This guide features different solutions you can use if WWE 2K22 keeps crashing on PC after startup. WWE 2K22 is a new wrestling game available for PC. It features realistic graphics and has introduced many new modes. Although it’s been just a few days since the launch, users have started to experience crashing issues with the game. So, here’s what you can do if WWE 2K22 is crashing on your Windows 11/10 after startup.
WWE 2K22 keeps crashing on PC after startup
Below is a list of all the effective solutions to get rid of the WWE 2K22 crashing problem on Windows PC after startup.
- Ensure system matches with the minimum requirement
- Download the latest Graphics driver update
- Run WWE 2K22 on dedicated GPU
- Whitelist WWE 2K22 from Windows Firewall
- Close unnecessary applications
- Verify integrity of game files
- Turn off Steam Overlay
- Reinstall WWE 2K22
Now, let’s take a look at all the solutions in detail.
1] Ensure the system matches the minimum requirement
Before getting into anything technical, you should ensure that your system matches the minimum requirement to run the game.
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3550 or AMD FX 815
- RAM: 8 GB RAM
- GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 or Radeon RX 480
- DirectX: Version 12
- Free space: 60 GB of free space
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit or later
- Processor: Intel i7-4790 or AMD FX 8350
- RAM: 16 GB RAM
- GPU: GeForce GTX 1070 or Radeon RX 580
- DirectX: Version 12
- Free space: 60 GB available space
If the game is crashing even if your system matches the requirements, continue the following solutions.
2] Download the latest Graphics driver update
The first thing that can trigger the crashing issue is an outdated graphics driver. WWE 2K22 is a modern and graphics-oriented game; therefore, your system must feature the latest and best graphics drivers to run the game efficiently. Here’s how to update graphics drivers on Windows PC.
- You may check for Driver Updates via Windows Update to update your drivers
- Visit the manufacturer’s site to download the drivers.
- Download the latest driver update using Device Manager.
3] Run WWE 2K22 on dedicated GPU
The next thing you can try is to run the game on a dedicated GPU. To do so, follow the below steps.
- Open the Settings window by pressing Windows + I shortcut key.
- Navigate to System > Display > Graphics.
- Locate WWE 2K22, and tap on it.
- Choose Options.
- Select High performance in the following window.
- Click on Save.
Now, check if the problem is solved or not.
4] Whitelist WWE 2K22 from Windows Firewall
The Windows firewall can interfere in the game’s launch and cause the crashing issue. You will have to allow the game from the Windows firewall to solve the problem. Furthermore, you can even temporarily disable any third-party antivirus program installed on your system while running the game.
5] Close unnecessary applications
As mentioned, WWE 2K22 is graphics oriented game; it needs maximum system resources to run smoothly. But the unnecessary background running applications can consume system resources and cause the crashing issue. Thus, close all the background running applications using Task manager to fix the problem.
6] Verify integrity of game files
The next thing you should try is to verify the integrity of game files. If there was an issue during the game installation, aur if the game files have been corrupted, you will face the crashing issue. To solve the problem, you can go through the Verify integrity of game files feature of Steam. Here’s how it’s done.
- Firstly, launch the Steam client and click on the LIBRARY menu present at the top.
- Now, locate the WWE 2K22 from the list of installed games.
- Right-click, and from the context menu, select the Properties option.
- Switch to the LOCAL FILES tab and click on Verify integrity of game files.
- Let the verification process be complete, and once done, relaunch the WWE 2K22 game and see if the issue is now resolved.
7] Turn off Steam Overlay
Steam overlay is not a new feature introduced to the gaming platform. And as reported by users, it is one of the major reasons behind the crashing issue in different games, including WWE 2K22. You can disable this feature by following the below steps.
- Open Steam and navigate to the Library option.
- Locate and right-click on WWE 2K22.
- Choose the Properties option.
- From the following window, uncheck the Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game option.
That’s it. Relaunch the game and check if the problem continues.
8] Reinstall WWE 2K22
If you are still facing the problem, you can go through the reinstallation process. As it turns out, there can be some issues during the installation, causing the crash problem. Thus, reinstall the game to fix the issue.
Why does my game keep crashing PC?
There can be multiple reasons responsible for the crashing issue of a game on your PC. But among all, the major culprit can be an outdated graphics driver. The problem can also occur if the system doesn’t match the minimum requirement to run the game, Windows firewall settings, unnecessary applications running in the background, and the overlay feature.
Read Next: PUBG Crashing or Freezing on Windows PC.