If Pharaoh A New Era keeps crashing on startup on your Windows PC, then this post will help you. Pharaoh, A New Era, is a modern city-building game in ancient Egypt. But recently, some users have been completing that the game keeps crashing on their PC. Fortunately, you can follow some simple methods to fix it.
Fix Pharaoh A New Era Keeps Crashing on Startup on PC
If Pharaoh A New Era game keeps crashing on your Windows PC, update the game, its client, and your Windows OS, and then restart your device and see if it helps. If not, follow these suggestions:
- Check System Requirements
- Verify the Integrity of Game Files
- Run Pharaoh A New Era as an Admin
- Update Graphics Drivers
- Allow the Game through Firewall
- Force the Game to use DirectX 11
- Troubleshoot Pharaoh A New Era in Clean Boot Mode
- Reinstall the Game
Now let us see these in detail.
1] Check System Requirements
Before starting with different troubleshooting methods, check if your device meets the game’s requirements. Here are the recommended requirements to run the Pharaoh A New Era:
- OS: Windows 10/11
- Processor: Intel Core i7-9700K or AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030, 2 GB or AMD Radeon RX 460, 2 GB or Intel HD Graphics 630
- Storage: 8 GB available space
2] Verify the Integrity of Game Files
The game’s files can sometimes get corrupted due to a glitch or a recent update. This can cause Pharaoh A New Era to crash. Verify the game files and see if the error gets fixed. Here’s how:
- Open Steam and click on Library.
- Right-click on Pharaoh A New Era.exe from the list.
- Select Properties > Local Files
- Then click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
3] Run Pharaoh A New Era as an Admin
The game can flash due to a lack of permissions. Run the game as an administrator and check if the error gets fixed. To do so, right-click on the Pharaoh A New Era.exe shortcut file and click on Run as Administrator.
4] Update Graphics Drivers
For running games smoothly, a fixed amount of graphics memory is required. Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers can make games crash and malfunction. Here is how you can update the graphics drivers.
NV Updater will keep NVIDIA Graphic Card Driver updated. You could also visit your computer manufacturer’s website to download and install the drivers. Some of you may want to use free Driver Update software or tools like AMD Driver Autodetect, Intel Driver Update Utility, or Dell Update utility to update your device drivers.
5] Allow the Game through Firewall
Windows Firewall can interfere with the game’s processes and makes it malfunction. Making exceptions in Windows Firewall can help fix this error on Pharaoh A New Era. Here’s how:
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Navigate to Privacy & Security > Windows Security > Firewall & network protection.
- In the Firewall tab, click on Allow an app through firewall.
- On the next page, click on Change settings and select Allow another app.
- On the Allowed apps window, locate Pharaoh A New Era and check both the Private and Public boxes.
6] Force the Game to use DirectX 11
DirectX is a very crucial element in running games properly on Windows devices. But for some reason, Pharaoh A New Era can face errors while running using DirectX 12. To fix this, make it run using DirectX 11. Here is how you can do it:
- Open the Steam client, navigate to Library, and right-click on the Pharaoh A New Era game.
- Click on Properties > General and type –dx11 under the Launch Options.
- Restart your device, launch the game, and check if Pharaoh A New Era stops crashing.
7] Troubleshoot Pharaoh A New Era in Clean Boot Mode
Interruptions from third-party applications and programs can cause apps and games to malfunction. To fix this, perform a Clean Boot to ensure the operating system loads with minimal system files and drivers.
If Pharaoh A New Era runs smoothly in Clean Boot State, manually enable one process after another and see which culprit creates problems for you. Once you have identified it, you must disable or uninstall the software that uses this culprit process.
8] Reinstall the Game
If none of these suggestions can help you, reinstall the game. This has been known to help most gamers get over this error.
How do I fix Pharaoh freezing and crashing?
Try updating your graphics drivers and game to fix Pharaoh A New Era freezing and crashing. Next, try lowering the graphics settings for the game and check if the error gets fixed. However, if that doesn’t help, run the game as an administrator and temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall.