Utility to create bootable USB Drive to install Windows 7
Imagine a situation where you need to install Windows 7 or Vista in a system, but you don’t have access to a DVD drive. The way then is to create a bootable USBdrive which can be used to install Windows without using DVD drive.
Create bootable USB Drive
Here is a small utility which creates a bootable USB drive to install Windows 7, Vista or Server 2008.
– A USB Drive (4 GB or more)
– Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008 ISO image or DVD
– Host OS: Windows 7, Vista (SP1 or SP2), Server 2008
The utility does everything in 4 easy steps:
– Checks USB drive (To check whether your USB drive is attached or not)
– Formats USB drive
– Chooses DVD or ISO image (To copy the required files to USB drive)
– Starts the process to create bootable USB drive
Anand Khanse is the Admin of TheWindowsClub.com, a 10-year Microsoft MVP Awardee in Windows (2006-16) & a Windows Insider MVP since then. Please read the entire post & the comments first, create a System Restore Point before making any changes to your system & be careful about any 3rd-party offers while installing freeware.