In this post, we will show you how to update Microsoft Store apps manually in Windows 10. Just as we keep our Windows OS and desktop software updated at all times, we also need to ensure that our Windows Store UWP apps are up-to-date. By default, Windows 10 is set to check for and update Windows Store apps automatically.
But if you have turned off automatic app updates, then you need to check for Windows Store App updates manually. This post will show you how to check for Windows Store App & Games updates manually in Windows 10.
Check for Windows Store App updates manually
If you have disabled automatic app updates, you may need to check for them manually.
How to update Microsoft Store apps manually
To check if any updates are available for your Windows Store Apps & Games:
- From your Start Menu, open the Store app
- Click on your user image
- From the displayed menu, click on the Download and updates link
- Next, click on the Check for updates button
- Windows 10 will connect to Microsoft servers and see if any updates are available.
If any updates are available for any of the apps, you will see the total figure next to your user image, along with a list of apps for which updates are available.
Against each app name, you will see signs that will let you start, pause, or cancel downloading of updates – along with an option to Pause all updates.
That is all there is to it.
- How to install or uninstall Microsoft Store Apps
- Microsoft Store apps are not updating automatically.
- Tags: Windows Apps