8 Metro App Crashes & Freezes
- Fix: Windows Store apps crashing in Windows 8, by performing Clean Uninstall using PowerShell
- Reset Windows Store Cache in Windows 8 | 8.1
- Windows 8 apps not working? – Repair Windows 8 Apps
- Fix: Windows 8 tiles are not working.