You may receive the error code 0x80072EE2 when you try to install an Xbox Game Pass game on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 gaming rig, or when you try to install the latest operating system (OS) update to your Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One console. This post provides the most suitable solutions to the issue.
Try the download again. The connection was lost during download.
Error 0x80072EE2 when installing game on PC or updating Xbox
This error code means that the operation has timed out. So, if you are getting Error 0x80072EE2 when installing game on PC or updating Xbox, you can try the recommended solutions below to fix the error on your gaming device.
- Restart Internet and Gaming device
- Check Xbox server status and Network/Internet connection
- Update Xbox console offline
- Reset gaming device
- Contact Xbox Support
Let’s take a look at the description of the process involved concerning each of the listed solutions.
1] Restart Internet and Gaming device
You can start off troubleshooting the Error 0x80072EE2 when installing game on PC or updating Xbox with the basics. This solution requires you to restart your internet device (modem/router), as well as give your gaming PC or your Xbox console a quick restart. Console gamers can also power cycle their device, or hard reboot your Windows 11/10 gaming system- and see if that helps.
To manually power cycle your Xbox console, do the following:
- Press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds to turn off your console.
- Unplug your Xbox from the mains.
- Wait at least 30-60 seconds.
- Once the time elapses, plug your Xbox back into the power outlet.
- Now, press the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller to turn your console back on.
2] Check Xbox server status and Network/Internet connection
Every other things being equal, a quick restart of your gaming and internet device should clear up any temporary network or internet glitches at your end. But, if this isn’t the case for you and the issue in hand persists, you will need to probe further, and that requires you to check the check Xbox server status, as well as check if you are having network/internet connection problems so you can take the necessary actions to fix any internet connectivity issues.
This error could be due to a transient issue at Xbox end – so, you can wait a while and check the Xbox Live status then try again if all services are up and running. If the Xbox Live status is all green for all services, you can try installing the game again. If that doesn’t resolve the problem, try the following on your PC:
- Open the Xbox Console Companion app.
- Select Settings, and then select the Network tab.
- Under Xbox multiplayer, make sure Server connectivity says Connected.
- Select the Windows logo key on your device or keyboard, or you can select the Windows key in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
- Select Settings > Gaming, and then select Xbox Networking.
- Under Xbox Live multiplayer, make sure Internet connection says Connected.
If your network doesn’t appear as Connected, or if you’re having connectivity problems, select Fix It and follow the troubleshooting instructions.
3] Update Xbox console offline
If you have chosen to skip an Xbox console update and keep your console in offline mode, the console can’t perform a network test to determine if you’re connected to the internet. To install a system update on your Xbox console:
- Make sure that your Xbox console is connected to the network by pressing the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Navigate to Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings > Test network connection.
- If you’re connected, reboot the console by pressing and holding the Xbox button to open the Power Center, and then selecting Restart console.
After the reboot, try the console update again. If you’re experiencing issues connecting to the Xbox network, try changing between a wired and wireless connection. If you’re still unable to update to the latest OS update, you can perform an offline system update.
4] Reset gaming device
On the unlikely event the above suggestions wasn’t helpful in resolve the issue in highlight, this solution requires you to reset your gaming device and see if that helps. You can reset your Xbox console – but make sure to select the Reset and keep my games & apps option. PC gamers can reset your Windows PC – but choose the option to keep your personal files.
5] Contact Xbox Support
If nothing else worked to fix the error you are currently encountering on your Windows 11/10 gaming rig or Xbox console, you can contact Xbox Support and see if they can be of any useful assistance.
Hope this helps!
Related post: Fix Windows Update Error 0x80072EE2
How do you fix Xbox error code 0x8007000E?
To fix Xbox error code 0x8007000E, you simply need to cancel the game installation, restart the console, and then reinstall the game. Do the following:
- Open My games & apps.
- Select Queue and highlight the game you’re trying to download.
- Press the Menu button on your controller, and then select Cancel.
- Restart your console.
How do you fix Xbox error code 0x80072F8F?
The error code 0x80072F8F occurs on your gaming device when your connection to Xbox Live fails. To resolve this issue, restart your network device. For example, restart your router or gateway.