Are you facing stuttering, lagging, or freezing issues in the Squad game on your Windows PC? Squad is a popular multiplayer first-person shooter video game. Millions of gamers love it, but it has its share of errors, bugs, and issues. Many Squad players have complained that while playing the game, it will stutter, lag, or freeze. The game will just not run smoothly, which keeps annoying them.
Your game is likely to cause issues like stutters, lags, etc. if the system you are playing the game on doesn’t meet the minimum specifications to play Squad. Hence, make sure your PC fulfills the minimum requirements. Apart from that, having outdated device drivers, including graphics drivers, can also cause the same problem. The issues at hand can also be caused because of the outdated game version, corrupted or missing game files, or improper graphics settings.
Now, if you are one of the affected users, here is a complete guide. You can try the fixes mentioned and enjoy the Squad game without stutters, lags, or freezing issues.
Before you try out any of the below-mentioned fixes, check the minimum system requirements to play the Squad game smoothly. It is likely to stutter or freeze if your PC doesn’t meet the minimum requirements for Squad.
Squad’s Minimum Requirements:
- OS: Windows 10 (x64), Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- Processor: Intel Core i or AMD Ryzen with 4 physical cores
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Geforce GTX 770 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 with at least 4GB of VRAM
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 55 GB of available space
Squad’s Recommended Requirements:
- OS: Windows 10/11 (x64), Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- Processor: Intel Core i or AMD Ryzen with 6 physical cores
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon 570 with at least 6GB of VRAM
- DirectX: Version 12
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 55 GB of available space
In case your PC fulfills the minimum specifications and you still face these issues, you can try the below fixes.
How do I stop my Squad from stuttering?
To stop the Squad game from stuttering, try running the game with administrator rights. Besides that, make sure your device drivers are updated, especially your graphics drivers. Additionally, you can try verifying the integrity of your game files, updating your game, customizing launch options, etc. We have discussed in detail what you should do to stop Squad from stuttering. So, follow the guide below.
Fix Squad keeps freezing, crashing or stuttering on PC
If Squad keeps freezing, crashing, disconnecting, stuttering, loading or validating on your Windows PC, then these suggestions may help you:
- Run the game as an administrator.
- Update your graphics drivers.
- Set High Priority for Squad in Task Manager.
- Verify the Integrity of Game Files.
- Update the game.
- Modify graphics settings.
- Customize Launch Options on Steam.
- Disable Fullscreen Optimizations.
1] Run the game as an administrator
First of all, try running your game with administrator rights and see if the problem is fixed or not. The game might not perform the best when launched without administrator privileges. So, if the scenario is applicable, launch Squad as an administrator and see if it works. You can right-click on Squad game’s executable and click on the Run as administrator option to open it. If the issues at hand are resolved, run the game with admin privileges always using the below steps:
- First, right-click on the game’s executable file, and from the context menu, click on the Properties option.
- Now, navigate to the Compatibility tab and make sure to enable the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- Finally, click on the Apply > OK button to save changes.
In case this method doesn’t help you fix the issues, go ahead and try the next potential fix.
2] Update your graphics drivers
One of the most important things to playing extensive video games on PC is having up-to-date device drivers, especially graphics drivers. So, make sure you have updated your graphics drivers to their latest version. You can update graphics drivers via the Settings app using the Optional Updates feature, Device Manager, from the official website of the device manufacturer, or using a free third-party driver updater.
After updating GPU drivers, check if the Squad game is working properly without stuttering, lagging, or freezing. If not, move on to the next potential fix.
3] Set High Priority for Squad in Task Manager
You can also try setting the high priority for the Squad game in your Task Manager to make it run smoothly without stutters or lags. Here are the steps to do so:
- Firstly, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
- Now, from the Processes tab, locate the Squad game task and right-click on it.
- Next, from the context menu, press the Go to details option.
- After that, right-click on your game task in the Details tab and select the Set priority > High option.
- Once done, open the game and see if it is working fine now.
You can try the next solution if this one doesn’t help.
4] Verify the Integrity of Game Files
The game won’t perform well if the respective game files are corrupted or broken. Hence, you can try verifying the integrity of the game files of Squad i.e., scan and fix the damaged game files to fix the issue. You can find a dedicated feature to do so on Steam. Here’s how to proceed:
- First, open Steam and move to its LIBRARY section.
- Now, right-click on the Squad game title, and press the Properties option from the context menu.
- Next, move to the LOCAL FILES tab and click on the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button.
- Let Steam verify and repair your game files; it might take a few minutes.
- When finished, relaunch Squad and see if the problem is resolved.
If Squad still keeps stuttering or freezing, try the next potential fix.
5] Update the game
It is always recommended to keep your game up-to-date to get the best performance out of it. So, make sure you have installed all the latest game patches for Squad. You can use the below steps to update Squad on Steam:
- Firstly, go to Steam and open its LIBRARY section.
- Now, right-click on the Squad game title and select the Properties option.
- Next, go to the Updates tab and select the Always keep this game updated option.
- After that, relaunch Steam and it will update Squad if there are any updates available.
- Finally, you can try relaunching the game and see if the problem is fixed or not.
6] Modify graphics settings
You can also try modifying your graphics card settings to fix the issue. Here’s the setting you need to change:
For Nvidia graphics card:
- Right-click on your desktop and select the Nvidia Control Panel option.
- Tap on Manage 3D Settings, click Program Settings, and locate the ‘Squad’ game in the list of programs. If it is not listed, manually browse and add the executable.
- Set up the following settings as mentioned below:
-Monitor Tech: G-Sync
-Threaded optimization: On
-Maximum Pre-rendered frames: 2
-Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
-Texture Filtering – Quality: Performance
Similarly, you can change graphics settings for other graphics cards and see if it helps.
7] Customize Launch Options on Steam
The next thing you can do is try customizing launch options on Steam and see if it works. Here’s what to do:
- Firstly, open Steam, go to LIBRARY, and right-click on Squad.
- Now, from the context menu, choose the Properties option.
- Next, from the General tab, in the LAUNCH OPTIONS field, enter the following command: -fullscreen. It will force the engine to launch the game in fullscreen mode.
- Once done, restart Steam and open the Squad game to see if it works smoothly.
8] Disable Fullscreen Optimizations
You can also try disabling fullscreen optimizations for the game and see if that helps. Here’s how to do that:
- Firstly, launch the Steam client, go to LIBRARY, and right-click the Squad game.
- Now, press the Properties option, go to the Local Files tab, and click on Browse Local Files to directly open the Squad game’s installation directory on your system.
- Next, simply right-click on the game’s executable file and tap on the Properties option.
- After that, go to the Compatibility tab, and tick the option called Disable fullscreen optimizations.
- Finally, click on the Apply > OK option to save changes.
Once done, try relaunching the game and hopefully, the problem would be resolved now.
How do I make my Squad run smoother?
To make Squad run smoother on your PC, you need to ensure that the minimum system requirements to play the game are fulfilled. Also, make sure to update your Windows and graphics drivers. Other than that, change your in-game graphics settings, launch the game as an administrator, and verify your game files.
Now read: Mic not working in Squad game on Windows PC.