The Windows 10/8 operating system offers an easy way to repair the Windows Store apps, should they not be functioning properly. If there is some problem with any app when you click on an app to open it, you find that it simply crashes and closes down, and you get to see the start screen again.
Windows 8 apps not working – Repair WindowsApps
This time, however, you will see a small ‘x’ sign on the bottom right side of the Tile, indicating that something is wrong with this particular app. It could be for a built-in app or even a third-party app. If you see this, it is quite possible that there was some problem or error when an app package was first installed. Sometimes, just waiting on the start screen for 5-10 minutes is known to resolve the issue automatically. If this does not help, check for updates if any, and download and install them.
This app can’t open & needs to be repaired
If it does not help, click on it again. This time, it will display This app can’t open message. To exit, you may click on Close. To repair it, you should click the Go to the Store link.
Clicking on Repair will repair the app. Effectively, the app is re-installed with all it defaults settings intact.
Once the app is repaired, you will see a notification in the top right side stating that the app was installed.
Now if you try to open the app, you will see that it opens properly.
TIP: Windows 10 users may Reset Windows 10 apps via Settings.
If it still, doesn’t help, you may want to check these links:
- Troubleshoot and Fix Apps problems with Windows Apps Troubleshooter
- Windows Tiles are not working
- Unable to Install Apps from Windows Store
- Error 0x80073cf9 While Installing Apps From Windows Store In Windows
- Error Code 0x8024600e When Trying To Install Or Update Windows Store Apps
- Unable to update Windows Store applications on Windows
- Random Windows App Crashes & Freezes
- Reset Windows Store Cache in Windows
- Windows Store apps crashing in Windows, by performing Clean Uninstall using PowerShell
- How to re-register Windows Store Apps.