Are you unable to hear anyone in calls and meetings on the Microsoft Teams app? A lot of Microsoft Teams users have complained that they hear no sound in their calls and meeting on Teams. While this issue can be caused if you have not enabled your microphone and speakers on Teams, several users have faced this problem even after enabling their mic and speaker. Now, if you are one of those users encountering the “no sound” issue on Teams calls and meetings, we got you covered. In this post, we are going to show you several fixes that will help you get rid of the problem.
No sound on Teams calls and meetings
Why can’t I hear audio in Teams meeting?
There can be multiple reasons why you are unable to hear the audio in your Teams calls and meetings. Here are some of the potential scenarios of the issue at hand:
- It could be caused if your PC is on mute. Hence, make sure your computer is not on mute or the volume is not set low.
- The problem might be with your current speakers. In that case, you can try switching to a different output audio device to fix the issue.
- Outdated audio drivers can also cause the problem at hand. So, if the scenario is applicable, try updating your audio driver to fix the issue.
- If you haven’t granted the required audio device permissions on Teams, you are likely to face the issue at hand. Hence, in that case, try granting Media Permissions on your Teams app to fix the issue.
- The problem might also occur if you are using an outdated version of Microsoft Teams. If the scenario is applicable, update your app to the latest version to fix the problem.
Based on the above scenarios, you can try a suitable fix for the “No sound on Teams calls and meetings” issue on your Windows PC.
Audio not working on Microsoft Teams
Here are the fixes you can try to resolve the no sound issue on Teams calls and meetings:
- Try some generic tips and tricks.
- Update your audio driver.
- Take a test call in Microsoft Teams.
- Select a different audio output device.
- Enable Media Permissions on Teams.
- Disable the Listen to this device option.
- Try using the Teams web app.
- Update Microsoft Teams.
1] Try some generic tips and tricks
At first, you should try some standard troubleshooting tricks to fix the problem. In a lot of cases, you might not be able to hear sound on Teams because of some temp[rary system or app glitch/ bug. So, this can be fixed by using the following methods:
- You can try fixing the issue with a simple restart. First, close all the processes related to Teams using Task Manager. Then, restart your Teams app and then check if the problem is resolved.
- Try rebooting your PC and check whether the problem is fixed.
- You should also make sure the audio on your system is working fine. Check if your PC is on mute it low volume. If yes, unmute your PC and increase the volume to the maximum.
- Also, test if the audio is working everywhere else on your PC or not. Play an audio file in a media player and see if the sound is working fine.
If the problem still persists, you can try the next potential fix to resolve the problem.
2] Update your audio driver
As most of the sound-related issues on a PC are triggered due to outdated and corrupted audio drivers, you can try updating your audio driver. There are several ways to update your audio drivers that are:
- One of the most common ways to update drivers is via Settings. Just open the Settings app, go to the Windows Update section > Optional Updates feature, and download and install all the latest audio driver updates.
- You can also download and install the latest audio drivers from the official website of the device manufacturer.
- Another conventional method to update audio drivers is the Device Manager app. You can use the below steps to update the audio driver:
- Hit the Win+X hotkey and choose Device Manager.
- Open the Sound category.
- Select the active audio device and press right-click on it.
- Click on the Update Driver option.
- Try using a free driver updater to update all your out-of-date audio and device drivers automatically.
Once done, try relaunching Teams and check if the problem is resolved or not. If not, try the next potential solution to fix the issue.
3] Take a test call in Microsoft Teams
You can try making a test call on Teams and see if the sound is working or not. To do that, follow the below steps:
- Firstly, tap on the Settings and more button available next to your profile picture.
- Now, go to the Settings > Devices option.
- Next, under Audio devices, select Make a test call.
- After that, follow the instructions to test your microphone and speaker. See if your audio devices are working fine or not.
4] Select a different audio output device
You can try choosing a different audio output device and see if it works for you. Here is how you can do that:
- First of all, tap on the Settings and more button present next to your profile picture in Teams.
- Now, tap on the Settings > Devices option.
- Next, under the Audio devices dropdown, select an alternative speaker and mic.
- After that, see if you are able to hear sound on Teams calls and meetings.
If the problem still goes on, you can try the next potential fix to resolve it.
5] Enable Media Permissions on Teams
You also need to make sure that the media permissions on Teams are enabled. To do that, here are the steps to follow:
- First, press the Settings and more button and then go to the Settings > Devices option.
- Now, make sure the toggle associated with the Media (Camera, microphone, speakers) option is enabled.
- Next, go back to Teams meetings or calls and see if the audio is working fine.
If this method doesn’t help, move on to the next potential fix to resolve it.
6] Disable the Listen to this device option
You can also try disabling the Listen to this device option in the Sound settings on your PC to troubleshoot this audio issue. Here are the steps to do that:
- Firstly, right-click on the volume icon on your taskbar and then click on the Sound settings option.
- Now, click on the More sound settings option.
- After that, choose Stereo Mix and press the Properties button.
- Next, go to the Listen tab and disable the Listen to this device checkbox.
- Finally, open Teams and check if the issue is resolved.
If this method fails to work for you, try the next potential fix to get rid of the issue at hand.
7] Try using the Teams web app
If none of the above solutions worked for you, try switching to the web app of Microsoft Teams. The problem might be with your app. Hence, trying it on a different platform should fix the issue for you. This is kind of a workaround and might work for you for the time being.
8] Update Microsoft Teams
You need to make sure that your Teams app is up-to-date to avoid such issues and bugs. With an outdated version of Microsoft Teams, you are likely to run into several performance and stability issues. New updates address bugs and issues like this. SO, make sure you have the most recent version of the Teams app.
In order to update your Microsoft Teams app, tap on the Settings and more button that is present besides your profile picture. Now, press the Check for updates option to let the app download and install available updates. You can then restart the app and see if the problem is fixed or not.
Hopefully, this article helps!
How do I fix Microsoft Team audio problem?
To fix the audio problems on the Microsoft Teams app, make sure you have selected the correct input and output audio devices on your PC. Apart from that, update your audio driver, turn on Media Permissions on Teams, choose a different audio output device, or try using Teams’ web app. You can also try updating your Teams app to fix the issue.
Why the audio is not working in PC?
If audio is not working fine on your PC, it could be due to outdated audio drivers. So, check your audio driver and make sure it is up-to-date. Besides that, you can also check your sound card, set the correct audio device as the default, disable enhancements, or run the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the issue.