Is Roblox being laggy on your Windows PC? Some users have complained that Roblox is not performing well on their PC and they keep experiencing lags and stutters in the game. This issue will likely occur on a low-end PC with weak hardware specifications. There can be other reasons for this issue. Let us find out.
Why is my Roblox so laggy?
A lot of factors are responsible for Roblxo being laggy. It could be your low system specifications, outdated OS, outdated graphics driver, or a slow internet connection causing Roblox to lag or stutter. The problem may also occur due to bulked-up junk files on your system or corrupted Roblox cache files. Besides that, if you are on a low-end PC, setting up too high graphics configurations can result in a laggy or bad performance of Roblox. Running too many apps at the same time is another reason for the same issue.
How to make Roblox run faster on a low-end PC?
Here are some of the best tips and tricks you can use to reduce lags and stutters in Roblox and make the games run smoother and faster even on low-end computers:
- Keep your graphics and other device drivers up-to-date.
- Check for internet issues.
- Modify your in-game graphics settings.
- Close unnecessary background programs.
- Set the Roblox process priority to high.
- Turn off the Xbox Game Bar.
- Customize your graphics card settings.
- Clear the Windows cache.
- Delete the Roblox cache files.
- Change graphics preference for Roblox.
- Delete the textures files.
- Reinstall Roblox.
1] Keep your graphics and other device drivers up-to-date
Graphics drivers play an important role in the performance of your games like Roblox on a PC. If you have outdated graphics drivers, you will experience lags, stutters, and other performance issues with games no matter how high or low your system specifications are.
Hence, update your graphics driver to its latest version, and network drivers, and make sure other device drivers are also up-to-date. You can open your Settings app using Win+I, navigate to the Windows Update tab, go to Advanced options, and click on the Optional updates option to check if there are device driver updates available. If so, select the updates and click on the Download & install button. Once the updates are installed, check if the problem is resolved.
Additionally, make sure you have installed all pending Windows updates as well.
2] Check for internet issues
You need an active and stable internet connection to play Roblox games online. If you experience lags in games, it might be the case that your internet is not working properly. So, you can check your internet speed and fix your WiFi problems.
3] Modify your in-game graphics settings
Higher in-game graphics settings in Roblox on a low-end PC will cause your game to run slowly on your PC. Hence, to run your game smoother or faster, you can open your in-game settings in Roblox and lower your graphics settings. Here are the steps to do that:
- First, launch a Roblox game and press the Esc key to access the game menu and settings. Or, click on the Roblox icon in the top-left corner of the game window.
- Now, click on the Settings tab.
- After that, set Graphics Mode to Manual.
- Next, drag the Graphics Quality slider towards the left and lower it.
- Once done, press the Resume button and check if there is an improvement in the game’s performance.
4] Close unnecessary background programs
If you are running too many apps on a low-end PC simultaneously, it is likely to cause lags in Roblox and other games. Roblox games require a good amount of system resources to run properly. Hence, if multiple high-power apps and resource-hungry software are running on your PC, close them. This will make Roblox run smoother and faster.
First, right-click on your taskbar and choose Task Manager. Now, choose the app you want to close and click on the End task button. Repeat this for all other non-essential background apps and see if there is an improvement in the performance of Roblox games.
5] Set the Roblox process priority to high
Another thing you can do is set the priority for the Roblox process to high. This will ensure that Roblox is able to utilize available system resources on a high priority. And, will make your games run better. Here are the steps to do that:
- First, open Task Manager using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
- Now, right-click on the Roblox Game Client process in the Processes tab.
- From the context menu, select the Go to details option.
- Next, right-click on the highlighted Roblox process in the Details tab.
- After that, go to the Set priority option and choose High.
- Once done, check if Robox is running smoother or not.
6] Turn off the Xbox Game Bar
You can also try disabling the Xbox Game Bar recording feature to improve Roblox performance. This feature is used to record gameplay and audio on your PC. It is a handy feature, but it can drain your system resources and cause your games to lag, especially on a low-end PC. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, disable the Xbox Game Bar from Settings > Gaming > Xbox Game Bar. After disabling this feature, open Roblox and check if it runs smoother or not.
7] Customize your graphics card settings
You can also optimize your graphics card settings as per your system’s specifications to run Roblox smoothly. If you have set higher graphics settings on a low-end PC, you are likely to experience performance issues with your game. Hence, change your graphics settings and optimize them according to your PC’s hardware specifications.
Note: If you have a high-end PC, you can choose to keep higher graphics preferences to run Roblox.
If you use an NVIDIA Control Panel, here are the steps to optimize your graphics settings on Windows 11/10:
- First, open the NVIDIA Control Panel using the Windows Search option.
- Now, go to the 3D Settings > Manage 3D settings option from the left-side pane.
- Next, in the Global Settings tab, set the graphics options to low or medium value, or turn off maximum features.
- Once done, click on the Apply button to save changes.
Similarly, you can optimize graphics settings for other graphics cards and observe whether there is an improvement in the performance of Roblox games on your PC or not.
8] Clear the Windows cache
Keeping your system free from junk, temporary, and cache files is important. It helps you achieve greater performance in apps and games. Hence, you can try clearing Windows cache files to make Roblox run better on your system.
9] Delete the Roblox cache files
Old, bulked-up, and broken cache files associated with Roblox are likely to deteriorate the overall performance of games. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, it is recommended to clear the Roblox cache at regular intervals to avoid performance issues in your games.
Here are the steps to clear the Roblox cache on Windows 11/10:
- First, close Roblox and all the running instances from Task Manager.
- Now, open the Run command box using the Win+R shortcut key.
- After that, in the Open field, type the below command and press Enter:
- Next, select all the files and folders in the opened location using CTRL+A and press the Shift+Delete hotkey to permanently remove the Roblox cache files.
- Once done, restart Roblox, launch a game, and check if it runs better or not.
10] Change graphics preference for Roblox.
You can also try adjusting the graphics preference for Roblox to make it run faster and smoother. Setting High performance under Graphics Preference for Roblox might help you enhance its overall performance. Here are the steps to do that:
- First, press Win+I to open the Settings app and move to System > Display > Graphics.
- Now, under the Add an app section, click on the Browse button and select the main executable of Roblox.
- Once the Roblox app is added, select it and click on the Options button.
- After that, select the High performance option and press the Save button.
- Finally, open a Roblox game and check if the problem is resolved.
11] Delete the textures files
The next thing you can do to speed up Roblox is delete the textures. You are likely to run the game faster without textures. Here are the steps to delete Roblox textures:
- First, press Win+R to open Run and enter %LocalAppData% in the Open box.
- Now, open the Roblox folder in the opened location.
- Next, go to the Versions folder and open the latest version folder.
- After that, navigate to the PlatformContent > pc folder.
- Next, open the textures folder and delete all the files and folders except for studs and wangIndex files.
- Once done, restart Roblox and check if the problem is resolved.
12] Reinstall Roblox
If none of the above solutions worked for you, the Roblox app might be corrupted which is why you keep experiencing performance issues in the games. Hence, you can uninstall Roblox and then reinstall it to fix the problem.
First, open your Settings app, go to the Apps tab, and click on the Installed apps option. Look for the Roblox app, tap on the three-dot menu button, and choose the Uninstall option. After that, follow the prompted instructions to complete the uninstallation process. When done, reboot your PC and reinstall Roblox from its official website. Hopefully, you won’t experience performance issues in Roblox anymore.
How do I make my Roblox less laggy?
You can make Roblox less laggy & run faster on your computer by following certain tips and tricks. You can set higher graphics preferences for Roblox in your Settings. Also, if you run too many apps on your system, you can set high priority for Roblox tasks to make it run better and faster. You can also optimize graphics options for Roblox. In case you have a low-end PC, you can follow the tips we have mentioned below to run Roblox faster.