Imagine a situation where you need to install Windows 7 or Vista in a system, but you don’t have access to a DVD drive. The way then is to create a bootable USB drive which can be used to install Windows without using DVD drive.
Here is a small utility which creates a bootable USB drive to install Windows 7, Vista or Server 2008.
- A USB Drive (4 GB or more)
- Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008 ISO image or DVD
- Host OS: Windows 7, Vista (SP1 or SP2), Server 2008
The utility does everything in 4 easy steps:
- Checks USB drive (To check whether your USB drive is attached or not)
- Formats USB drive
- Chooses DVD or ISO image (To copy the required files to USB drive)
- Starts the process to create bootable USB drive
You can also read the detailed tutorial on how to install Windows 7 from USB.
These links will also interest you:
- Create Bootable Media using Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool
- Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows 7
- Make a Bootable USB Installer for Windows 7 with WinToFlash.