Are you experiencing the Connection Lost error in MultiVersus? MultiVersus is a recent free-to-play crossover fighting game already popular amongst gamers. Like any other game and service, it also has some errors and issues that users keep encountering. One such error reported by users is the Connection Lost error. When triggered, you will receive the following error message:
You have lost your connection to the internet. Try checking your network settings.
The most common reason for this error is network and internet issues. Other than that, if the game servers are down, you might experience this error. Additionally, outdated network drivers, damaged game files of MultiVersus, DNS issues, and firewall interferences are other reasons that can cause the error at hand.
Now, if you are one of the affected users, this post will interest you. Here, we will mention fixes you can use to resolve the Connection Lost error in MultiVersus. So, without much ado, let us check out the solutions now.
Fix Connection Lost Error in MultiVersus
Here are the fixes you can use to resolve the MultiVersus Connection Lost error:
- Restart MultiVersus and Router
- Make sure you are connected to an active internet connection.
- Check the server status of MultiVersus.
- Run MultiVersus as Administrator.
- Update your network drivers.
- Use a VPN service.
- Verify and repair MultiVersus game files.
- Flush the DNS and switch your DNS server.
- Check for available game updates.
- Allow MultiVersus through firewall/ antivirus.
Let us elaborate on the above fixes now.
1] Restart MultiVersus and Router
This error could be a result of a temporary glitch. Hence, in that case, you can try restarting the game and see if the error is resolved. Also, restart your Router.
It is a typical method to fix temporary glitches with apps and games. It works wonders in many cases. So, you can try the same and see if it helps. In case the error continues to appear, there must be some underlying reason causing the Connection Lost error in MultiVersus. So, move on to the next potential fix to resolve it.
2] Make sure you are connected to an active internet connection
You are most likely to experience the Connection Lost error in MultiVersus if there is an internet connectivity issue. MultiVersus requires an active and stable internet connection with good speed to perform without errors like these. Hence, you need to ensure that your internet connection is stable and reliable.
The first thing you should do is check your internet speed. If it is slow, you can contact your Internet service provider (ISP) and upgrade your internet plan. There might also be some generic WiFi issues on your PC. You can simply troubleshoot them and reboot your PC to check if the error is gone.
A lot of gamers also prefer using a wired connection as it is more reliable for online gaming purposes. So, if you can, switch to a wired connection from a wireless connection and see if the error is stopped now.
You can also try performing a power cycle on your networking device i.e., router and modem. If there is a bad router cache or some temporary issue with your router, it will fix the problem. So, power cycle your router and then check if the error is resolved or not. To do that, switch off your router and unplug it from the main switch. Next, wait for at least 30 seconds and reconnect its power cord. Switch it on and connect your PC to the internet. Run MultiVersus and hopefully, you won’t get the Connection Lost error in MultiVersus.
If you are sure there is no internet connectivity issue, you can move on to the next potential fix.
See: Fix MultiVersus Launch Error, Failed to get the process’ path.
3] Check the server status of MultiVersus
As discussed earlier, another reason for the Connection Lost error in MultiVersus can be a server-related problem. It might be the case that the servers are down because of an outrage issue. Or, the game servers might be undergoing maintenance work. Thus, you are receiving the Connection Lost error message in the game.
So, you can check the current server status of MultiVersus and make sure the servers are not down. For that, you can use a free server-status detector tool and find out its server availability. You can also check out the official pages of MultiVersus on Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms. The official team keeps on updating their users on the current server status of the game.
If you find out the servers are down at the moment, wait for some time and keep retrying meanwhile. In case there is no server issue, try the next potential solution to fix the error.
4] Run MultiVersus as Administrator
The next thing you can do is try running the game with administrator rights. The error might be triggered if you lack the required permissions to perform certain tasks and activities in MultiVersus. Games like MultiVersus need proper administrator rights to perform different tasks on your computer. So, if the scenario is applicable, you can run the game with administrator privileges and see if the error is resolved. In addition to that, try launching the game launcher i.e., Steam with administrator rights to fix the error.
Here are the main steps to run Steam and MultiVersus with admin rights always:
- First, press the right-click on the Steam app and click on the Properties option from the appeared context menu.
- Now, move to the Compatibility tab and make sure to checkmark the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- After that, click on the Apply > OK button to apply changes and close the Properties window.
- Next, move to the installation folder of MultiVersus and right-click on MultiVersus’s executable file. By default, you will find the MultiVersus installation folder at the following location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common
- Now, repeat steps (2) and (3) for MultiVersus and exit the Properties window.
- Finally, launch Steam and try running MultiVersus to check whether the error is gone or not.
If the Connection Lost error still appears in MultiVersus, go ahead and try the next potential fix.
5] Update your network drivers
An outdated network driver can cause a connectivity issue leading to the Connection Lost error in MultiVersus. Hence, update your network driver to its latest version and then check if the error is resolved or not. There are multiple methods to do so which are as follows:
- You can manually update network drivers via your Settings app. Launch Settings using Win+I and move to the Windows Update > Advanced options. And, click on the Optional Update option and download and install pending device driver updates.
- If you prefer using the conventional Device Manager app.
- You can download the latest version of your network driver from the official website of your device manufacturer.
- Use a free third-party driver updater software to automatically update the network and other device drivers.
When you are done updating your network driver, restart your PC and run the MultiVersus game to check if the Connection Lost error is gone or not. If not, move on to the next potential fix.
6] Use a VPN service
As of now, MultiVersus is available in certain regions only. North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand are the available regions to play the game as of now. Now, if are in Asia or the Middle East, you will not be able to play the game. But, there is a way out. You can use a VPN service and use a different server location which is supported by MultiVersus.
There are multiple free VPN software that you can use on Windows to bypass location restrictions and play MultiVersus.
If the scenario is not applicable, you can move on to the next potential fix to resolve the error.
7] Verify and repair MultiVersus game files
The corrupted or missing game files can also cause the Connection Lost error in MultiVersus. The game is likely to falter if there are infected game files and you will run into errors like these. Hence, verify the integrity of the game files to fix the problem. Steam provides a direct option to verify and repair game files. Here’s how you can use it to verify your game files of MultiVersus:
- First, open the Steam app and move to its LIBRARY section.
- Now, look for the MultiVersus game and right-click on it.
- After that, from the appeared context menu, tap on the Properties option.
- Next, click on the LOCAL FILES tab and click on the VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES button. Let Steam scan and verify your game files and if there are bad files, they will be replaced and fixed.
- When done, reopen the game and see if the error is gone.
In case you use Epic Games Launcher, here are the steps to verify and repair MultiVersus game files:
- First, start Epic Games Launcher and move to Library.
- Next, fine the MultiVersus game and click on the three dots menu option present next to it.
- Now, tap on the Verify option; it will then start a verification check on game files and repair them if required.
- When done, relaunch the game to check whether or not the error is fixed.
If MultIVersus is still throwing the Connection Lost error message, move on to try the next potential fix to resolve it.
8] Flush the DNS and switch your DNS server
There might be some DNS cache or inconsistency issue causing the error at hand. So, you can try flushing the DNS cache, and if that doesn’t help, set up the Google DNS Server on your PC and see if the error is fixed.
9] Check for available game updates
It is also recommended to install all the latest game patches available for MultiVersus. So, make sure you have enabled the automatic update function on your game launcher.
10] Allow MultiVersus through firewall/ antivirus
There might be a firewall interference that is preventing connection establishment between MultiVersus and game servers. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, add the game to the exception, whitelist, or exclusion list of your antivirus/ firewall.
You can allow the MultiVersus game through Windows Firewall using the below steps:
- First, start Windows Defender Security Center and tap on Firewall and Network Protection option.
- Now, click on the “Allow an app through firewall” option and then press the “Change Settings” button.
- Next, check if the MultiVersus game is listed in the app list. If not, click on the “Add another app” option and browse and select the main executable file of MultiVersus.
- After that, select the MultiVersus game and enable it on both Private and Public networks.
- Finally, click on the OK button and close the window.
Hopefully, you won’t get the Connection Lost error message in MultiVersus now.
Why does my MultiVersus say Connection Lost?
If you are likely to receive a Connection Lost error message in MultiVersus if your internet connection is weak or unstable. Apart from that, server problems, an outdated network driver, DNS cache issues, or lack of administrator rights can cause the error at hand. You might also receive the Connection Lost error if your firewall is blocking the connection between the game and the game servers.
Can t connect to internet MultiVersus?
If MultiVersus is not connecting to the internet or you are getting connection errors in the game, check your internet connection and make sure it is stable and reliable. It can also be a server issue, so make sure the game servers are not down currently. Besides that, verify the integrity of the game files, flush DNS, change your DNS server, allow the game through your firewall, etc.
Are the MultiVersus servers up?
To check if the MultiVersus servers are up or down, you can use a web service. There are online tools like IsItDownRightNow.com, DownForEveryoneOrJustMe.com, and DownDetector.com that let you check the server status of games like MultiVersus.
Now read: MultiVersus not launching, opening, stuck at the loading screen or crashing.