Windows also comes with an inbuilt file manager called File Explorer that helps users to explore folders, files, etc. Although the inbuilt File Explorer is more than enough for a regular Windows user to explore different directories, sometimes users may look for additional features – and that is where third-party file manager apps can find their use. Today we will take a look at Shallot, a free File Manager software for Windows.
Shallot File Manager for Windows
Shallot is not a very feature-rich file manager app like Tablacus, but it has its own plus points. The user interface is very simple, and all the functionalities are well documented. You will not face any any issue while browsing different folders using this file manager. Like other regular apps, you can find a Tree-view Explorer that allows people to explore folders conveniently. Talking about the features, you may not find a lot of options, but all the essential options are included in this tool-
- File Explorer: The file explorer that lets to browse all the partitions as well as hard disks (if you have more than one).
- Bookmark: If you need to open a particular folder frequently, you can simply bookmark it in the navigation menu bar. Instead of navigating to a specific path to open a particular folder, you can use the “Bookmark” feature. Like any web browser, a bookmark will be added to the navigation menu, and users can open that path or folder by clicking on the bookmark.
- Rename files: Let’s assume that you need to rename five files. If you use the default file explorer, you need to select every file separately and press the F2 button to rename one by one. However, if you use Shallot, you can rename multiple files easily. All the files will appear automatically if you select more than one files to rename at once.
- Open Command Prompt: Suppose, you need to open the Command Prompt in a particular folder to execute a particular command. If you use this tool, you do not have to press Shift + Right-click to open the Command Prompt or PowerShell. You can find an option in the navigation menu that will let you open it quickly.
- Profile management: You can create different profiles and set different settings. Therefore, if you need a particular look with certain settings, you can easily switch to another profile.
If you want to bookmark a particular folder, right-click on it, and select Add to bookmarks.
If you want to rename multiple files, select all of them > right-click on a selected file > select Rename. After that, you will get a window, where you can enter the desired name as well as extension. There are some settings available with this tool as well. To get them, click on the three-dotted button that is visible on the top-right corner and select
There are some settings available with this tool as well. To access them, click on the three-dotted button that is visible on the top-right corner and select Tuning. Following that, you can find some options to customise it accordingly.
If you would like to download it, it is available here.
- Tags: Freeware