You might have experienced imbalanced audio sound while listening to music, especially if you’re using earphones or headphones. This implies that one side of your earphone is louder than the other, resulting in a distorting and unpleasant sound effect.
Just due to having an imbalanced audio effect, it doesn’t always mean your audio device is damaged or deteriorated. It might be possible that the left or right audio channel has got imbalanced that ended up with this issue. In this article, we have explained two easy methods that will help you to change the sound audio balance for the left and right channels in your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC.
Change Audio Balance for Left and Right channel
Here are two methods using which you can change the sound audio balance for the left and right channels on your Windows 11/10 PC:
- Using the Windows Settings
- Through the Control Panel
Let’s see both methods in detail:
1] Change Sound Audio Balance via Windows Settings
- Press Win+I keyboard shortcut to open the Windows Settings.
- Select the System category and then click on the Sound tab.
- Go to the right side and choose your output device using the drop-down for which you want to change the audio balance.
- Then click on the Device properties link.
- Under the Balance section, you will see two sliders for the left and right channels.
- Now drag these sliders to adjust the audio balance accordingly for the left and right channels.
In Windows 11, you will see the settings here:
- Open Settings.
- Go to System > Sound.
- From Output, click Speakers.
- Click Advanced from Enhance audio section.
- Click Levels > Balance.
- Then use the slider to change the levels of Left and Right channels.
- Click Ok.
- Click Apply > Ok.
Once you complete the steps, close the Settings window and check if your audio device is working correctly.
2] Change Sound Audio Balance through Control Panel
You can also change the sound audio balance for the left and right channels using the Control Panel.
To get it started, open the Control Panel first.
Go to the top right corner of the window and change the View by from Category to Large icons or Small icons.
From the list of All Control Panel Items, select the Sound option.
Right-click on your audio output device and select Properties.
In the Properties window, go to the Levels tab and then click the Balance button.
Here you will have two sliders for the left and right channels.
Adjust the audio balance as per your need and then click the OK button to save the changes.
Let us know if you find this article useful.