At times, your computer might encounter errors that are not yet acknowledged by Microsoft yet. One such case is with the 0x0 0x0 error code on Windows. In this case, we get the error code along with the error statement Something went wrong. Should you encounter the same issue on your system, please read through this article for the resolutions.
How to fix Error Code 0x0 0x0 on Windows 11/10
The error Sorry, Something went wrong, Error Code 0x0 0x0, is usually seen on Windows Insider Builds and the main cause behind the error is either bugs or system inconsistencies. We suggest checking the RAM and status of drivers to fix this problem. You can solve this problem by trying the following solutions sequentially:
- Update all the drivers through Windows Update
- Test the RAM memory on your system
- Use the Driver Verifier Manager tool
- Use Reset This PC option
- Check for more solutions on the Feedback Hub
Quick fixes for Error 0x0 0x0 on Windows
1] Update all the drivers through Windows Update
Windows Update is an essential process, and it also helps update the drivers on the system. Rather, if you wish to update drivers post new changes, then Windows Update would be the best approach. The procedure to update Windows is as follows:
- Right-click on the Start button and select Settings from the menu.
- Go to the Windows Updates tab on the list on the left-hand side.
- In the right pane, select Check for Updates.
- After this, go to Advanced options in the right pane.
- Scroll down and click on Optional updates.
- If updates are available, expand the list of updates.
- Check all the available updates.
- Select Download & install.
- Reboot the system after the update.
Since obsolete and corrupt drivers are a major cause of the problem, updating them will be very helpful.
2] Test the RAM memory on your system
The error in the discussion can be caused by a problematic RAM. In this case, you can test the RAM of the system. It can be be tested using 2 tools. The first tool is the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool of the computer. The procedure to use this tool is as follows:
- Press Win+R to open the Run window.
- In the Run window, type the command MDSCHED and hit Enter to open the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool.
- Click on Restart now and check for problems.
The Windows Memory Diagnostic tool is a basic tool. The other tool is the Memtest86+ Advanced Memory Diagnostic tool which is a downloadable tool and does more extensive research in comparison to the in-built tool.
3] Use the Driver Verifier tool
The Driver Verifier Manager tool is an excellent tool to check whether the drivers in the system are signed or not. If one or more drivers are unsigned, the tool will indicate the same. The procedure to verifiy system drivers using the Driver Verifier tool is as follows.
- Search for verifier in the Windows Search bar.
- Click on the Verifier Run command to open the Driver Verifier tool.
- If you encounter a UAC prompt, please click on Yes.
- Check the radio button at Create standard settings and click on Next.
- Check the radio button at Automatically select unsigned drivers and click on Next.
4] Use Reset This PC option
If everything else fails, you can consider resetting your computer using the Reset This PC option. Don’t worry, you will not lose a single file on your computer. The option will merely reset the settings of the computer to default. You might have to install Windows Updates manually after the reset procedure.
5] Check for more solutions on Windows Feedback Hub
Since Windows mentions that the cause and details of the error are not known, a lot is left to discuss on the forums. The best forum for such discussions is the Microsoft Feedback Hub. This platform will help you create a query even if the query doesn’t already exist. Other than the Feedback Hub, you can also consult the Microsoft Answers forum.
What causes the 0x0 error on Windows?
Error Code 0x0 in Windows Insider Builds during an upgrade, is mainly caused due to the issues associated with the configuration settings of Windows PC.
How do I fix error code 0x0 on Mac?
To fix error code 0x0 on Mac when signing in to Office, ensure your internet connection is stable. Then, try restarting your Mac and opening the Office application again. If the issue persists, check for any updates or reinstall the Office suite. If all else fails, reach out to Microsoft support for further assistance.
What does the Something went wrong error mean?
The Something went wrong error can be associated with multiple issues and usually appears as a dialog box. It could refer to a situation where the system encountered an unknown error and thus refers to the term “something.” If an error code is associated with this statement, then you can check Microsoft forums for a solution.
What is error code 0x0 in Remote Desktop?
Error code 0x0 in Remote Desktop indicates an authentication error caused by unrecognized credentials. It hinders successful connection and requires valid login credentials to resolve. Ensure that the correct username and password are entered, and verify the authentication method matches the server’s settings to fix this issue.