Some users have been reporting that when they try to open Windows Defender Application Guard or Windows Sandbox on Windows 10, it fails to open with error code 0x80070003 or 0xC0370400.
The exact error message is:
- ERROR_VSMB_SAVED_STATE_FILE_NOT_FOUND (0xC0370400)
- E_PATHNOTFOUND (0x80070003).
Application Guard or Windows Sandbox error 0x80070003 or 0xC0370400
- Restart your device
- Install all the pending Windows Updates
- Run SFC and DISM.
Let us see them in a bit more detail.
1] Restart your device
Restart your device and see if the problem goes away. This simple step has been known to help many.
2] Install all the pending Windows Updates
Check for updates for your computer. Maybe Microsoft has released a fix or an update for your system.
3] Run SFC and DISM
To run SFC, in an elevated CMD execute the following command:
In an elevated CMD execute the following command:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
This will fix any system image corruption from a Windows Update source.
Incidentally, our freeware FixWin 10 for Windows 10 lets you run both SFC and DISM with the click of a button!
Let us know if anything here helped you.
- Windows Sandbox error codes 0x800706d9, 0x80070002, 0x80070569, 0x80072746
- Windows Sandbox failed to start with error 0xc030106
- Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0x80070057
- Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0x80070015.
- Tags: Sandbox