Is the Teams Meeting add-in not showing in Microsoft Outlook? Some MS Outlook users have reported that the Teams add-in is not working or has gone missing from their ribbon. Now, there can be multiple causes of this issue. Let us find out these causes.
Why is Teams presence not showing in Outlook?
If the New Teams Meeting option is not showing up in Outlook, it might be disabled in Outlook settings. Besides that, there can be other reasons behind this problem including using an outdated version of the Outlook app and Microsoft.Teams.AddinLoader.dll file being corrupted. This issue is reported by several Outlook users who use the Teams add-in.
Fix Teams meeting not showing in Outlook
If the Teams meeting option is not showing or working correctly in Microsoft Outlook, you can use the below solutions to fix the issue:
- Sign out of Teams and restart Outlook.
- Update Microsoft Office.
- Enable Microsoft Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook.
- Turn on the Teams Outlook add-in from the Admin Center.
- Run the Teams Add-in Missing in Outlook diagnostic tool.
- Re-register Teams add-in DLL file.
- Use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant.
- Make a Registry modification.
1] Sign out of Teams and restart Outlook
The first thing you can do to fix this issue is to completely close Outlook and then restart it. Before doing that, you can reconnect your accounts in Microsoft Teams. For that, log out of your account and then sign in again to Teams. Here is the step-by-step procedure to follow:
- First, open the Microsoft Teams and click on your profile icon.
- Now, select the Sign out option to log out of your account.
- After that, close Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Outlook apps using Windows Task Manager.
- Next, reopen the Teams app and sign into your account.
- Then, restart Outlook and see if the New Teams Meeting option shows or not.
2] Update Microsoft Office
If your Outlook app is out-of-date, you might experience such issues. Hence, update Outlook to its latest version if the scenario is applicable. Here are the steps to do that:
- First, open the Outlook app and press the File menu > Office Account option from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Update Options drop-down button and press the Update Now option.
- Let the updates download and install.
- Once done, reopen the Outlook app and check if the issue is fixed or not.
3] Enable Microsoft Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook
You might have disabled the Teams add-in in Outlook intentionally or unintentionally which is you can’t see the Teams meeting option. Now, if the scenario is applicable, open Outlook settings and enable the Teams meeting add-in. To do that, follow the below steps:
- First, open your Outlook app and move to File > Options.
- In the Outlook Options window, navigate to the Add-ins tab.
- Now, check if the Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office add-in is listed as an active add-in or not.
- If the add-in is not shown, select the COM Add-ins option from the drop-down and click on the Go button.
- After that, tick the checkbox associated with the Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office add-in and press the OK button.
- Lastly, relaunch Outlook and check if the Teams option is present.
4] Turn on the Teams Outlook add-in from the Admin Center
If you are an administrator, you can enable the add-in from Meetings Policies. Here’s how:
- First, sign into the Microsoft Teams Admin Center page.
- Now, find the Meeting Policies option and select it.
- Next, make sure the Allow the Outlook add-in toggle is turned on.
- Once done, reopen Outlook and see if the Teams add-in is working fine or not.
5] Run the Teams Add-in Missing in Outlook diagnostic tool
Microsoft offers a dedicated diagnostic tool to resolve issues like being unable to install the Teams add-in in Outlook, the Teams Meeting option missing in Outlook, etc. However, this tool can be run by Microsoft Teams administrator only. Here’s how to use it:
First, open this Microsoft Teams add-in troubleshooting page by clicking here. Ensure you are signed into Microsoft with your admin account.
Now, press the Run Tests button and then type the user’s email address who cannot use the Teams add-in in Outlook.
Next, click on the Run Tests button.
When the test is done, cross-check with the user if he/she has stopped facing issues with the Teams add-in in Outlook.
6] Re-register Teams add-in DLL file
Microsoft.Teams.AddinLoader.dll file is the Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file that ensures the correct working of the Teams Meeting add-in in Outlook. If this DLL file is corrupted or broken, you will experience this issue. So, if the scenario is applicable, you can re-register the Microsoft.Teams.AddinLoader.dll file on Windows and see if the problem is fixed.
Here are the steps to do that:
First, open Run using Win+R and enter %LocalAppData% in the Open field.
In the available location, move to the Microsoft > TeamsMeetingAddin folder and then open the folder with the latest version number. Then, open the x86 folder.
From the address bar, copy the path of this folder.
The copied path will look something like the below address:
Now, open Command Prompt with administrator rights using Windows Search.
After that, enter the below command:
In the above command, replace the above path with the previously copied location.
Next, enter the following command to re-register the DLL file:
Once you see the “DllRegisterServer in Microsoft.Teams.AddinLoader.dll succeeded.” prompt, exit Command Prompt and restart your PC. You can now launch Outlook and see if the Teams Meeting option works properly.
7] Use Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant
The next thing you can do to fix this issue is to use the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool. Microsoft offers a Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool that lets you troubleshoot issues with Microsoft Office apps. It also lets you fix the Teamd add-in issues in Outlook.
To use it, download the tool from the Microsoft website and install it on your PC. Now, launch the app and choose the Outlook app to resolve issues related to it. Then, press the Next button.
Under the list of problems, select the “The Teams meeting option isn’t shown or the Teams Meeting add-in doesn’t load in Outlook” problem and click on the Next button.
After that, select Yes and press Next.
Follow the prompted instructions and then click on the Perform button to troubleshoot the issue.
Once done, relaunch Outlook and check if the problem is resolved.
8] Make a Registry modification
If the above solutions don’t work, you can change a Registry key to stop the Teams Meeting add-in from being turned off by Outlook. But, before making any changes to your Registry, make sure you create a backup of your registry to be on the safer side.
First, evoke the Run prompt using Win+R and enter regedit.exe in the Open box to launch Registry Editor.
Now, navigate to the following address:
Next, double-click on the TeamsAddin.FastConnect DWORD and set its value to 1.
Once done, close Registry Editor and restart your PC to let the change take effect.
You can now open Outlook and check if the Team Metting add-in is showing up now.
How do I show Teams meeting in Outlook?
To schedule a Teams meeting in Outlook, you can click on the New Teams Meeting button from the Home tab. After that, choose your account, click on Schedule Meeting, add your invitees, enter the details, and press Send to send the meeting invitation.
Now read: TPM error 80284001 on Teams or Outlook.