Here is a complete guide to fixing the freezing, stuttering, low FPS, and lagging issues in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. A lot of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous users have complained of experiencing stutters, lags, low FPS, and more performance issues in the game. Some users just can’t play the game because it freezes and becomes unresponsive.
Now, these issues could be a result of different factors affecting the performance of the game. You might be having an outdated version of your graphics driver on your computer due to which the game is not running smoothly. Or, the game files might be broken or missing which is why you are facing freezing, stuttering, and other issues. There can be many other reasons for the problem at hand including a lack of admin privileges to run the game, antivirus/ firewall interferences, in-game overlays, too many programs running in the background, etc. If you are also facing any of these issues in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, this post is for you. In this guide, we will help you fix the problems using different solutions. You can use a fix based on the scenario most suited to you.
Fix Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Freezing, Stuttering, Lags, and FPS Drops
If the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous game keeps on freezing, stuttering, lagging, or there is an FPS drop in the game, you can follow the below fixes to resolve these issues on PC:
- Update your display/ graphics drivers.
- Run Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous as an administrator.
- Verify the integrity of the game files of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.
- Customize Launch Options.
- Install the latest game patches.
- Set High Priority for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.
- Allow Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous through your antivirus/ firewall.
- Disable in-game overlays.
- Disable Fullscreen Optimizations.
- Delete the registry key for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.
1] Update your display/ graphics drivers
If you haven’t checked or updated your graphics drivers, open Settings and use the Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional Updates feature and see if there are pending driver updates. If yes, download and install them. Out-of-date and corrupted graphics drivers will give your performance issues in your games. Hence, update graphics drivers right away and see if stuttering, low FPS, freezing, and other issues in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous are fixed or not.
There are some other ways to update your graphics driver that are:
- Open the Device Manager app, expand Display adapters, right-click on your graphics driver, and select the Update driver option.
- Go to the official website of the device manufacturer to get the most recent version of your graphics driver.
- Automatically update your graphics driver using a free third-party driver updater.
If your graphics driver is up-to-date, you can move on to the next potential fix to resolve the issues at hand.
2] Run Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous as an administrator
A lot of times, the game might freeze, lag, or stutter if you don’t have sufficient permissions to run the game. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, you can try launching Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous as an administrator to fix the issues. Right-click on the game executable file and select the Run as administrator option to launch the game.
If Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous runs smoothly, you can make sure that the game runs with admin privileges every time you launch it. Here are the steps to do that:
- Firstly, open File Explorer using Win+E and go to the directory where the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous game is installed.
- After that, right-click on its executable file and select Properties from the appeared context menu.
- In the Properties window, move to the Compatibility tab and tick the checkbox named Run this program as an administrator.
- Finally, press the Apply > OK button to save the new settings.
If you still get the same stuttering, freezing, lagging, and more issues in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, use the next potential fix.
3] Verify the integrity of the game files of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is likely to give your performance issues if your game files are infected or damaged. As game files are responsible for the working of the game, you must ensure that your game files are clean and up-to-date. To do so, you can verify the integrity of game files and fix the corrupted ones. Most of the gaming platforms and launchers come with a dedicated feature to do so. Let us check out how.
- First, go to your Steam app, select the LIBRARY option, and press right-click on Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.
- Now, choose the Properties option and go to the LOCAL FILES tab in the Properties window.
- After that, tap on the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button to run a verification check.
- Once Steam is done verifying and fixing your game files, reopen Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and check if the problems are resolved.
- Firstly, open GOG Galaxy and go to Library to locate and select the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous game.
- Now, press the Settings icon which you can see next to the Play button.
- Some options will pop up; simply tap on the Manage installation option and choose the Verify / Repair option.
- GOG Galaxy will start verifying and repairing the bad game files causing the issue at hand.
- Once the process is successfully complete, you can relaunch the game and hopefully, it will run without stutters, lags, and other issues.
Epic Games Launcher:
- Firstly, open the Epic Games Launcher and visit the Library tab from the left pane to access your games.
- Next, select the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous game and press the three dots menu button.
- From the appeared options, click on the Verify option and let Epic Games Launcher verify and repair your game files.
- Once done, reopen the game and check if the issues at hand are resolved or not.
If the problem persists, go ahead and try the next potential fix.
4] Customize Launch Options
If you use Steam, you can try customizing Launch Options to run the game and see if its works or not. You can force the engine to start Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous in fullscreen mode. Here’s how to do that:
- First, launch Steam and open the LIBRARY,
- Now, right-click on Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and click on the Properties option.
- Next, inside the General tab, scroll to the Launch Options section and type –fullscreen in the box, and exit the window
- After that, reopen the game to check if there is an improvement in its performance or not.
In case this method doesn’t work, use the next potential fix.
5] Install the latest game patches
It is important to keep your game up-to-date. The developers keep on releasing new game patches to add new features as well as to improve the performance of the game by addressing previous bugs. The game might stutter, freeze, etc. if it is outdated. Hence, make sure you have installed all the latest game patches for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.
6] Set High Priority for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
CPU and GPU-intensive games like Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous consume a lot of system resources. So, if there are many programs running in the background, the game is likely to lag, stutter, freeze, etc. Hence, terminate the unnecessary background applications and set High Priority for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. Here’s how you can do that:
- Firstly, open Task Manager by using the Ctrl+Shift+Esc hotkey
- After that, right-click on Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous in the Processes tab.
- Next, from the appeared context menu, select the Go to details option.
- In the Details tab, right-click on the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous task and click on the Set priority > High option.
- Finally, go to Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and see if it works fine or not.
In case you still get freezing, stuttering, lagging, and other issues, there are some other fixes you can use. So, move ahead to the next potential solution.
7] Allow Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous through your antivirus/ firewall
The next thing you can do is allow the game through your antivirus or firewall. It might be the case that Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is not performing as intended due to your overprotective security suite. There might be interference by your antivirus or firewall. Hence, you can add the game to the exception, whitelist, or exclusion settings of your antivirus. And, if the firewall is causing the issue, allow Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous through the Windows Firewall by following the below steps:
- First, launch the Windows Defender Security Center app and click on the Firewall and Network Protection option.
- Now, tap on Allow an app through firewall and select the Change Settings button.
- Next, click on the “Add another app” option and add the main executable of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.
- After that, select the added game and tick both the Private and Public networks checkboxes.
- Once done, press the OK button and then open your game to see if the problem is fixed or not.
If the problems remain the same, go ahead and try the next potential solution.
8] Disable in-game overlays
In-game overlays are known to cause performance issues in games as per many reports. Hence, you can disable in-game overlays and check if the problem is resolved or not. Here’s how you can turn off the in-game overlay feature on Steam:
- First, go to the Steam app and click on the Steam > Settings option.
- Now, move to the In-Game tab and disable the checkbox called Enable Steam Overlay while in-game.
- Try playing your game now and see if the issue is fixed or not.
You can also disable in-game overlays in other apps like Discord, and see if it helps you fix the issue. If not, move ahead and use the next solution.
9] Disable Fullscreen Optimizations
You can also disable fullscreen optimizations for the game and see if it helps you run the game more smoothly. Here are the steps to do so:
- Firstly, open the directory where you have installed Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and right-click on the game’s executable file.
- Now, from the appeared context menu, click on the Properties option.
- Next, navigate to the Compatibility tab and tick the checkbox called Disable fullscreen optimizations.
- Finally, save the settings by pressing Apply > OK and open the game to check if the issue is gone.
Hope this will fix the problem for you.
10] Delete the registry key for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
Deleting this registry key for this game has helped fix the freezing issues. So, you can try doing the same and see if it helps. However, tweaking the Registry is tricky and is not recommended for naive users as one might end up making some unintentional changes causing system issues. So, do it if you know exactly what you are doing.
Here’s how to do that:
- First, open the Registry Editor app and navigate to the following address:
- Now, delete the registry keys associated with the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous game.
- Next, reboot your PC and then launch Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous to check if the problem is resolved.
Is Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous a good game?
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is an action-adventure role-playing game by Cypriot studio Owlcat Games. It is quite popular amongst gamers and loved by millions. You can play it on different platforms including Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and Mac.
What causes FPS stutter?
One of the common causes of game stuttering is outdated graphics drivers. Apart from that, incorrect in-game configurations and graphics card settings can also cause the same. If you are dealing with the stuttering issue in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, follow this guide and fix the issue. On the other hand, low RAM could also cause the same.