When installing certain games through Microsoft Store on Windows, if you are receiving 0x8007001f, then this post will help you resolve the problem. The same can happen when installing games through Xbox App or Windows Update as well.
Fix Error Code 0x8007001F on Windows 11
Here is the list of suggestions to help you fix the Error 0x8007001F in the Microsoft Store, Xbox app or Windows Update on Windows 11/10:
- Update Windows Store
- Reinstall the Gaming Service
- Run Windows App Troubleshooter
- Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Perform the operation in Clean Boot State.
You will need an admin account to execute these suggestions.
1] Update Microsoft Store
The first and foremost thing to do is update the Microsoft Store. The update is delivered through Microsoft Store itself, so you need to go to the update section and check if you have an update. Leave everything aside, and install the Microsoft Store.
- Open Microsoft Store
- Click on the Library icon on the left and the Get Updates button.
- Wait for the updates to get listed.
- Locate the update available for Microsoft Store.
- Click on the Update button, and let it update
Once the Microsoft Store relaunches, try installing the game again.
2] Reinstall the Gaming Service in Windows PC
If updating doesn’t work, reinstall the game service in Windows.
- Right-click the Start button in the lower-left corner of the main screen, and then select Windows Terminal (Admin).
- Type the following command and press Enter to remove Microsoft Gaming Service from Windows.
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
- In the same window, type the following command and press Enter. The command will open the Gaming Service listing in Microsoft Store, and you can install it.
- Install the app on that page, and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
- Restart your device, and try to install the game again.
If the above fails, go below and delete both keys, and reboot. You must open the Registry Editor and navigate to the following to delete.
Make sure to take a backup or create a system restore point before deleting these keys.
3] Run Windows Store App Troubleshooter
Windows has a built-in troubleshooter for applications you install from the Microsoft Store, including the app itself. You can run the Windows App troubleshooter to fix the problem if nothing else is working.
4] Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter and see if that makes the problem go away.
5] Perform the operation in Clean Boot State
You may perform Clean Boot and then run Windows Update or try to update Microsoft Store apps or Xbox and see if that helps.
This Windows Update, Microsoft Store or Xbox error does not happen occasionally, but it isn’t very pleasant, especially when it is only specific to particular games. However, these suggestions should help you resolve the problem, especially with the gaming service.
What does Gaming Service do on Windows?
On Windows, the Gaming Service app is a background process that enables features for other games and apps on your system. Some examples of features that Gaming Services may provide include a Game bar, Game Mode, Game activity tracking, and Game Pass. Overall, Gaming Services helps improve the gaming experience on Windows by providing a range of user features and tools.
Why is Microsoft Store not letting me download games?
You cannot download games from the Microsoft Store for several reasons. Some common reasons include insufficient storage space, network issues, compatibility issues, region restrictions, etc. If none of these suggestions help, it may be helpful to try resetting the Microsoft Store app. You can do this by going to Settings > Apps > Microsoft Store > Advanced options > Reset.